Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers!

I was done on the 9th. Almost through the 2 weeks of clears. Bad issues with the head hunger. I have leftover Optifast in my fridge and that is looking tasty, lol. Hell, the cats wet, canned food is almost looking good (just kidding). I will start full liquid on Thursday. That means some shakes and other stuff with a little more substance.

My current worry is that I am supposed to have lunch with my mom tomorrow and the parents do not know I did this.Trust me, it's better this way. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through this. I'm in town for a job interview so maybe I can just get some Soup and pawn it off as nerves. There's also soft boiled eggs (she's got celiac so we usually do Breakfast places) but that's not exactly clear.

Ideas, anyone?

Hmm.. Soup is a good idea. It's hard especially this early in the game since we are so restricted. Will you still be on clears? Maybe just sip tea and tell her you don't feel well because of nerves. If your diet allows the eggs I would just go for it. It's so weird how every surgeon has a different diet to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was done on the 9th. Almost through the 2 weeks of clears. Bad issues with the head hunger. I have leftover Optifast in my fridge and that is looking tasty, lol. Hell, the cats wet, canned food is almost looking good (just kidding). I will start full liquid on Thursday. That means some shakes and other stuff with a little more substance.

My current worry is that I am supposed to have lunch with my mom tomorrow and the parents do not know I did this.Trust me, it's better this way. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through this. I'm in town for a job interview so maybe I can just get some Soup and pawn it off as nerves. There's also soft boiled eggs (she's got celiac so we usually do Breakfast places) but that's not exactly clear.

Ideas, anyone?

Hmm.. soup is a good idea. It's hard especially this early in the game since we are so restricted. Will you still be on clears? Maybe just sip tea and tell her you don't feel well because of nerves. If your diet allows the eggs I would just go for it. It's so weird how every surgeon has a different diet to follow.

It is so weird. Mine was liquid only 2 weeks pre-op and Clear liquids 2 weeks after. Then, full liquids for another week! I also had a 41 BMI, some of his patients have to do 6 weeks pre-op!

I was sleeved 9/12/16. So far I'm managing to keep everything down. My only problem is that I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Not too sure if that's normal or not but I do know that it's annoying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on 9/14/16 and I'm in a lot of pain too. My belly is very sore.

I was sleeved 9/12/16. So far I'm managing to keep everything down. My only problem is that I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Not too sure if that's normal or not but I do know that it's annoying.

I had pain pretty regularly for the first week at least. I made sure I took my pain meds to sleep and it seemed to help. Is it your incisions or just your belly in general?

I feel severly full and on the verge of vomiting by the end of the day (11pm here). I got in maybe half my Water, half a Protein shake, and 3 small bites of Jello. This is my best day yet. With surgery 4 days ago, how long until the bloating and complete fullness go away?

I'm taking tiny sips and walking. I also try to stretch my torso side to side, etc to loosen things up. I take a lot of pills and I think they're taking up all the room.

I am so thirsty. ????

I had pain pretty regularly for the first week at least. I made sure I took my pain meds to sleep and it seemed to help. Is it your incisions or just your belly in general?

Both. Mainly the incisions.

Hi everyone! I was sleeved on 9/8. Doing liquids still but really have no issues with Protein or fluids. Been having the Orgain Organic Protein shakes from Whole Foods, 25 grams each and Isopure liquid Protein in between. I also use BariWise Protein mix which you add to Water. Those are 15 grams for 70 calories and taste great, come in many flavors. They help with both your Fluid intake and your Proteins. I also do the cream Soups but put them through the strainer and of course chicken broth. There is also a liquid Dannon Greek Yogurt that has 10 grams of protein that comes in a few flavors. It has no pieces and no added sugar. It's really not bad. Hope this helps. I am down 19 lbs but that includes weight lost during the week of

Pre-Op liquids.

Edited by lizardqueen

So ingot chopped on the 14th. I've been averaging 85oz of liquids and 75g of Protein via shakes. I've also been walking in chunks around the neighborhood and find myself racking up about 2 miles a day.

That being said, I was in a lot of abdominal discomfort. I thought it was the CO2 they pumped me full of, but I hadn't had a "movement" since the night before surgery.

5 days.

I hit up Amazon Prime Now for some broths and some Miralax. One dose, 4 hours, and I was a new man. I feel fantastic...

And every morning I see a lower number in the scale. Every morning.

40 years of being obese and I can't wait to see where I am in 6 months, 12 months, etc. I can actually see a future where I'm not handicapped by my weight. It's... Man... Yeah it's dusty in here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Having surgery on the 27th. Glad you all shared. Keep up the good work. We all can get through this. On liquid diet now, only 2 days in horrible headache, didn't think have one as gave up caffeine about a month ago, but here it is. Hopefully the Tylenol will help.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Having surgery on the 27th. Glad you all shared. Keep up the good work. We all can get through this. On liquid diet now, only 2 days in horrible headache, didn't think have one as gave up caffeine about a month ago, but here it is. Hopefully the Tylenol will help.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Best of luck with your liquids! If your surgeon allows, the cucumber slices really helped me.