Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my psych eval earlier this week. It went quite well. She told me that she is looking more at the ability to seek out help when you need it, the amount of family/friend support someone has as well as their current coping skills. That a diagnosis of depression (or other things) doesn't keep them from giving you the ok. It's just one piece of a larger puzzle. It's more about how they think you'll cope and how successful they think you may be. Compliance with meds and medical appointments is also an important factor in the eval apparently.

My eval was filling out about 10 pieces of paper with questions and an hour & a half with a psychologist asking questions. It was very easy and not scary at all!

I got my psych evaluation and although I haven't had any diagnosis I have had it rough and we talked about it My doctor told me that she sees I am capable of coping with this big life change and that I had support. I think that's mainly what they're looking for

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I took the MMPI yesterday and I'm actually fairly eager to see the results. Doc said he would go ahead and review the results today and forward them to the surgeon's office so we can hopefully get the ball rolling a bit quicker, and then we follow up on the 31st.

My psych evaluation was just me talking to the doctor for a short bit and him asking a few questions. I was worried that it would be the 500+ question test plus a long visit, but I didn't have that.

I'm in the process of getting revision from Lapband to VSG and I get my psych evaluation on Monday. It's almost the last hurdle for me to move ahead. So ready to make this happen!

Well I'm done with my list !! But..... Now I have to get cleared by a Neurologist due to a small amount of Fluid accumulation in my neck from an epidural procedure gone wrong also I was told by the surgeon that he cannot and will not perform sleeve surgery because in one of my test it shows I have chronic acid reflux. Is that GERD??? Anyways right along with a slight fatty liver and pylori infection in my stomach (sighs) Surgeon says Gastric Bypass is a must...

Well I'm done with my list !! But..... Now I have to get cleared by a Neurologist due to a small amount of Fluid accumulation in my neck from an epidural procedure gone wrong also I was told by the surgeon that he cannot and will not perform sleeve surgery because in one of my test it shows I have chronic acid reflux. Is that GERD??? Anyways right along with a slight fatty liver and pylori infection in my stomach (sighs) Surgeon says Gastric Bypass is a must...

Yeah that's GERD, and bypass actually helps with that as well!

Thanks @@janedoe92 I'm not really familiar with GERD, my only concern about Bypass is that they say complications are a little more common that's why I was hoping for sleeve procedure I'm also concerned of how long bypass surgery is, I've heard different things... Guess that's why I'm so down about it

Thanks @@janedoe92 I'm not really familiar with GERD, my only concern about Bypass is that they say complications are a little more common that's why I was hoping for sleeve procedure I'm also concerned of how long bypass surgery is, I've heard different things... Guess that's why I'm so down about it

Yeah I know what you mean. I want the sleeve too just because I don't like all the malabsorbtion, dumping and possibilities of strictures with bypass. I'm pretty sure I have GERD, but doesn't seem too bad to me, but I guess we'll wait and see what my Dr says.

One of my concerns is the amount of time under General anesthesia and as u mentioned complications can be more common with bypass... In my case I'm done with the entire list but I hav to be cleared by a neurologist because I have some Fluid in my neck

One of my concerns is the amount of time under General anesthesia and as u mentioned complications can be more common with bypass... In my case I'm done with the entire list but I hav to be cleared by a neurologist because I have some Fluid in my neck

Yeah, I hate anesthesia, but I hope everything goes well for you! Does your Dr. think bypass would help with the Fluid on your neck at all?

Well he refuses to let me go ahead with surgery only because he doesn't wanna take chances so now I hav to try n deal with this issue ASAP and get cleared by the Neurologist

Well he refuses to let me go ahead with surgery only because he doesn't wanna take chances so now I hav to try n deal with this issue ASAP and get cleared by the Neurologist

Oh yeah that's good though the less complications the better. How did they find out you had Fluid on your neck?