Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy Family & Inlaw stories

*crazy family here*

ohhhh where to start...

i have a aunt an uncle who are total junkies. they are on methodone program but sell there methodone for street herion. they have been junkies for 20 years and dont know where we live. the aunt had to have a abortion at 7 MONTHS pregnant because the used heroine the whole pregnancy and the baby's spine was growing out of its body. that was not enough to sober her up.

my ex's father married his wifes sister after she died then 3 years later shot the sister (new wife) and is now in prison. after he shot her he drove to TN to OUR HOUSE (at the time). about 10 minutes after he got there the cops show up BANGING on the door. i tell them to hold on and let me put my dogs up (thank god they did because they would have shot them) anyhow they barge in, GUNS DRAWN and pointed at us...get on the ground or we'll shoot. they haul him off to jail

my ex's brother is a junkie who stole his dads car and drove it TN to our house. he shows up with no $$, no gas, his junkie girlfiend smelly kelly, no drugs. the no drugs part means they are getting sick from withdrawl. i let them stay overnight. all night i called and called, found them EACH a rehab and told them they could go to rehab or leave with no help from me. so they leave...no money no gas etc. they have to spare change at the gas station to get home.

ok i have to work now...i got more later

Momster's name is Liana Semper. We call her Screamata Temper. I laughed at the "special jacket." She's worn one before, but it's time she owns her own. But nobody wants her - she's famous in her small town for being the crazy lady. Cops stay away cause she's not hurting anyone. But I had to start this thread cause reading other stories makes me feel more normal knowing I'm not the only one with lunatics. Thanks everyone for being so nice. I guess I did turn out okay - but gosh, can anyone figure out why I turned to food for comfort?

I have a lot to be thankful for. She forced me into independence, so I tend to handle my black cloud pretty well.

WHOAAAAA,

These are some fantastic stories. I must have lived a boring life. I dont have anything to contribute. OH WAIT!!!

Here we go, when I was married to my first husband I went to a family reunion over his parents house. Well the woman across the back of the house said something to his mom about showing off and it was on. I have never seen anything like it. His mother snatched off her wig and went into the back of the house and the two women started to fight. I was tripping, I had never seen anything like it. Then his brother, sister and my ex started to fight this womans kids. It looked like some stuff on a TV show. I am an only child so I had no idea that folks really acted up like this. Needless to say this is probably why I am not in that family anymore!!!! And to date, my youngest daughter went to a reunion about a year ago with them and said mom guess what, they are still fighting. I laughed and said to myself some things never change!

OMG Tonya

I thought My husbands family was the only ones who did that. Last June we went down my Mother Inlaws house to visit and they started fighting over parking spaces and before I knew it they were brawling in the front yard. My husbands Mom and her 3 grown sons with each other then my Sister Inlaws joined in. I could not believe they were fist fighting with each other. Granted the police had to come and stop them and they all got tickets I got my husband to stop trying to seperate them cause my kids were watching this so I took them to the back yard when they were carrying on.

Needless to say they still are pretty mouthy with each other and you know certain hand gesters are still exchanged.

This is such a great thread! I've got some questionable genetics of my own, might as well air them here.

When I was two years old my grandmother tried to slit my throat. The knife was dull, she was ninety, and my mom intervened. For those reasons I am still alive today. My only memory of Grandma is her in the living room gesturing for me to come to her. The look of terror on Mom's face is unforgettable. That incident was the last straw in a string of events that had proven Grandma's cheese was slipping off her cracker.

First she ran off and told the neighbors that there were strangers living in the house (It was us, her family) Then she set her bed on fire because she was cold. Lastly she sold the four farms she owned that she rented out for income and converted it all to cash money. She hid the money in the large "tin can" between our house and the neighbor's. The large "tin can" was the burning barrell that every country house had in those days. My Father's large inheritance literally went up in smoke that day.

When my mother passed away all us kids were sitting in the funeral home for the viewing when a very strange lady walked in. She viewed my mother then went and talked to my dad. It was his first wife. He had a daughter by her but this woman was so whacky they put her in a home and she never saw her daughter. My sister came up to Dad after the whacky woman left and said "Was that my Mother?"

I have three brothers and one sister. We boys share a single mother, but each has a different father. My sister and I share a father, but have different mothers. So..... niether of my brothers has a sister, but I do. The brothers two fathers are also brothers, so they are brothers and cousins. Each of them can say "My Uncle is my Brother's Father."

We never get together, for holidays or for reunions or anything else. It's just too darned confusing.

Hmm.. sounds some of your folks may be kin to some of my folks... my story is so outrageous I could make millions on a book. Problem with that is that they'd say it was all fiction....

I got me some of those relatives too!! A sister that was a meth head, she had a little black ball that followed her around for awhile, she thought my mom and dad worked for the FBI or CIA and oh yeah the aliens had came and got her a few times. Well we believe the alien part, where is our sister and what did you do with her. She is off the drugs now but the effects are forever with her. Love her to death, but the drugs made her a different person.

Hubby had some too!! Brother drank himself to death sitting at the kitchen table in front of a heater. They didn't find him for days. PEEEEEWWWW oh sorry that was not nice. (Sorry Charley) but did you have to do in front of the heater.

