Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost and confused

My surgery was 8/22/16 I am on puree stage right now for another week. I see all these people on the Facebook group that is around my time and they say they can eat like 3 to 5 bites and be full. Well I take probably 10 so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my sleeve isn't as small or what. I am feeling a little lost and kinda scared that I'm going to mess this up. I am going to soft next so what r some things I can eat?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on 8/30 and am on pureed as well. My story and fears are almost identical and I'm not even as far out. Are you still losing? I'm eating comfortably and getting full but I can easily eat 4-6 ounces. Some of my staples are Premier Protein shakes (one alone and I make one mixed with a cup of coffee and put it over crushed ice and sip on it for a few hours), grits, sf pudding, strained chicken noodle Soup and that's about all. I've lost about 15 pounds but I do seem to be slowing down some now. (I was a low BMI to start).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

3 -5 bites could be anything. That is not a scientific measurement or something that is the same from person to person.

Everyone has a different capacity and that even varies day by day and with the moisture content of the food.

Just follow your plan and don't compare yourself to other people, you have no idea what they are actually doing, just what they are reporting.

I was sleeved on 8/19 and my Dr. let me transition directly from liquids to solid foods. It is totally different! Suddenly I went from not feeling like I could get enough to struggling through a few bites before feeling horribly full! It just depends on the density of the Protein. You are naturally going to be able to eat more soft, pureed foods. Also, just from reading these forums, I have learned that everyone's experience is different. Comparing yourself to others will only make you crazy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

@@mommaof5 Measure and stick with recommended amounts for foods. Some things go through the sleeve more quickly - allowing you to eat more.

Spot on!! Measure your foods and stick to your surgeons plan. And you'll be just fine! You never know what some people may have decided what a bite may be. I'm using baby silver wear and 6 bites isnt even putting a dent in my 1/4 cup serving. In my paperwork from the surgeon they actually had to put in there that you should not be blending ice cream with your Protein shakes. Really.... Come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The most important thing I learned was not to compare myself to others, what they eat and how much and how fast they lose. Everyone is different. I stayed on the mushy diet much longer than others. Solids were a very slow start. I couldn't eat salad until about 8 months. I couldn't eat broccoli until about 10 months and I still struggle with it. Some days a dense Protein (beef) is OK and other days I have to stick to chicken. Sometimes one egg is all I can eat and other days I can eat 2. If you eat a few bites of something and it makes you feel sick or nauseous just stop and try in again in a few days or weeks. Volume varies a lot too.

I'm 20 months out. Haven't lost all the weight I want to but I've not gained. Very happy about that.

It's been five months and I have only lost 36 pounds. I am wearing smaller clothes now but that's due to losing 100 pounds after having my daughter. I'm eating less but I'm not eating the right foods for the diet. I'm not exercising because of my knees. I'm so sad right now because the weight is not coming off like it should. What do I eat and drink to get my weight loss started again?

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 8/30 and am like you@@mommaof5 as I have no problem with liquids or eating soft foods. I do measure my foods and follow my surgeon's guidelines. I don't know whether to be scared or feel fortunate that I haven't had issues.

It's been five months and I have only lost 36 pounds. I am wearing smaller clothes now but that's due to losing 100 pounds after having my daughter. I'm eating less but I'm not eating the right foods for the diet. I'm not exercising because of my knees. I'm so sad right now because the weight is not coming off like it should. What do I eat and drink to get my weight loss started again?

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Go back to basics. Track everything you eat and drink. High Protein and low carb. If you aren't eating the appropriate foods - you aren't going to lose weight as you could if you followed your plan. No Pasta, bread, rice, sweets, potato chips, crackers, etc. Eat Protein and produce (protein first).

No soda or high calorie drinks!

Edited by KristenLe