Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

I haven't been on in a while. According to my doc I'm doing really well. I'm not completely feeling this way. I just had my 7th fill for 0.5cc's for a total of 5cc's. They had me test drinking Water before I left the office and I seemed fine.

The next morning through the rest of last week I've had a really hard time getting even liquids down. By Friday and Sat. I was getting sick after every meal and that was on soft foods or just liquids. I was even taking small bites. You would have thought that the stupid scale would have moved since I wasn't getting in as many calories as before this last fill, but noooo it stayed at 210 ALL WEEK! ARGHHH! I'm getting so frustrated! The scale finally moved to 209 this morning and tomorrow I have to drive an hour an twenty minutes to my doc's other office to get an un-fill since they won't be back at the office up by me for another couple of weeks. I can't wait that long. I feel like I'm doing everything right and the scale is moving at a snails pace. I so thought that I would've been at my goal by my 1yr bandiversary.

I haven't been on in a while. According to my doc I'm doing really well. I'm not completely feeling this way. I just had my 7th fill for 0.5cc's for a total of 5cc's. They had me test drinking Water before I left the office and I seemed fine.

The next morning through the rest of last week I've had a really hard time getting even liquids down. By Friday and Sat. I was getting sick after every meal and that was on soft foods or just liquids. I was even taking small bites. You would have thought that the stupid scale would have moved since I wasn't getting in as many calories as before this last fill, but noooo it stayed at 210 ALL WEEK! ARGHHH! I'm getting so frustrated! The scale finally moved to 209 this morning and tomorrow I have to drive an hour an twenty minutes to my doc's other office to get an un-fill since they won't be back at the office up by me for another couple of weeks. I can't wait that long. I feel like I'm doing everything right and the scale is moving at a snails pace. I so thought that I would've been at my goal by my 1yr bandiversary.

Hi hf2havefun,

I feel the same way. My doc is also happy with my progress. I am going to try and up the intesity and frequency of my exercise. He feels this may help a bit. But...I just try and stay focused and plug along! I do feel your frustration. You are not alone!

Hi Ladies,

I am in the same boat.....major slow loser, but I feel so much better about the way I look and feel that I could honestly care less if I lost another pound at this point. Don't get me wrong, I would love to lose some more, but I can shop in the normal women's department at all stores now and that was truly all I wanted in addition to a general improvement in my health. Stay positive and keep working. Slow and steady wins the race! :)

weight.png

I was just wondering how your doing since you got an un-fill. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I was too tight so I has a quarter taken out. Then I ate like a horse!!! for 2 weeks straight. I could eat anything and as much as I wanted. Also gained 3 lbs but I thought that was ok since I hadn't ate in so long. So.... I went back to the Dr. last week and he put the quarter back in (he actually wanted to put 1/2 in!!). He said that I needed the fill because of what I had gained and how much I was eating (plus I was hungry in between meals too). I have been at this now for one week and can't eat again and am getting sick when I do. I don't know where the happy medium is but I have found out that if I drink a lot of water during the day I can usually get some food down and it stays down awhile. Don't know if that helped or not but I thought you would be happy knowing your not alone.

I'm losing slower than I thought I would but I'm losing! I just had what my doctor says is my last fill. I must say I'm a little surprised especially since I don't feel that tight. I am able to control my eating and I am making better choices. I am uping my exercise routine also. I would like to have lost 75 lbs by my anniversary but I feel good about my current progress. I agree, slow and steady - we'll win this race!

By the way, I passed my exams! Just a few more classes and a dissertation from here!

Take care all and congratulations on your progress. We may not be where we want to be but we sure are in better health than we were!

Val

I'm losing slower than I thought I would but I'm losing! I just had what my doctor says is my last fill. I must say I'm a little surprised especially since I don't feel that tight. I am able to control my eating and I am making better choices. I am uping my exercise routine also. I would like to have lost 75 lbs by my anniversary but I feel good about my current progress. I agree, slow and steady - we'll win this race!

By the way, I passed my exams! Just a few more classes and a dissertation from here!

Take care all and congratulations on your progress. We may not be where we want to be but we sure are in better health than we were!

Val

Congratulations Valstar!! :sad: What did you take exams for?

You know, I didn't know there were different size bands until after I had surdery. So when I found out I asked and it seems like the NP said it was a 4cc band. I have had 4 fills but I'm not sure how much was put in at each fill. I have an appointment at the beginning of July with my Dr. and i am going to follow up on that question. They seemed to feel that I would be extra tight after the last fill but I was not so I want them to make sure I am not losing Fluid. At this piont I am able to eat 1 - 2 cups of food at a time depending on what it is. I am feeling alright now, I'm still losing(slow that it is)but I just wonder about the future. We will see!

Ladybug, I'm working on a doctorate in Social Work.

TTFN!

Val

I was in the same boat two weeks ago but after the slight unfill I dropped a few pounds and have been loosing much faster. Of course, now I am having my female time so I am going to hold water like crazy but after the slight un fill I really feel much better about the band. I am a slow looser too but my doctor is thrilled that it has been steady the past few visits. He says not everyone is the same. I also work 2 jobs and have grad school at night so I don't have much time to devote to the gym. That would probably help but I am happy now that I can finally see some difference in my clothes and keep reminding myself this is a lifetime change and that I will have the rest of my life to be thin so what's a few more months of slow loosing :drool:

That is such a good way to think about things. What's a few more months compared to a lifetime! The scale moved for me again today!:smile2:

You are all doing great because you are losing and not gaining. How fantastic is that? Most of us could never have said that pre-band. Just keep on trucking at whatever pace your body operates at. Gradual loss is easier to maintain too!

Thanks everyone! I had an un-fill of 0.2cc's on Monday and I'm feeling much better. I can get liquids down no problem and no longer feel like a Water cooler (blub, blub). Unfortunately, I was so exited that I could get fluids and food down that I kind of forgot the "eat slowly" part and got sick once already. Today was much better. The scale moved a little bit more yesterday morning. I plan on upping my exercise also. It's just some days you'd rather just go home and relax after work instead of working out at the gym.

Thanks everyone! I had an un-fill of 0.2cc's on Monday and I'm feeling much better. I can get liquids down no problem and no longer feel like a Water cooler (blub, blub). Unfortunately, I was so exited that I could get fluids and food down that I kind of forgot the "eat slowly" part and got sick once already. Today was much better. The scale moved a little bit more yesterday morning. I plan on upping my exercise also. It's just some days you'd rather just go home and relax after work instead of working out at the gym.

Glad things are working out better for you. I think my adjustment is loosening up but that is actually a good thing. I need to take in more calories. I need to get moving big time!! Becky told me about this book called "Strong Women Stay Young". It is about strength training. I like it a lot. Thanks Becky!!

Just wanting to check in with my fellow bandsters! I'm so excited to see that everyone is doing so well!!!!:)

I had surgery on Aug 24, 2007 and here are my stats:

Start weight: 298

Current Weight: 147

Total Lbs Lost: 151lbs

Start pants/dress size: 22

Current Pants/dress size: 4/5

Hope everyone keeps up the good work and I will try to stay in touch more often!!!:thumbup:

Tarayn