Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else feel like they are starving?

Ah and another suggestion is get a tub of Miso Soup base (I get mine from Amazon or the local Asian grocery store). It tastes waaay better than regular chicken broth... I dunno, maybe I'm bias because I'm asian pacific islander but it's far more tastier, and it's really healthy. There is an organic red miso paste on Amazon that I highly recommend, there is also a white miso paste.

I needed variety at the early stages because otherwise, I'd go crazy. o.O

So funny that you mentioned this. I've already been making the miso broth. I'm going to check Amazon for the red miso paste and give that a try. :) Being married to a Filipino for 20 plus years I would go crazy without some sort of Asian based soup. I have made a couple of his favorite tamarind based soup dishes (broth only for me) and it's helping a bit. Also I have individual servings of hot and sour soup made by Mishima. I just have to strain the goodies out, but it does seem to help with the head hunger. Does the sodium have any negative effect on you? I would think all the Water we consume would just flush it out. Going to try creamed Soups next as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

hehe cool. I love a good sinigang soup :P. It's actually my favorite soup of all time!

Re: Sodium

I track the sodium in my fitday.com and the miso soup isn't too salty at all. With one soup a day, I rarely even hit 100% RDA daily sodium. Like you said, we drink a lot a lot of Water so that should also offset it as well. No longer do we consume tons of salt through chips (cry lol) and all those salty goodies.

Also, since most of us are low carbers (at least during the liquid phases), the higher salt is actually a good thing since low-carb diets lower insulin levels, it forces our kidneys to excrete excess sodium and if you don't intake enough, you can get a sodium deficiency.

https://authoritynutrition.com/5-most-common-low-carb-mistakes/

lol I actually typed sinigang, but changed it to tamarind because not a lot of people know what sinigang is. I'm currently in the process of making nilagang baka right now. Hehehe

Is Fit Day like My Fitness Pal? That's the app I use. I'm also at the point where I can't even watch regular television. I can't stand all of the food commercials. They are non-stop! Needless to say, I'm finally getting my money's worth from Netflix. Ha!

Ah and another suggestion is get a tub of Miso Soup base (I get mine from Amazon or the local Asian grocery store). It tastes waaay better than regular chicken broth... I dunno, maybe I'm bias because I'm asian pacific islander but it's far more tastier, and it's really healthy. There is an organic red miso paste on Amazon that I highly recommend, there is also a white miso paste.

So funny that you mentioned this. I've already been making the miso broth. I'm going to check Amazon for the red miso paste and give that a try. :) Being married to a Filipino for 20 plus years I would go crazy without some sort of Asian based soup. I have made a couple of his favorite tamarind based soup dishes (broth only for me) and it's helping a bit. Also I have individual servings of hot and sour soup made by Mishima. I just have to strain the goodies out, but it does seem to help with the head hunger. Does the sodium have any negative effect on you? I would think all the Water we consume would just flush it out. Going to try creamed Soups next as mentioned above.

hehe cool. I love a good sinigang soup :P. It's actually my favorite soup of all time!

I track the sodium in my fitday.com and the miso soup isn't too salty at all. With one soup a day, I rarely even hit 100% RDA daily sodium. Like you said, we drink a lot a lot of Water so that should also offset it as well. No longer do we consume tons of salt through chips (cry lol) and all those salty goodies.

Also, since most of us are low carbers (at least during the liquid phases), the higher salt is actually a good thing since low-carb diets lower insulin levels, it forces our kidneys to excrete excess sodium and if you don't intake enough, you can get a sodium deficiency.

lol I actually typed sinigang, but changed it to tamarind because not a lot of people know what sinigang is. I'm currently in the process of making nilagang baka right now. Hehehe

Is Fit Day like My Fitness Pal? That's the app I use. I'm also at the point where I can't even watch regular television. I can't stand all of the food commercials. They are non-stop! Needless to say, I'm finally getting my money's worth from Netflix. Ha!

Hehe. I've been using fitday for more than 10 years, it's why I don't change, all my stats/history/graphs are there. I don't think they have a great so app yet like fitnesspal does, so unfortunately one has to use it on your laptop instead. I like it because of the stats and graphs... Etc. If you want to check it out, it's fitday.com, and it's free but not sure if it's superior to anything out there these days to be honest. :)

I saw your other question about creamed soups. I don't know, you can ask your doctor but the majority of liquid post op diets allow them. ^^

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I'm so happy to see this post. I'm feeling the same way after being sleeved on 9/7. Fortunately, I can still have Protein shakes but the rest is liquid until 9/28. I'm really getting tired of store bought broth, I'm definitely going to try the homemade this week.

