Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had some nausea, but not a whole lot. They did however give me anti-nausea medicine, and that helped significantly. If you do experience it and they don't give it to you, ask for it!

My worst nausea was the first day post op. I did throw up a couple of times but it wasn't much of anything (and I HATE throwing up). It was more like what I swallowed just came back up. We determined it was the Lortab and once I switched off that it got a lot better. The nausea medication helped a lot. Now I only get slightly sick to my stomach every once in a while and zero vomiting. I am 3.5 weeks post.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So scared of the nausea post-op. I know it's just part of it, but really hoping they can get it under control quickly. Did everyone experience nausea or did some luck out?! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

It isn't necessarily part of it. I didn't experience much nausea, probably because they gave me an anti-nausea patch to wear behind my ear for a while after surgery.

@@NewAdventure2016

I was only nausea once really and that in the hospital because I don't tolerate narcotics well and morphine is a tool of the devil (I really don't get the benefit).

Other than that, I have felt kind of a sick a few times but that is from what I have eaten and I knew I over did it or ate something wrong.

My sleeve is a sleeve of steel for the most part.

So scared of the nausea post-op. I know it's just part of it, but really hoping they can get it under control quickly. Did everyone experience nausea or did some luck out?! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

I felt part of what made mine worse was I tried walking too far a few hours after surgery in the hall. If I were to say something to myself it would be to do just shorter walks in the room first day. Leave hallway till next morning. Nausea hit on my way back down hall full force.

I am day four and feel so much better. Day 3 was much better too. So really two days. But my nurses Doctor were amazing. They had me on zofran even before nausea began as precaution for all gastric patients and gave me stronger medicine when that was not enough.

I think it comes down to how your body reacts to anesthesia. Just don't know. Saying a prayer you will be fine. But know it passes quickly if you do experience it.

I am awful with nausea and pain meds always make me nauseous as does anesthesia.

I told my doctor that and he prescribed a scopolamine patch I put on the day before.

They also had zofran "on board" in my iv when I got pain meds and sent me home with both zofran and phenegran.

I had no nausea! Yay!! First time ever post op I didn't have it and I really think it was the scopolamine patch

They gave me some sort of anti nausea injection through my IV right before surgery, and also put a patch behind my ear just before taking me to surgery.......and my doctor prescribed two different nausea meds for me to have at home as needed.....I never had any nausea while in the hospital. Once I got home I went through this period of time (about 5 days) where everything tasted terrible and made me feel a little queasy .....but I never actually vomited.

I was like you and very worried about being nauseous......to me I'd almost rather have any other pain or symptom other than that! Let your doctor know you're worried about being nauseous and they'll make sure to try to stay on top of it like they did for me......No matter what, make sure you have two different nausea prescriptions at home....you need one that are pills that you let dissolve in your mouth.....and a second one that is a suppository in case you are not able to hold down anything by mouth...Have those two prescriptions filled and at home before you ever even to to the hospital.....You don't want to be sick and have to wait for something to be called in!

Good luck with your surgery!! Wishing you a very speedy recovery! I'm almost 9 weeks post-op and feel GREAT! This is the best thing I've ever done for myself!!

Really no unexplained nausea for me. I can still get nausea 4+ months out, if I eat too much.

I didn't have nausea at all and I never threw up. In fact, since surgery I have not thrown up one time. I seem to have lost the ability to do so. There have been a few times that I ate too much or ate something I shouldn't have and i wanted to throw up but simply cannot.

Mines was real bad first day. Ask for meds cuse I sure did everytime I woke up lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

No nausea for me. Scopalomine patch preop, iv anti emetics pre and post op. I never had to ask. I got a dilaudid pump and Slept like a bug in a rug. However not everyone tolerates anesthesia or narcotics well so it depends on the individual.

I always have nausea from general anesthesia. I mentioned it to my surgeon and the anesthetist. The anesthetist placed a patch behind my ear before surgery and told me he would make sure he gave me something for nausea before I went to recovery. When I first woke in recovery I was very nauseous, they gave me something for it in my I.V., which worked instantly, they controlled it very well after that. I didn't take the anti- nausea pills when returning home and that was a mistake. Started taking them and felt much better. After three days on the anti nausea pills I stopped them and was fine. I had very little pain post op, and the pills controlled the nausea quite well.

The staff will control the nausea very well if you let them know you are concerned about it.

Edited by borg/assimilated

Had my surgery yesterday. So far so good. Absolutely no nausea! Weird of advise...gas strips will save your life. When the pressure starts to build, pop one on your tongue and wait for the burp :-)