Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers!

It's really crazy and frustrating to see how different every program is out there. My program was very strict about the two week liquid diet, yet they scheduled my start meeting about a week and a half before the surgery. That makes no sense.

Also, all of my guidance and documentation seems to be catered to gastric bypass, even though I'm having the gastric sleeve operation. It just seems like my hospital is a little unorganized...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

Research has shown that being on a liquid diet helps with preparing the liver for the surgery. The liver has to be moved to get to the stomach, by it being empty, it reduces in size and makes the surgery easier and faster.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi! I'm Nicole from CA. I had surgery on 9/13 and have already lost a whopping 20 pounds since! I super excited, but am really struggling with head hunger. Currently I am craving Taiwanese rice from Dai Bai Dang. It's all I want. I'm scared come next week I'm going to give it a try...I really don't want to blow this but I

miss carbs!! Damnit

Hi! I'm Nicole from CA. I had surgery on 9/13 and have already lost a whopping 20 pounds since! I super excited, but am really struggling with head hunger. Currently I am craving Taiwanese rice from Dai Bai Dang. It's all I want. I'm scared come next week I'm going to give it a try...I really don't want to blow this but I

miss carbs!! Damnit

Hey Nicole...ive been doing the extremely low carb diet since March 17th when i was 301 lbs....i was sleeved on September 12th...i now weigh 222 lbs...i know eating low carbs is very hsrd, but you can do it!! I believe in you!!! Stay strong!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

miss carbs!! Damnit

It sounds like you are having great results! I know it's hard but, worth it. Just remember eating foods not on your diet can hurt your new stomach. I've been craving salad of all things. I'm convinced my surgeon played some kind of subliminal messages while I was under.

I feel like I need to increase my calories because I'm barely hitting 400 per day. I'm only having Water and Protein shakes. I think if I bump it up I will loose more. I'm moving on to puréed and in the transition phase. I bought pumpkin pie Greek yogurt and thinned it out. It was wonderful! Lol.

Just remember it's only temporary. Those carbs will be there when you are at goal.

Sleeved 9/6/16

My problem at first was the powdered Vitamins. I found I could mix them with light Welch's grape drink and get them down without nausea if I only took 1/2 scoop at a time. Of 20 nausea pills I was prescribed, I've taken 13. I have not experienced nausea in a few days and I think it's over. I've felt great and incisions are healing nicely. I go for my first post op visit today and I'm excited to see how much I've lost. I am able to drink well and I especially like the caramel Premier Protein drinks. When I get my carbs in, my go to is filtered Water. I am eager to move on to the phase 2 in the next 2 wks. The wk. after surgery, my sister was in ICU and was so sick. I've been going to the hospital every day. I couldn't use the medicine cups to measure but was able to drink and complete the 12 ounces of liquids pre measured in bottles. What I thought would be hard, was very manageable. My sister was finally moved to a room last night. I got some much needed rest yesterday. Thank God I have had no complications that a nausea pill couldn't solve. I am so thankful that I was able to be there for my sister as her husband died 5 years ago. Thanks for all your comments. I did not tell many people that I was having surgery, but I have begun to open up more now. I am so glad I did. I only lost 6.2 lbs. on pre op diet and I was compliant. I hope this is not an indication of my weight loss post op. Good luck to everyone.

Sleeves 9/2 no issues really. Went home an hour after I woke up. Slept that day and the next. Walked around the mall on the 3rd and have been fine, no complaints except the pooping situation.

My doc only had us on liquids for the first week. I haven't lost any weight from day 9 till day 20, so I guess a stall. People keep saying it's normal.

Hey September sleevers ^^

Had a 9/2/2016 band to sleeve revision. Other than the first day, it's been a good recovery. It's a totally different feeling than the band which I had for like 8 years, so it's going to take some getting used to but no complaints so far.

miss carbs!! Damnit

Hey Nicole...ive been doing the extremely low carb diet since March 17th when i was 301 lbs....i was sleeved on September 12th...i now weigh 222 lbs...i know eating low carbs is very hsrd, but you can do it!! I believe in you!!! Stay strong!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Wow! You go girl!!! That is absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for your encouragement

Having my surgery on Wed 9/28 it is very helpful to hear all of your experiences. Only taking 1 week off of work, hope I feel good enough to go back.

I hear everyone is different. I only expected to be out of work a week. I teach at a university and figured that I could hang for a few classes a day. I couldn't do it. Even though I constantly kept hydrated I was feeling faint walking across campus. My dr advised to to take another week. I sort of listened to him. I stayed out 4 more days. Today was my first day back. And it was a much better experience. I did have to mix some G2 with Water (Dr's orders) and I made it through the entire day with energy to spare. Hopefully one week will be all you need, but prepare for two so you won't be too disappointed. Best of luck!!!

I was sleeved on 9/12 and have lost 10 pounds. I was a little discouraged by the number but my BMI is 38. The first day post op was painful (gas) but walking really helped. I encourage anyone experience this to take short walks and it will elevate the pain. I had my one week appointment last week and it went well. Only issue was that my Vitamin d level was 22.

I was advanced to puréed food but still drink at least one Protein shake a day. I did try the Isopure zero carb Water this week. Has anyone tried this? It has 40 grams of Protein in a 20 ounce bottle. I purchased the grape flavor (a bit chalky) but not bad. I'm also getting about 40-50 ounces of Water per day and up to 4K steps. I'm working on increasing the steps over the next couple of weeks. No pain from surgery but I do get fatigued fairly quickly. Good luck to all the September sleepers. We can do this!