Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twinkie Twit

It's appalling that some people would ever act this way and very disappointing that you have to live next to one! She sounds like a wretched, miserable person, and you are amazing for not letting it get to you (too much)!

Who's the better person?

YOU ARE!! YOU ARE!! :D :D :D

Ive had issues with a neighbor down the street too. Her go to insult is calling me a fat bich. The hilarious thing? She is just as fat and unarguably less attractive. She lives with her mom and dad and works part time at Circle K. Ive also heard that she has new boyfriend... who has been in jail for over a year.

What part of her life gives her the right to throw stones?

Wow, well beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes straight down to the bone. I just can't imagine saying that to another human being, and I have a temper.

@@Dub, I am with you on the joys of nice neighbors. One of the cool things about Oklahoma, the people really have each other's backs. I think it is because our biggest disasters are tornadoes, which are catastrophic, but very localized. Which means most people are able to help those hit and since we all know it could be us next time, we all pitch in to help out. (I'm going to digress a little and brag about my adopted home state...I have been in a war, a major southern California earthquake, hurricanes in NC...but I have never seen anything like I did following the bombing of the Murah Building in OKC. There were no traffic accidents for three days following the bombing, I noticed people were driving slower and more carefully than usual and it hit, no one wants to pull emergency crews from the bombing. Even the crooks have class, the crime rate dropped to virtually 0 during that time. I have never seen a city of nearly a million people pull together like that).

@@OKCPirate, I have to say that everyone I've met from OK is generally very nice, helpful and all around pleasant to be around. And that's coming from a proud native Texan!

You guys are too much sometimes

Good neighbors can be hard to come by. Luckily the ones on the other side are super sweet.

My dad was Air Force and we spent a few years in Oklahoma. Definitely very nice people there!

I have not had much luck with neighbors since we moved to Yuba City. The first left neighbor had 5 german shepards that would bark for hours on end. Right neibot no contact.

When we moved, the left neighbor has 8 people in a 3bed and was evicted within 3 months. Right neighbor woukd have parties with loud music until 2am every other friday until they were evicted. The house on the left was sold, rather than rented, so they more respectful. The family on the right lets their 2 toddlers roam free, running in the street, playing in my yard. Scares the crap out of me.

Since you won't stoop to telling her to shut the f--k up (totally understandable), why not buy an airhorn and let it blast every time she opens her mouth? Or a rape whistle?

Sigh... I guess that's just as immature.

Have you ever walked up to her with a smile and asked her WHY she is so rude? Ask her what her actual reason is for being so blatantly nasty? Admittedly, it doesn't always work. I've done it here with a particularly ugly one and got zero response, but it does feel good to confront them in a non aggressive way and put the ball in their court. Acknowledging and recognizing their poor behavior is strangely comforting. If they continue to engage in it, as mine has, it's 100% on them. In turn, you are the bigger person giving her the chance to explain.

And you never know. They might just wake up and turn their behavior around.

:)

Get an air horn. Every time she tries to talk to you, point it at her, press the button and smile.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ive had issues with a neighbor down the street too. Her go to insult is calling me a fat bich. The hilarious thing? She is just as fat and unarguably less attractive. She lives with her mom and dad and works part time at Circle K. Ive also heard that she has new boyfriend... who has been in jail for over a year.

What part of her life gives her the right to throw stones?

Wow, well beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes straight down to the bone. I just can't imagine saying that to another human being, and I have a temper.

@@Dub, I am with you on the joys of nice neighbors. One of the cool things about Oklahoma, the people really have each other's backs. I think it is because our biggest disasters are tornadoes, which are catastrophic, but very localized. Which means most people are able to help those hit and since we all know it could be us next time, we all pitch in to help out. (I'm going to digress a little and brag about my adopted home state...I have been in a war, a major southern California earthquake, hurricanes in NC...but I have never seen anything like I did following the bombing of the Murah Building in OKC. There were no traffic accidents for three days following the bombing, I noticed people were driving slower and more carefully than usual and it hit, no one wants to pull emergency crews from the bombing. Even the crooks have class, the crime rate dropped to virtually 0 during that time. I have never seen a city of nearly a million people pull together like that).

I was in OKC in '98 for 5 weeks with my work.

I'd hosted groups of my employees to the Murah building.....what was left of it......every chance I got.

It was something I planned every week.....picking them up from Will Rogers Int'l each Monday morning......Every group had the same comments on those Monday's......as I took them down Reno........"Can we go to this or that steakhouse......or Shepler's Western Wear?" as we'd pass.

By the end of each week........they all said the same thing, "If we come back....can we go to The Site again". Each and every one of us shed tears every time we went there......usually on Wednesdays. It moved me in ways that I simply can't describe. A level of hate grew in me in ways that I never had known prior. A hatred for our Nation's enemies. I have nothing but respect for you, for taking up arms against those enemies....homegrown and abroad.

I've ridden out a couple tornadoes and a few of ENC's hurricanes.............but I'd have traded it all to ride out a war with fellow citizens as righteous and true as yourself. Thank you and much respect. @OKCPirate. On behalf of the Proud Americans on BP.....I extend my thanks and gratitude. I've enjoyed family life and fatherhood due, in huge part to your and your fellow soldier's service.

My knees kept me unable to enlist back in college days.........I pray that a semi-geriatric program is worked out at some point.....I have much payback that I'd like to give. You paved the way for my former life. It'd be an honor if I could pave the way in your next chapter.

Thank you, Sir.

pfff I'm all for the light up a bag of shit on her porche ;-) I know I'd feel better after that.

Not a horn she should get use that Water spray bottle you get to train your cat and dog to stop doing something. everytime she opens her mouth pshhhh

Get an air horn. Every time she tries to talk to you, point it at her, press the button and smile.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@LipstickLady the drama actually started with them when I asked them if they would mind not playing bean bags right next to my husband's car. Granted I understand a bean bag probably won't do any damage, but there's normally alcohol involved and people falling into a car could cause damage. The immediate response was like a child "we aren't touching it so no we aren't moving". From then on it's been horrible. Tonight we actually had their kids ringing our doorbell. City cops say there's nothing they can do unless they physically touch us. It's more than a little absurd. The adults don't know what being an adult means and I can't really blame the kids because they just don't have a prayer. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they're actually gone in a week.

@@LipstickLady the drama actually started with them when I asked them if they would mind not playing bean bags right next to my husband's car. Granted I understand a bean bag probably won't do any damage, but there's normally alcohol involved and people falling into a car could cause damage. The immediate response was like a child "we aren't touching it so no we aren't moving". From then on it's been horrible. Tonight we actually had their kids ringing our doorbell. City cops say there's nothing they can do unless they physically touch us. It's more than a little absurd. The adults don't know what being an adult means and I can't really blame the kids because they just don't have a prayer. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they're actually gone in a week.

I suggest a hose, or a bucket of vinegar, then.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

Shortly after we bought our house we had a run in with the neighbors across the street. They would play music insanely loud starting around 10pm and it would wake up my 5 month old son. I asked nicely 3 different times for them to stop. When the didn't comply my wife unloaded about 150 rounds of ammo into an embankment alongside our house. My wife stood there with a still smoking barrel and said if they ever woke my son again that they would never see the light of day again. The moral of the story is don't piss off momma!