Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if my Dr. made my stomach as small as it's supposed to be!! I can eat a half a can of cream Soup before I feel full which is what STARTED me wondering if he made the new stomach really tiny or if it's kinda big and I JUST ate a whole banana. No dumping and no sense of feeling full. What the hell!? Most people say that they eat four bites of banana and feel stuffed or that the sugar in the banana will cause them to dump! But me, I can eat a whole one with no problems!

The Fluid goes down faster, so I know I could easily eat more Soup when I had just had Surgery. As far as the banana, it depends on how fast you eat, slower I eat, more I can eat. Measure out your meals, stick with it. Snacks in between your meals help curve your hunger. I was hungry all the time, but I followed the diet and as I could eat the more solid foods, I felt fuller more easily.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I've wondered the same thing, not because of food but mostly because I have NO issues drinking over the 64 oz of Water. I started drinking that on day 4 post op. I usually get to about 84 now.

I had a banana with some Peanut Butter on it and I got dizzy and sick! I've never been so relieved to feel so sick in my life! lol I guess everything's ok!

I too had same issue and grateful for it. I just means we are not as sensitive, and need to measure and eat the right amounts to satisfy, and not eat to the full feeling. Eating to the full feeling can be very painful and not good for the pouch long term if done too often. I had a revision and to this day have never felt "Full" and can eat anything, unlike many others.

The WLS is a tool only and we cannot depend on the pouch to control us, just use it the best we can.

Good luck in your journey of seeing what works best for you.

Please don't push your new pouch... you are pretty new out of surgery, and your nerves haven't healed enough to tell your brain that your pouch is full... bananas are full of sugar. Sure, you may not have dumped this time, and you many never, but it's not Protein forward. I understand that some doctors allow things like bananas, but I doubt he suggested a whole one.

Try things like cottage cheese, eggface's ricotta bake (google it), Oikos triple zero yogurt, hummus, mashed Beans.< /p>

Get your brain onboard with your new lifestyle changes, and it'll make it easier for you in the long run.

Please be careful. You could easily cause significant complications some life threatening. Just because you feel like you can eat alot doesn't mean you should. You'll cause a leak or obstruction. Don't test it. I'm sure surgery was done properly. It'll work if you work with it. Follow your plan - including portion sizes - it's dangerous not to.

I've wondered the same thing, not because of food but mostly because I have NO issues drinking over the 64 oz of Water. I started drinking that on day 4 post op. I usually get to about 84 now.

Nothing wrong with that. Fluid goes right through. It's great you're able to get alot in.

I know some programs allow Soups and other stuff but my surgeon only allows Protein, and after 4 weeks I could add veggies-but I'm focused on just getting my Protein in and I just had my 3 month follow up. I am still not hungry so how far post surgery are you?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Only 2 weeks. And I've only lost 12 pounds

Only 2 weeks. And I've only lost 12 pounds

12 lbs is great! 6lbs a week... multiply that by 12 wks!!! See...it doesn't happen overnight, we have to work for it. Like I've heard a million times...this is a tool. Not a miracle. Follow the guidelines and you'll get to where you want to be.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

When I hit the stall is when I'm gonna break out my tape measure and see how much I've lost in inches! =D