Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers!

2 weeks post op report. I feel fortunate that I did not have the problems that some are reporting. I was sore in my abdomen for about 3 days but that subsided. Did not need pain meds. Had some discomfort in my thorax but I think that was due to the gas used in surgery but it was not severe. I did have a lot of gas in my lower bowels for about 10 days. (My grandsons would have been proud!) The gas usually occurred after consuming a shake or broth. No gas issues now. On day 4 post op I bent over to look out a window and my lower back seized up. Nothing new. Usually happens about once a year. I stayed in bed for 3 days with lists of pain so I couldn't walk and it was difficult to get the fluids I but I did it. I talked to my surgeon and she suggested I go to ER. I did, it was muscular as I expected, they gave me a shot of muscle relaxer in my lower back plus a hydrocodone pill and by the next morning the pain was almost gone. Since then I have been taking muscle relaxers. Actually the back problem were much much worse than the post surgery issues. My orthopedic doc always tells me to lose a hundred pounds and I probably will not have such issues with my back. Well, since Sept 5 when I started the pre-op liquid diet, I have lost 32 pounds. So 32 pounds in almost 30 days is fine with me. I know all this is probably more than you wanted to know but I read about some of you that have medical problems not related to the surgery and I guess my message to you is hang in there, deal with it as best you can, keep your doctor advised then it should get better in time. I start the soft foods diet tomorrow and I am ready. I plan on having some cream of wheat then meat loaf and mashed potatoes as my meals tomorrow. I can say this, when in the pre surgery mode I could have a bowl and a half (maybe 2 bowls) of broth before feeling full. Now, about 2/3 of a bowl and I am stuffed so I guess the "sleeve" is working as intended. I'm looking forward to regaining some strength overall but I'm not complying. Will try to resume walking tomorrow. Well, this is probably more than you wanted to know but it's been my experience. I'll be happy to answer questions if you have any! God bless all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Anyone struggling with hunger? As in, being non existent? I'm cleared for soft foods/mushies and I'm struggling to get it in.

One egg scrambled with a bit of cheese, takes me about an hour. I know it's supposed to be 20 minutes with no grazing, but I have to in order to get anything in.

I hit fluid goals (finally) but not Protein and am nowhere near my 800 calorie goal. I've hit the 3 week stall as well, if that makes a difference. I just can't get enough in because I have 0 interest in food.

2 weeks post op report. I feel fortunate that I did not have the problems that some are reporting. I was sore in my abdomen for about 3 days but that subsided. Did not need pain meds. Had some discomfort in my thorax but I think that was due to the gas used in surgery but it was not severe. I did have a lot of gas in my lower bowels for about 10 days. (My grandsons would have been proud!) The gas usually occurred after consuming a shake or broth. No gas issues now. On day 4 post op I bent over to look out a window and my lower back seized up. Nothing new. Usually happens about once a year. I stayed in bed for 3 days with lists of pain so I couldn't walk and it was difficult to get the fluids I but I did it. I talked to my surgeon and she suggested I go to ER. I did, it was muscular as I expected, they gave me a shot of muscle relaxer in my lower back plus a hydrocodone pill and by the next morning the pain was almost gone. Since then I have been taking muscle relaxers. Actually the back problem were much much worse than the post surgery issues. My orthopedic doc always tells me to lose a hundred pounds and I probably will not have such issues with my back. Well, since Sept 5 when I started the pre-op liquid diet, I have lost 32 pounds. So 32 pounds in almost 30 days is fine with me. I know all this is probably more than you wanted to know but I read about some of you that have medical problems not related to the surgery and I guess my message to you is hang in there, deal with it as best you can, keep your doctor advised then it should get better in time. I start the soft foods diet tomorrow and I am ready. I plan on having some cream of wheat then meat loaf and mashed potatoes as my meals tomorrow. I can say this, when in the pre surgery mode I could have a bowl and a half (maybe 2 bowls) of broth before feeling full. Now, about 2/3 of a bowl and I am stuffed so I guess the "sleeve" is working as intended. I'm looking forward to regaining some strength overall but I'm not complying. Will try to resume walking tomorrow. Well, this is probably more than you wanted to know but it's been my experience. I'll be happy to answer questions if you have any! God bless all of you.

