Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op and curious

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on September 8th, so I am 3 days post op. I have very little pain, but the nausea is horrible. Is this normal? I also have been burping a lot, I can feel my stomach gurgle whenever I drink Water. I had a bad case of buyers remorse yesterday after they gave me beef broth for lunch and it was so horrible, even the thought of it right now makes me want to vomit. Thanks for any help.

Edited by singerbabe

@singlebabe

Yes it's all normal the first week or two but it gets better.

I had issues left and right in the beginning with Clear liquids. I found popsicles to be heaven.

I am almost at two months and sometimes still have issues with nausea. Talk to the doctor and they can prescribe meds oral or suppository. I found the suppository helped better for me and lasted longer.

Congratulations and good luck

Sent from my LG-H343 using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on Wed. Don't be a hero, get anti-nausea meds. They help. I've read on here acid in stomach and also cause nausea. If your doc prescribed Prilosec or the like be sure you're taking that too

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You might have gotten broth with no salt which is like a punishment!!! Try different brands. I always preferred the chicken broth as being more palatable. Popsicles, yes; but make sure they are the sugar free ones. You will always hear gurgling now! Get used to it. You'll be fine!! In time you'll probably have no regrets and wonder why you didn't do it sooner!!

It also feels like stuff is getting stuck in between my breasts if that makes since? Doesn't hurt but it really uncomfortable and makes it hard to consume anything. Anyone else have that?

I had my surgery on 9/8 also and I've definitely experienced the pain between the breasts when my gulps are too big or if i try to drink a cold beverage. I started on the Protein Shakes today and the challenge for me is that I like them cold. I move it around in my mouth a little before swallowing and it helps some.

The pain in your chest is truly from either drinking too fast or gulping. Sip slowly!

The nausea is normal and will get better with time as long as you stay hydrated. If you are at home and are not getting enough fluids this can become a problem very quickly for you and it can become dangerous. You will likely get nausea, dizzy or even hungry feeling. All from being dehydrated.

Oh and get used to your stomach talking to you because that will be there forever. I call mine the grouch pouch and she gets makes a lot of noise and yes, other people can hear it. LOL.

For me, it even gets louder when i drink milk based products.

While writing this i was drinking Water and she's grouching again. LOL!

Congratulations on getting through your surgery and I wish you the very best in your recovery, weight loss phase and maintenance! It all happens very fast!