Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand Food Stages Lists Suggestions

Can't wait to try that brownie recipe - thanks!

What helped me get through was taking a can of fat free refried Beans and throwing it into a blender or food processor with lean, reduced sodium deli ham and a little Water. Even my husband said it was tasty! :unsure:

Sounds good too! I'll tell you what, after drinking Liquid Protein for a couple of weeks EVERYTHING tastes great. I find that I am not using the salt shaker as much because everything tastes so wonderful! Becky

I'm finally feeling better with food. Guess I'm so old that it's taking a while for my system to kick back in. I've added baked potato and whole wheat crackers to my world and I think they're helping. Switching back to sweet pots soon. I'm finding myself on something close to South Beach. High Protein, whole wheat, etc.

Enjoy Memorial Day.....watch out for the bbq sauce!

Gwenn

I'm still struggling. I don't know if it's me or my head. Maybe I should just plow into foods. I did add crackers last week and they were not on my doctor's list (bad girl!) but boy, the tasted good.

I do think I may need to go back on Previcid. I went off it after surgery because I was told I may not need it any longer, but I've got a tight feeling or burning after meals and today it was difficult to get down cottage cheese, and I eat that everyday. So, I'm thinking I better go back on and see if the discomfort goes. If not, I'm going to have to have a long talk with the surgeon when I go for my first fill. I need to eat a wider group of food. Tonight I'm having filet of sole and mashed potatoes. Maybe I'll try some string Beans with it. We'll see.

Just tired of not feeling 100%.

Other than that, the scale is happy so I'm glad about that.I have to change my signature to show that I'm down 30. Yippee.

Gwenn

I know there's a lot in my head that I have to get through. It is a struggle. I wish they did surgery on the brain at the same time that they did the Lapband!! :w00t: Gwenn, in my program we have to be on Prevacid for the rest of our lives. It helps me so much!! I had heartburn, GERD, gastritis and esophageal problems before the surgery. Now since I've been on the Prevacid I haven't had heartburn or anything else. I think it's going to take time to feel much better. Right now, I'm eating all kinds of foods with no problems and I still don't feel like I have enough energy. I think it will all just take time and effort. Hang in there!! :tt2:

Talk about old eating habits. I went out to lunch today and my employer was paying. We went to an Asian resturant and I was at a large table of my peers. Everyone was eating and talking and I was joining right in and then before I knew it I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom. Half of my food came right back up! I forgot to take small bites and I ate some things that I am not supposed to eat at 3 weeks post op. I had a couple of bites of rice and a couple of bites of cashew chicken and 1/2 egg roll and that was that for me. We were given specific menus to choose from and I thought that was probably the best choice but maybe I should have had the broccolli beef and no rice and eaten way slower. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Becky

Exactly Becky!! It's a learning process. I had the opportunity to have lunch out with my husband today and I ate WAY TOO much!! I can eat almost anything at this point. The stoma seems WIDE open!! I get a fill on the 11th. Right now, at 10PM, I still feel like crap from the over eating episode. SO I regret it and will try hard not to do it again! We live and learn!! Donna :(

We're all in the same boat. Today I was shopping for food, had all the right things in the cart and then saw some SUSHI. Now, there's a whole thread about how people can go out a week after surgery and eat sushi- I read it and cried. So today, feeling better, I tried it. First piece, chewed up good. Okay. Second, same. And third. About 3-4 minutes after third, the tightness began in my chest. You know....the hardball in between and under the breasts. OY! Nothing came up but it I could feel it just sitting there. Water didn't help. Since I was still breathing (LOL) I continued on my way driving to visit an elderly uncle. When I got there I made a cup of tea and sipped slowly. That helped. I was told always go for something hot when tight. Anyway, it is better but not gone. I feel like I re-bruised my esphoph. I told my husband an moaned a lot and his attitude was if I don't try new things I'll never know what I can't eat. I think this could be BYE BYE to one of my favs. At least for a long time. I don't want a repeat.

AND PREVICID. I took Protonix for years and was very happy but because they want me to crush or disolve, I switched. I also experienced bad diahrea at the beginning and the gastroenterologist couldn't tell if was the liquid diet only or maybe the Previcid. I had a bad reaction to Prilisec as well. So, I went off and had nothing for two weeks. I went back on the Previcid yesterday and had D again, but I don't know if it was too soon for hte Pervicid to do it. So, I have to wait and then try one more time. I really want to go back to Protonix and I'm going to discuss chopping it into 4 pieces with the surgeon next week. Thanks. Gwenn

Hi Donna, I know the feeling now! I am having my first fill on 6/11 too. I am thinking that I better get this eating slowly and small bites down well before that happens. It is not easy breaking old habits. I don't know when I started being such a fast eater but I think it happened from having only 30min lunch breaks at work. By the time you use the bathroom, heat up or prepare your lunch you have about 15-20 mins to eat. I am trying to slow way down by using small plates and utensils and putting the fork down between bites. I know it will take some time to master this but I hope I don't have to experience that discomfort again anytime soon. Becky

It's just going to take lots and lots of practice and from what I've been reading here we ALL falter from time to time. We have to try to not be too hard on ourselves as well. We are changing years of old habits and it will take some time.

With the food, everyone is different. I haven't puked (yet) but first fill is the 11th. I have had some nausea/discomfort though. My friend who got the Lapband in January can eat ANYTHING!! I think I might be better off having a list of things that I can't eat like rice and Pasta. I need to get more Protein in anyway!! :( One step at a time....

Yes, i would love to hear some good Protein sources that go down easily in these first few months after LB. So far I am doing well with cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, ground turkey, yogurt, scrambled eggs, Tomato Soup with some Protein Powder or cottage cheese added, tuna fish with a little light mayo, and of course the old standby, protein smoothies. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Becky

Anything that I made for my husband I ate too. It's just that my portion went into the food processor. I had trouble with eggs in the beginning but I will try them again this week. I can probably handle them now since I can eat anything now!! I always love creamy Tomato Soup with ricotta cheese in it. I sprinkle a teeny bit of grated parm on top - yum! Try some tofu or hummus. There are great recipes online and sometimes on the packages. Just throw it in the food processor after! My favorite mushie is fat free refried Beans mixed in the food processor with lean deli ham. :lol:

It's amazing. Some people can eat anything...others never eat a broad range again.

And if something gave one indigestion before...I'm sure it will now as well.

I have a dicey stomach and can't eat a lot of certain things. I can have some Tomato products, but not lots. Some wheat, but a lot makes me gassy. None of that will change.

My biggest problem is that it was not easy for me to transition to mushies and then to solids. I still tend to eat soft foods. I'm very nervous about going out for a slice of pizza or deep fried or anything like that, when truth is, you can when you'er banded. We're supposed to be able to eat small amounts of most foods. My BIL has lost 120 pounds and he eats everythign but calamari - too rubbery- and bread needs to be toasted. Another man I know can really eat everything. And he's also lost alot of weight banded. I feel so limited, but I'm also scared to branch out. So, I'm still plain fish and chicken and sweet potatoes and cooked veggies. I go for my first fill on Wed.