Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

I know I need a referral from my GP, an endoscopy, psych eval and 3 or 6 visits w a nutritionist. I haven't heard about an echo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Ok so disregard my last post cause yeah, that would be most of the paperwork, lol. Ask about the echo but all docs are different and want different things. I don't have to get an endo. Good luck!

I am having surgery on 8/24. So excited. I do not like throwing up either. Keeping my fingers crossed. My best friend had it done on a Thursday, one night in hospital and was back at work the following Tuesday. I will not have to work for a week. My birthday is 3 days after my surgery. I am a self pay, well for half as I have hernia. Best gift ever. My first appointment was May 23 so in 3 months I am ready to go. I have not health issues. Just been over weight for ever. I can lose but can't keep it off but now I will. I have 50 to 60 pounds to lose. Will make a decision at 50 and decide. I can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. I have just decided on having the sleeve. I am not planning on getting it done until June (I work in a school, so i'll have the Summer to recover) my feelings are flip flopping from super excited, to nervous, embarrassed that I let myself get to this point. I have always been a bad eater LOTS of carbs. I KNOW it's going to be hard, but I also KNOW I am ready. I'm afraid of throwing up.I have NOT thrown up in 40 years, since I was a kid. That part scares me. Plus, is 2 months long enough to be physically back to "normal?"And my biggest question...THose of you that have the sleeve.....WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN???

Thank you

Absolutely!

I would do it again in a heartbeat. I went back to work after 21 days! No problem. chicken appears to be the only thing I can't tolerate. If I eat too fast I know it. But, 72 lbs down in 5 months I will take it. No more diabetes, hypertension or sleep apnea. Yay me! Good luck to all. Totally worth it

I have read that chicken seems to be hard for most after surgery. I might try to avoid it for a while. Or maybe chicken salad would be better since its not as dry?

Maybe. It really depends. You just will have to go slow and try new foods one at a time to see what works for you. Moist is definitely better early out. Dark meat chicken tends to be moister than dry breasts.

I am having surgery on 8/24. So excited. I do not like throwing up either. Keeping my fingers crossed. My best friend had it done on a Thursday, one night in hospital and was back at work the following Tuesday. I will not have to work for a week. My birthday is 3 days after my surgery. I am a self pay, well for half as I have hernia. Best gift ever. My first appointment was May 23 so in 3 months I am ready to go. I have not health issues. Just been over weight for ever. I can lose but can't keep it off but now I will. I have 50 to 60 pounds to lose. Will make a decision at 50 and decide. I can do this.

Good luck! I wish I could have it done sooner, but I can't afford to take time off, and I'm looking forward to have the whole Summer (2017) to get used to everything.

I haven't thrown up since my surgery five weeks ago. Two months should be plenty of recovery time, barring serious complications. You may still tire easily, or get a little dizzy when you stand up, but you should be mostly back to normal at two months out.

I'm only a few weeks out, but I would definitely do it again. I am dealing with some acid reflux post-op, but other than some bad pulling from a stitch a week out, I've had no major issues.

I've lost 25 lbs post op, 60 total. I feel good, though a bit tired. My mind is sharper, my husband says I'm getting sexier. A few more months and I'll be able to ride roller coasters again. I'm very happy with my decision.

@@char3672 I'm afraid of throwing up.I have NOT thrown up in 40 years, since I was a kid. That part scares me.

@@TracyBar Throwing up - I was going to ask this question in here somewhere - vomiting is violent and comes from the stomach so I'm feel squeamish thinking about it should it happen right after the surgery!

I'm almost 8 weeks out and my only regret is I wish I'd done this 10 or 15 years ago :)

I wanted to address the vomiting issue. I have (had!) a very hair-trigger vomit response. Stress made me vomit, toothpaste made me vomit, going out in the cold after eating made me vomit. And, I get a little hysterical when I vomit. I was soooo worried that my pain meds or the surgery or the clear Protein drink would make me vomit, I literally mentioned that I needed extra anti-emetics to anyone I came into contact with. Anesthesia during my pre-op interview, the nurses when I went in for labs, my surgeon every time I talked to him...I told EVERYONE. When I went in the morning of surgery, I reminded them all again. I got a scopolamine patch placed in pre-op and the anesthesiologist started me on 2 IV meds for nausea while I was still in the OR. I had the same meds continuously while I was in the hospital and came home with both of them. I had ZERO nausea and it made all the difference in the world to my mental state during my recovery. I urge you to insist that they listen to you about your fear, and that they take it seriously. I can't imagine how distraught I would have been had I started vomiting post-op.

I am DEFINITELY going to take your advice! It's nice to know I'm not the only person that feels this way. And congratulations! Keep it up!!!!

I haven't thrown up since my surgery five weeks ago. Two months should be plenty of recovery time, barring serious complications. You may still tire easily, or get a little dizzy when you stand up, but you should be mostly back to normal at two months out.

I'm only a few weeks out, but I would definitely do it again. I am dealing with some acid reflux post-op, but other than some bad pulling from a stitch a week out, I've had no major issues.

I've lost 25 lbs post op, 60 total. I feel good, though a bit tired. My mind is sharper, my husband says I'm getting sexier. A few more months and I'll be able to ride roller coasters again. I'm very happy with my decision.

Acid reflux I can handle! Good luck and thank you!!!

I would do it again every freaking day to live the life I do now. Yes. Hell yes, I would do it again.

Abso-fu<king-lutley, I'd do it again.

I love hearing this! Ty and CONGRATULATIONS!