I've only had 2 bms since surgery. I expelled a lot of gas with them but no pain. They were mostly Fluid and didn't seem to be much in volume. No solid bms yet but I assume that will change on the puréed food diet.

just abit over 3 weeks since surgery and had lost 62 lbs im still haveing pain in my back and a little in chest area does anyone else expierence this pain if so let me know

Could still be gas pain. Are you moving around a lot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using the BariatricPal App

Day 5 Post Op and I feel almost back to 90% of normal. Yesterday I got around the house really well, took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and even drove to spend some time with my parents. Fluid intake has not been an issue for me and I feel fortunate to be able to take a pretty good sip. As of yesterday afternoon, the constant toilet trips have finally stopped and the intestinal rumbling seems to be coming to an end as perhaps my digestive track is getting used to the new system. I am also able to get up and down much easier and with less discomfort.

Two weird / cool things that happened, I had a bit of wet oatmeal and it was like heaven, never have I tasted anything so good, little cinnamon holy crap it was awesome. Also, I made a cup of coffee (I know, no caffeine, I'll buy Decaf today) after dinner last night and not sure what it was, but I have never felt caffeine like that, I was flying for 15 minutes, Finally, I was told to wait for my first post op to weight myself but I ended up jumping on the scale and I was down over 12# from my surgery date and 27# from the start of my preop diet 3 weeks ago. So far so good, I hope things continue to go well and feel very fortunate as I know some of you are struggling much more than me.

Today, we are cleaning out the closets of most of my fat clothes, leaving just enough to get me through the next few months. I'm never going back to this weight again. The other day I found a pair of 36 Billabong board shorts that I probably last wore when I was 21 and those are going to be my goal to get back into those by this time next year.

I was done on the 9th. Almost through the 2 weeks of clears. Bad issues with the head hunger. I have leftover Optifast in my fridge and that is looking tasty, lol. Hell, the cats wet, canned food is almost looking good (just kidding). I will start full liquid on Thursday. That means some shakes and other stuff with a little more substance.

My current worry is that I am supposed to have lunch with my mom tomorrow and the parents do not know I did this.Trust me, it's better this way. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through this. I'm in town for a job interview so maybe I can just get some Soup and pawn it off as nerves. There's also soft boiled eggs (she's got celiac so we usually do Breakfast places) but that's not exactly clear.

Ideas, anyone?

Hmm.. Soup is a good idea. It's hard especially this early in the game since we are so restricted. Will you still be on clears? Maybe just sip tea and tell her you don't feel well because of nerves. If your diet allows the eggs I would just go for it. It's so weird how every surgeon has a different diet to follow.

@@Smashley23 good advice. It is difficult to eat out with others who are unaware of your surgery. My hubby is the only one who knows about mine. Interview nerves sounds like a wonderful excuse. Good luck on your journey.

Sent from my XT1096 using the BariatricPal App

Sept. 12th here and lost 20 lbs. so far. Feeling pretty good. Happy I made the right decision for me.

I'm ready to see the results over this year. I'm on the puréed foods - ready to move on.

A couple of you asked about bm's. I'm two weeks post op and finally had a "solid" bm. I only had two in the previous week and they were mostly Fluid like with s lot of gas. I had bought some stool softener anticipating getting constipated but didn't need it after all. Generally, things are progressing quite well. I'm having meat loaf (turkey) and mashed potatoes for supper. That will be my first real food in over a month! I'm anxious to see how I react to it. Hang in there, it does get better!

Hi guys...went to doctor today....im now 217.6 lbs and ive been promoted to pureed foods....yayyyyy!!!!!!

Hey Sept. Sleevers. 9/29 here......I was supposed to have my 1 week follow up today but it was cancelled due to the hurricane :(. 1 week out I feel great, can jump out of bed, and have no problems drinking my liquids. According to my wife I'm drinking too fast. I can sip away a 11oz Protein shake container in 20-30 minutes. Same goes for Water. I was hoping to ask the Dr but it'll have to wait. Anyways, stay tuned the scale will be coming out after I post this for my own 1 week weigh in. I've already noticed my tight clothes are getting loose

Edited by migalo

Rough day for me guys...got into huge political fight with a member of my family which then proceeded into insults and name calling by said family member...i so wanted to eat something really bad, but i didn't...i feel guilty just cuz i even thought about it....ugh

Rough day for me guys...got into huge political fight with a member of my family which then proceeded into insults and name calling by said family member...i so wanted to eat something really bad, but i didn't...i feel guilty just cuz i even thought about it....ugh

I so hear you! I have family members who I do not see eye to eye with concerning politics. I'm really into politics, and I'm glad that I had my revision because I'm here a lot during my free time instead of Twitter. Lol good girl for not eating over it :).

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App