Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just sleeved on the 12th and had very little nausea. Good luck! It's a wild ride. [emoji4]

I've always been predisposed to nausea for some reason and coming up to 4 weeks post-op, I've probably had 4-5 bad bouts of nausea if I've eaten too quickly or if I haven't eaten enough. I was also on antibiotics for a UTI last week which didn't help my constitution. I haven't thrown up yet though - I've just become really good at sitting still or lying down until the icky feeling passes.

Told my doctor I was the most worried about the nausea. They put an anti-nausea patch behind my ear the morning of my surgery. I felt a bit queasy a couple of times sitting up in a chair the first few times. The only time I threw up is when I coughed unexpectedly and that caused the Water I had been sipping to come up. Other than that I've been fine. I have had sublingual anti-nausea medication prescribed and took one of them at home as a precaution the first time I took my pain medication but I haven't felt the need to take it since. I've been super careful not to sip too much. I'm only a few days post op, so it remains to be seen whether I develop nausea later.

No nausea at all. Also had the anti nausea patch and it works for 3 days. I think that is what helped me because I have always had nausea from surgery. I am 3.5 weeks out and still no nausea. I hope to keep it that way!

I'm only one week out but I've only had nausea maybe 3 or 4 times and it passed quickly. I also had the nausea patch behind my ear for 3 days post op.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was really bad and had 3 days hospital on 4 different IV anti emetics. I'm always bad with anaesthetic. BUT....as soon as I got home it was gone and it didn't ruin things for me in any way. You soon forget about it. Like giving birth!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

I was so worried about nausea, but only had one second of it when I tried to get out of bed too quickly after surgery. I was amazed at how little pain and really no nausea, just sore in stomach area.

I was never nauseated after surgery. When I started my Vitamins I began to experience it. I learned to take them as soon as I ate. They are dissolvable.

My nausea was very mild. They have me two Meds through IV and sent me home with a prescription which I am taking to prevent any nausea. The woman in my hospital room was also sleeved by my surgeon same day and was puking her guts out. They gave her extra stuff including the patch but she was miserable. I think it is very individualized.

Edited by Clarevoyant

nausea post-op.

@@NewAdventure2016

hi - i'm with the group above who never experienced nausea

worry causes wrinkles!!! :o

Knock It Off! LOL

don't look for trouble!!!

"hope for the best, expect the worse"

mmmm, what other cliche's can i throw at you? LOL

speedy, uneventful recovery

good luck

kathy

I only felt queazy one time and never even threw up! They gave me zofran. Good luck!

WARM LiQUIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some major nausea in the middle of the night directly following my surgery. They gave me Zofran, but that didn't help either. The following morning I got to drink my first liquid, and I chose hot tea. It helped with the nausea almost immediately. Today I am one week out, and I've only had one other bout of nausea. It only lasted for about 20 mins. I took a Zofran and drank warm broth. I think the warm liquids help the most with nausea. The big culprit for nausea is getting your pouch full of mucus (for me it's a post-nasal drip thing). The warm liquids help that mucus to pass through. I drink something hot every morning and every night.