I'm so happy to see this post. I'm feeling the same way after being sleeved on 9/7. Fortunately, I can still have Protein shakes but the rest is liquid until 9/28. I'm really getting tired of store bought broth, I'm definitely going to try the homemade this week.

Congratulations! You are 5 days ahead of me. There are several great suggestions above. There's no way I would have be able to stick with just store bought broth either. These are the moments when the creative side of our minds are put to work. ;)

Hehe. I've been using fitday for more than 10 years, it's why I don't change, all my stats/history/graphs are there. I don't think they have a great so app yet like fitnesspal does, so unfortunately one has to use it on your laptop instead. I like it because of the stats and graphs... Etc. If you want to check it out, it's fitday.com, and it's free but not sure if it's superior to anything out there these days to be honest. :)

I saw your other question about creamed soups. I don't know, you can ask your doctor but the majority of liquid post op diets allow them. ^^

I will check it out. Thanks a bunch and it was nice chatting with you!

Our local Safeway stores have hot Soups. I went down there and ladled out the broth from their "chunky chicken noodle" by the time that I was done it was super chunky! I would grin from ear to ear thinking about the next person going "what the heck happened to the Soup? ".

Our local Safeway stores have hot Soups. I went down there and ladled out the broth from their "chunky chicken noodle" by the time that I was done it was super chunky! I would grin from ear to ear thinking about the next person going "what the heck happened to the Soup? ".

This is actually pretty genius!! LOL

I put it in a travel coffee mug from a local coffee company and sipped away everywhere I went. I just looked like an everyday coffee freak out on the town.

I put it in a travel coffee mug from a local coffee company and sipped away everywhere I went. I just looked like an everyday coffee freak out on the town.

This is a great idea. You can bet I'm doing this next time I'm at Stator Bros! Hehe

haha omgosh I did that at a All you can eat buffet, I had to attend (work meeting). They had 4 types of soups, and I couldn't eat or drink anything else there, so I kept going back up taking all the broth of the 4 pots.

This is actually pretty genius!! LOL

This is a great idea. You can bet I'm doing this next time I'm at Stator Bros! Hehe

I have my moments of genius!

I get Campbell's Soup and filter them through a strainer. If it weren't for those, I wouldn't eat because I don't like much of what is on my menu, being barely 2 weeks out. My husband made pancakes for our 9 year old son this morning and I had to leave the kitchen.

I used to be able to eat an entire batch all on my own.

I know the feeling. I've been practically living in my bedroom far away from the kitchen. lol

Me too! It makes me feel a little sad to be to be so separate from my husband and son as they make sourdough toast and slather butter and jam on it, but what else can I do? I high tail it out if the kitchen and into my bedroom SO fast. At this point I would literally die if I tried to eat it anyway but I don't even want to be around it.

My thoughts on the not being able to have something is that it is like going to a strip club.

No matter how much ya wanna, ya ain't gonna get any!

For the record I've only spent 2 nights in strip clubs and both of those were for bachelor parties. I had no problems leaving there and I had no problems cooking for a bunch of family and friends the weekend after my surgery.

2016-09-04%2022.23.27_zpsymyxlw90.jpg

That is blackberry bbq chicken boobies, bacon wrapped mushroom, onion, garlic and parsley stuffed chicken thighs in my smoker, that is cauliflower mash with potatoe skins stolen from my mother in law, asparagus, broccoli balls and not pictured on the table was a nice salad.

You are a lifesaver!!! I just had some Campbell's cream of potato soup. (Probably not the best choice lol) Instead of using the 1 cup of milk, I used water. I actually used a little more than a can of water. Sure it wasn't "as" thick but still perfect texture after I put it through the strainer. OH I also got a can of Campbell's cheddar soup and put a tiny scoop of the cheddar (straight out of the can) into the cooking cream of potato soup. It was delicious and highly filling.

The World According to Eggface and Bariatric Foodie have some great recipes that can carry you through all stages of the post-op diet! They are real lifesavers :D