Oh yeah and he has some of the inbreeding stuff going on in his family. Cousin's marrying cousin's.

Oh well you know what they say you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.

When I was two years old my grandmother tried to slit my throat

Whoa...these tales so sad and true are getting thick and hard,

so many sad, trying times those have gone through have shaped our lives,

the imprints they left on our minds

Makes one wonder how some of us came out of it alive, literally. Or how we were able to pull ourselves together and become respectable citizens. :D It also seems to be a very common thread in compulisive eating. Sometimes, those of us who were abused or lived in dysfunctional families either turn to alcohol, drugs or become overeaters. Some of us go through a procession of several of those things. My father was an abusive, brooding alcoholic, his father before him was too. Most of his brothers and sisters were alcoholics or staunch Christians. My mother's family had the same affliction. Both sides had histories of depression, anger issues, abuse, neglect. It just gets passed down and all around.

Studies have shown that daughters of alcoholics often become overeaters, sons are more likely to take the alcoholic role. In my case, I went through the partying stage, stayed thin, then stopped and went the way of overeating and depression. My sister turned out being the one unable to handle drinking, then moved on to much worse things. She's now a recovering( knock on wood) heroin addict. I can definitely relate to the 'who took my sister' statement. The person she was is definitely not the person we got back after the damage or during the nightmare. :) Thank God she's alive, there is still hope.

My father and mother were both married numerous times. Seems she had the pattern of marrying alcoholics and he moved on to other caretakers/enablers. None of them successful. Not a great legacy to try to follow, for sure.

I have 2 half brothers from my father's first marriage. The oldest died in 98 at 45, having fallen out the side of a van door while he and a bunch of partying friends were out driving and doing drugs/drinking. The other is still a barroom brawling son of a gun and probably doesn't have a great future ahead of him either. I also have a sister from this marriage who lives in Wisconsin with her 7 (SEVEN) kids and is a dope smokin old hippie who thinks she's still in the 70's. lol I met her for the first time when I was 26, the next time we saw each other was at our oldest brother's funeral. Her daughter was the spitting image of me. Pretty eery..

Then, I have a wonderful older brother who was my mother's first. We don't share the same father, but he's a keeper. Then there were 3 of us from the same father. Thankfully, we saw enough that we tried desperately to break some chains. My baby sister is working on perfecting some things, but she sure made some bad choices along the way.

Our family runs the gamut. There are those who worked hard, believed in responsibility and instilled a sense of 'rightness' in us. Thank goodness. Then there were those who just could not escape the alcohol and barroom brawls, prisons, yep, we even had a couple of murders on the outskirts. One cousins husband strangled her to death during a fight, then cut her head and hands off thinking he could dispose of her fingerprints. Then the fool drove her torso back to her home county and dumped her over a guard rail, I guess thinking the coyotes might get rid of the evidence? Instead a rancher passed by as he was disposing of the garbage bags and returned to check out what he seen as suspicious. Luckily, he got the license plates and that guy wasn't so smart after all. I hear he's living in Florida now, after spending 6 yrs in prison. Amazing...

Character building indeed...

When my older brother was 17, The Momster was in one of her usual rages. He'd had enough, so he grabbed her, picked her up, and put her outside. That was the day I realized he'd grown up and wasn't going to take her BS anymore. It was a very defining and triumphant moment. I always hated my abusive brother, but that day I thought he was so cool!

Our family never used fists but there was quite a bit of physical "pinning down" during insane blow ups. One time my brother used the hose and sprayed down all of them (Momster, her paranoid schizophrenic sister, and our 90 year-old uncle.) My older brother is just as screwed up with greed disorder (he stole everyone's inheritance and over a million in family property and is still under investigation.) My brother steals from his rich relatives, and then hoses them down.

My father's sister used S&H green stamps to mail her bills, and let the sinks and bathtubs overflow in her house a couple of times a month, so the utility companies routinely cut off her service. She wouldn't let the gas or Water men into the house because she said they would disturb the family of wolverines she claimed was living with her. And another close relative in LA believed that the Masons were conspiring against him by replacing his carpeting, tapping his phone, and circling his building. He refused to believe that the cars going around the block were just looking for a place to park.

I feel like I got off easy with just good old chronic depression.

With families like ours, who needs Jerry Springer? (We even have him in the mix, thanks to Lisa's story.)

I will tell you guys something but it must be in strictest confidence. They said they would come back and take me away for good if I every went public. Here it is: My family is all weird. Both my side and my wifes. Along with 98% of my former friends.

They all walked away from me shortly after I was abducted by Aliens. No-one would believe me about how they took me up from a country road and performed experiments on me and made me do all kinds of stuff. It was hell for the three yrs (alien time, actully about two minutes earth time) that I was gone. Missed everyone so much yet they all look at me like "I'M THE WIERD ONE" Geez. They have no idea. Anyway just in case you ever have a chance to met anyone in my family now you know why they are like they are.

"IT'S REALLY TOUGH BEING THE ONLY SANE ONE IN A FAMILY"

Greg, I hate to tell you this, but it's not a secret any more. I saw the movie. Some relative must have beat you to the punch and sold your story rights. I bet the $$ is sewn up in their mattress!