Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers!

Hello all,

I wanted to make a separate thread for all of the September sleevers to post updates and share tips. Of course any and everybody is welcome!

I am 13 days post op and feeling great. Still on liquids, so my diet is mostly Water and Protein shakes. I'm not feeling hungry at all, and "head hunger" only lasted a few days. Tonight was the first night I have seen my close friends since surgery and everyone was betting on how much I've lost. It made me feel good and gave me a spring in my step. I haven't weighed myself and I'm waiting to see how much I've lost since surgery for my first post op visit on Monday. I can't wait to see who was closest.

The only downside is I've developed a cold. It's irritating but I'm managing. All of the coughing has me a little concerned that I will pop a staple or something. I spoke to my surgeons PA and she was not concerned about that occurring. I'm on the upswing and expect the cold to be out of my system in a day or so.

How is everyone else doing? I hope everyone is healing and resting.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey! Glad to hear you're doing so well. I couldn't imagine having a cold right after the surgery.

I had my surgery on Monday and so far so good. I'm struggling to get through Protein shakes, but I do it if I just sip for a very long time. I've also had a lot of milk, and am mixing ricotta cheese with Tomato sauce and heating it up (suggestion from my nutritionist). I do have a scale and am down 14lbs. Kind of concerned this is too much too fast..

Sleeved 9/12/16

September Sleevers rep'sent!
;)

My only complaint is that I wish my body would get on board with my desire to purge some poop. Oof... that sucks a lot!

Sounds like you are progressing nicely except for the cold. You're almost over the two week post surgery hump and can begin soft foods! My surgery is tomorrow so I appreciate hearing about your success. Let's stay in touch!

I had it on 9/13. Water and Crystal Light through yesterday. Today I start 3 shakes a day. I stay on that for 2 weeks. I can sub Protein Soup for a couple but I have to get them. Its amazing how different it is from practice to practice on what we can eat and drink in the same time period. I've been very lighted and feeling weak so yesterday I added 2 shakes. Hope everyone is well.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

I was done on the 9th. Almost through the 2 weeks of clears. Bad issues with the head hunger. I have leftover Optifast in my fridge and that is looking tasty, lol. Hell, the cats wet, canned food is almost looking good (just kidding). I will start full liquid on Thursday. That means some shakes and other stuff with a little more substance.

My current worry is that I am supposed to have lunch with my mom tomorrow and the parents do not know I did this.Trust me, it's better this way. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through this. I'm in town for a job interview so maybe I can just get some Soup and pawn it off as nerves. There's also soft boiled eggs (she's got celiac so we usually do Breakfast places) but that's not exactly clear.

Ideas, anyone?

I was sleeved 9/12/16. So far I'm managing to keep everything down. My only problem is that I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Not too sure if that's normal or not but I do know that it's annoying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Hey everyone ! Sleeved on the 6th. So far so good. Into the puréed phase so I'm happy. Able to drink and tolerate things really well. So far favorite by far is cream of chicken Soup. Keep up the great work everyone!! We got this!

Hey! Glad to hear you're doing so well. I couldn't imagine having a cold right after the surgery.

I had my surgery on Monday and so far so good. I'm struggling to get through Protein shakes, but I do it if I just sip for a very long time. I've also had a lot of milk, and am mixing ricotta cheese with Tomato sauce and heating it up (suggestion from my nutritionist). I do have a scale and am down 14lbs. Kind of concerned this is too much too fast..

Sleeved 9/12/16

Sounds like you are doing well. It took me about 4 days to be able to get a whole shake down in a reasonable time. I started pouring 4 oz into a cup and keeping the rest cold and drinking that every few hours. Now I can tolerate two in one day.

I think 14 lbs could be some Water weight also. I know I was pumped with IV fluids until i was walking out the door(3days). I have to go buy a scale soon. Any suggestions? I just have avoided it because I didn't want to obsess over not loosing in what I feel like is fast enough during my 6 weeks off work. I can get a bit obsessive..

i had my surgery done on the 7th of september i was weighed on 14th and had lost 31lbs the doc said that all Water weight and not to be alarmed i do know that i retain lots of Water but i not sure if i should be dropping lbs like that

Oh wow! That's a lot of weight. It's a good thing I'm sure. Do you feel a difference?

September Sleevers rep'sent!

;)

My only complaint is that I wish my body would get on board with my desire to purge some poop. Oof... that sucks a lot!

Haha.. it does suck. Have you tried anything?

Colace lbut not getting any relief so I'm heading out for Milk of Mag or Miarlax. That's the vast majority of my discomfort.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App