Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand Food Stages Lists Suggestions

Thank you so much for the listing of foods. Our nutritionists only give us so much info at a time and we have no idea when we can start solid food...even I'm not ready yet...it would be nice to have a projection of time.

Thanks, Nancy:thumbup:

AzAir;

The only thing I have in the morning is coffee, too, but I get 1/2 my day's Protein out of it! I make a huge (decaf) latte with 2 cups of sugar-free choclate soy milk (Soy Slender, WestSoy makes it), 14 grams protein 140 cals 2 grams carbs 2.5 fat and then I add 2 scoops of my soy Protein Powder (I can't tolerate whey, or any milk products) that adds another 120 cals 1 carb 1.5 fat and 25 g protein

So

360 calories

4 g fat

3 g carbs

39g protein

On my program (Kaiser) we are not allowed to have Protein Shakes, so I don't call this one - I log it as a latte + supplamental protein powder . . . we ARE allowed to add protein to our food . . . .

Hope that helps!

Riley

Today I just went into my 9th week being banded. I have stayed under 1200 calories each day but I can't seem to get past the -20 lb mark. Some days I don't even eat 1200 calories but it doesn't seem like my weight is going down anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please Help!

Hi,

I am in my 3rd week after surgery and haven't gotten as far as you...I have lost about 15 lbs. I don't even eat 1000 calories. Have you checked with your nutritionist? For you, what are you suppose to be doing? Just some things that I might suggest:

Excercise-I walk and ride a stationery bike

Drink water-alot (I don't get nearly enough Water down)

Eat 60-70 gm Protein in a day

Try not to eat more than 3-4 meals (only when hungry)

If you are too hungry...you probably need a band adj

Are you eating slow, small bites, sipping liquids, etc.?

If you are doing all this...you should probably check with your doctor or nutritionist. That's what they are there for.

Hang in there, but do check in with someone. OK?

Sometimes I think I'm not doing things right...there is so much to remember and how to eat different. It is a whole new life and education for me. Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the Columbus (Ohio) area. I see you are from Ohio.

Today I just went into my 9th week being banded. I have stayed under 1200 calories each day but I can't seem to get past the -20 lb mark. Some days I don't even eat 1200 calories but it doesn't seem like my weight is going down anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please Help!

My best suggestion would be to INCREASE YOUR EXERCISE...

It's not fun, but it will make the scale move again...

Good luck!!!

Hi, Not sure if you got my message on Feb 9...check the board. I'm having trouble navigating on here. :thumbdown:

My nutritionist told me to focus on Protein. Begin with protein, then add veggies, and leave carbs and starches last (when you are already full). Protein sends the message that you are satisfied. There are no 'bad foods'. Just save 'em for last. Also, since you are cutting back on quantity, makes sense to buy organic and higher quality foods.

bullet blender. I got mine from Medifast (Soy Protine) theirs is only $34.00 I couldn't find a bullet that cheap here. Medifast works just as good as the bullet and comes with all the attachments. FYI...Betz

I had the lap band procedure last Thursday, 5/7 and on the full liquid diet (I was also on full liquids 2 weeks previous to surgery). Any full liquid suggestions? I'm really getting tired of yogurt, low-fat cream Soups (including Trader Joe's) and popsicles. Help!!

I am wondering how many people cook when they are going through the process of adjusting to having a band. I am putting together a little booklet of suggestion for each part of the journey. ie liquids, adding a little more mush, early solids and food for the future. but this requires some cooking and preparation to make sure you get the right nutrients. would this be of any help.

I am wondering how many people cook when they are going through the process of adjusting to having a band. I am putting together a little booklet of suggestion for each part of the journey. ie liquids, adding a little more mush, early solids and food for the future. but this requires some cooking and preparation to make sure you get the right nutrients. would this be of any help.

I think that would be great, Miranda!

I'm in stage 2 right now and would love some suggestions also! I am doing the full liquids, Soups, oatmeal, etc.

I'm in stage 2 right now and would love some suggestions also! I am doing the full liquids, Soups, oatmeal, etc.

Week two to three:

· Remember to chew all food well in fact from now on it is chew, chew, chew.

· If there are any problems i.e. a feeling of sever tightness in the throat, pain or productive burping (small salivary vomit)

· Stop eating when you feel comfortably full

· Only eat what you feel you can tolerate and do not struggle to eat if you are not hungry

Transition to solids and thickened liquids

It Is suggested that these food can include sloppy porridge, eggs (poached, scrambled and omelettes), mashed baked Beans, fruit smoothes, low fat yogurts, well cooked mashed vegetables, bananas, tinned fruit, blended soups.

During this time it is, in my mind , important to begin to make each mouthful count, concentrating on flavour and the integrity of the food you are eating i.e. the freshest and the best. It is hard to cook for the family at the same time during this time but if you prepare some of the things suggested in the recipes then one can free one or two ½ cup portions for future.

Add

· ¼ cup browned mince to any pureed vegetable Soup. Brown 250gms altogether and use for the next stage

· finely diced neck meat saved from the stock making stage

· cooked grated or finely chopped carrot

· finely chopped skinned and seeded Tomato and finely chopped chives

· 1 tbsp yoghurt, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp powdered cumin

Lamb

Brown 250gms of lamb mince but gently so that it remains soft and does not form little bullets will be hard to chew

Add

· 1 onion finely diced and I grated carrot and divide in ¼ cup amounts in small plastic pottles

· soft mashed potatoes and a tbsp squashed thawed frozen peas

· 1 cup of tinned tomatoes, 1tsp Tuscan seasoning which can be used as a topping for Pasta a little later

Lamb with Swedish dill sauce

Fish and crustations

Add to fish stock

· 50gms finely chopped fine white fish and 1 tbsp pea puree

· Small balls of finely chopped prawns, spring onion and chopped coriander

· Fish pie

50gms of Smoked salmon is soft and a delicious lunch option served with 1 tsp dill Mayonnaise and a squeeze of lime

Mushrooms with ham dumplings

Sweetcorn soup with poached egg and ham

Frittata

Pea and avocado sauce

Ham and salami chips

Poor mans cavier

Mushroom soup thickened with toasted almond sauce