Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoughts on Reaching Goal and the Road Ahead

Well gang,

I never thought a year ago that I would reach my goal or surpass it but Aug 31 was my bandiversary and I'm below my original goal. I feel more energetic and I can do more things plus I love to shop in "normal" stores. My family and friends are so proud of me (those who I shared with). I feel fantastic. The support I received was the key to my success. When I hit a plateau, my friends offered encouragement. When I was sick my family nursed me back to health. When I faced the unknown this site was there to answer my questions. I've made some great friendships and met wonderful people on my journey.

This is indeed a change of lifestyle. I love the band and the opportunities it has given me. It helped police my food cravings and has proven to be a wonderful tool. It stops me from over eating which has been my problem since I was young. I've learned better food choices and I don't ignore my cravings - just limit them. It is a tool and you have to learn how to use it to get the desired results. Each journey is unique.

But it is a continuous journey and I know I will have to be vigilent. It seems that once we reach a certain place in this journey, busy lives take over and sometimes we think we stumble but I believe it's learning to listen to our bodies and know when to stop. It took a year to lose over 100 lbs and it certainly doesn't take long to gain any of them back. I'm looking forward to the next years with excitement knowing that I will be around for my kids and grand kids because of an increased healthy lifestyle.

I often "lurk" on the site and occasionally add my "two cents worth". Keep your goals manageable and in small increments and you will succeed. Good luck and thanks for all the encouragement over the last year.

Hugs,:clap2::whoo:

Congrats angel, we're all proud of you and I definitely will keep an eye out for when you post your 2 cents, and you do the same for me ;)

Take care,

Mandi

Mandi,

You're almost there! Way to go girl. I bet you're feeling on top of the world. Thanks for the kudos!

Loriely,

Thanks. You've been an inspiration - and your advice has kept me on track. I bet you're feeliing fantastic right about now! Good luck and be sure to stay in touch.

Hugs, HAPPY LONG WEEKEND

Thanks. When I started out I never thought I would feel this wonderful. You are in a great club! Staying focused is half the battle. Have a great autumn - best time of the year - cooler and lots of new things to try and do!

Way to go Bear, you have done fabulously.... hopefully I will be in the 100# gone catagory next August too...

Thanks Peaches.

You'll do great - August is a long ways away and you've done very well so far. Now you have some restriction you'll notice more coming off.

:clap2: You should be proud of yourself!

You are quite an inspiration, reading your post is exactly what I needed today. My surgery is in 14 days, and I must say that, some days (today was one of them) I get scared.

Thank you, and keep up the good work, as well as posting your 2 cents.

:clap2: You should be proud of yourself!

You are quite an inspiration, reading your post is exactly what I needed today. My surgery is in 14 days, and I must say that, some days (today was one of them) I get scared.

Thank you, and keep up the good work, as well as posting your 2 cents.

Why did you decide to go all the way to Mexico??? just noisy

Why did you decide to go all the way to Mexico??? just noisy

Well Peaches,

When I first started to do my research on the procedure, I didn't even know Mexico was an option. I was looking at T.O. or MTL.

With my financial situation, financing wasn't an option, so I would have had to save my $ for 2 more years to come up with the 16K-17K.

Then I saw alot of postings on this Forum, as wel as on ObesityHelp .com about the Mexican option. I then concentrated on researching Mexican clinics and spoke to a couple Banded in Mexico and I'm convinced that the quality of care I will be getting by Dr. Gonzalez is equal, if not superior as what I would get here in Canada. BUT... the price!!! 10K less then in Canada. So now, I don't have to wait another two years and I have found to options for aftercare/fills in the area.

I'm still scared about the whole thing, but not because I'm going to Mexico... The adventure itself is quite scary, especially as my date is getting closer!

Well Peaches,

When I first started to do my research on the procedure, I didn't even know Mexico was an option. I was looking at T.O. or MTL.

With my financial situation, financing wasn't an option, so I would have had to save my $ for 2 more years to come up with the 16K-17K.

Then I saw alot of postings on this Forum, as wel as on ObesityHelp .com about the Mexican option. I then concentrated on researching Mexican clinics and spoke to a couple Banded in Mexico and I'm convinced that the quality of care I will be getting by Dr. Gonzalez is equal, if not superior as what I would get here in Canada. BUT... the price!!! 10K less then in Canada. So now, I don't have to wait another two years and I have found to options for aftercare/fills in the area.

I'm still scared about the whole thing, but not because I'm going to Mexico... The adventure itself is quite scary, especially as my date is getting closer!

I think that is just GREAT! I have read many posts that reflect possitive experiences about Dr. G. and I also have a personal friend who is a GP in Toronto. SHe went to Mexico for a BOOB job, eye lift and lypo... she also saved a ton of money... She was very impressed with the medical attention she got there... so that is a great recommendation.

And you also have someone local to do Fills??? WOW you lucked out for sure.

You'll be able to spend the 'saved' money on your new Wardrobe!!!

I am excited for you - 14 days away.. I remember how excited I was ... I have NOT regretted a moment of it... the hardest part for me was the clear liquid diet for four days post op... once I was on milkshakes(protien shakes that is) I was o.k. with that...

Best of luck and let us Canucks know how you are doing!

;)

Thanks for your encouragement Peaches, I'll definitely write about my experience when I get back!

Hearing that a Canadian GP goes to Mex for surgery is even more reassurance!

Later!

Hi Frenchie,

Some days are pretty scary and then others are over flowing with joy - at the new abilities and the joy of having an abundance of energy. I think the roller coaster of emotions is normal for anyones life let alone for us struggling with food issues. I'm an emotional eater and I had to learn to channel my emotions into other things rather than the sweets. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling fantastic and thanks for the Kudos. We all need praise to keep going.

You'll do great on your journey. Positive attitude and reward yourself as you meet your smaller goals - it's worth it!

Hugs - have a great weekend!