Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

So --i also may be looking for a job out of town---I am in NYC--I have applied for a job in Tampa, FL--they required a photo and a video of me---so in the cover letter I told them that I have the band and that in 6 months to a year I will look different---It has been a week and I haven't heard anything --do you think it was a mistake to tell them about the band?

FYI--i am 6 months out now--312lbs top wieght--248lbs now--150 goal

Oh, Pizzicato congratulations!!! Kick Butt in LA LA Land! I hope it works out for you!

I'm just checking in. the scale has been moving but I haven't updated my ticker. I have very good restriction still from my mid January fill. I have been PBing for the first time since surgery. I am finding with propoer retriction there are some things I just can't eat anymore and every time I try I get sick. So, I give up on bread! Also having trouble with chicken. That's probably a good thing.

Take care all!

Hi All!

I am so happy to be reading about all the wonderful things that are happening in everyone's lives!!!!

Pizzicato and Becky a special congrats to you both!!!! Pizzi, I'll be sending good karma your way too, but I know you will get the job and will be LA bound soon!!!!

Becky 90 pounds lost and already down to see the plastic surgeon???? You go girl!!! You've been working so hard and truly deserve all the success coming your way this year!

I still have quite a ways to get to my goal, so I don't see plastic surgery in my immediate future, but I will certainly be following your journey very carefully -- please keep us posted.

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

8/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Thanks for all the great wishes, gang! I'll feel better once I have those flight plans in hand, and can start arranging hotel, car, etc. Fun!

Ace, good luck on the job thing. It's hard to say what their response will be, but in any case, if they're the type to eliminate you based on your video and picture or on the fact that you've had surgery, do you really want to work for them? What line of work are you looking at that requires video and a picture? Good luck, in any case!

Becky, you're doing great! What an inspiration!

Frangi, I noticed on the other board that you haven't been feeling well. Rest and heal!

Val, do you think you need a slight unfill if you're PB'ing, or do you think it's a behavioral adjustment?

My 6-month postop is Monday (5 days before my actual 6 month mark). I would have liked to have been farther along, but I know it's my choices slowing me down since the holidays. I think I'm going to ask for a teensy bit more fill. I do have to slow down when eating more now, but I can still fit in a pretty hefty portion (well over a cup). It's far less than what I ate preop, but it's more about finding that sweet spot, right?

Have a great weekend, everyone! Can't wait to hear how it goes for all of you.

Thanks for all the great wishes, gang! I'll feel better once I have those flight plans in hand, and can start arranging hotel, car, etc. Fun!

Ace, good luck on the job thing. It's hard to say what their response will be, but in any case, if they're the type to eliminate you based on your video and picture or on the fact that you've had surgery, do you really want to work for them? What line of work are you looking at that requires video and a picture? Good luck, in any case!

Becky, you're doing great! What an inspiration!

Frangi, I noticed on the other board that you haven't been feeling well (I guess you can catch a cold in the Virgin Islands too, but at least there's good fruit and sun to heal you!).

Val, do you think you need a slight unfill if you're PB'ing, or do you think it's a behavioral adjustment?

My 6-month postop is Monday (5 days before my actual 6 month mark). I would have liked to have been farther along, but I know it's my choices slowing me down since the holidays. I think I'm going to ask for a teensy bit more fill. I do have to slow down when eating more now, but I can still fit in a pretty hefty portion (well over a cup). It's far less than what I ate preop, but it's more about finding that sweet spot, right?

Have a great weekend, everyone! Can't wait to hear how it goes for all of you.

I have applied for a job as an on air Jewelry Expert for the Home Shoping Network--they liked my resume and asked for the video---so now I am waiting to hear.--i never would have applied at 312lbs

Ace, what an exciting opportunity! Good luck!

Hi Everyone. I havent posted much in a while but I have been keeping up on the posts from the crazy ates. Everyone is doing great!!! I am posting now because it is time for celebration :eek:...... IM IN TWODERVILLE!!!:thumbup: After slowing down over the holidays my weight loss seems to be speeding up for the moment. Oh and I am also just past the half way point to my goal. *doin a happy dance* hehe Keep up the good work everyone. Now I am going back to my corner lol.

Hi Pammy. I'm so glad to see that you're still doing great. Congrats on twoderville and the half way point. Those are great milestones to have met. Keep it up girl.

Hey Pammy, Good to hear from you again. Congrats on twoderville and halfway there!! :) That's wonderful!

Pizzi, I don't need an unfill it's behavioral. I still can't beleive that I can't eat certain foods and I sometimes wait too long to eat and then I eat too fast. I am working on slowing down. No PB's yesterday. I ate slowly and more frequent small meals.

I have to get better with taking my Vitamins and meds everyday! I can't wait until that part is over!

Valerie

Hi Pammy,

Congratulations! 86 pounds is amazing!!!!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

10/28 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Monday weigh-in, and ugh... the self-induced stall continues. I know d*mn well it's because I've been making bad food choices and grazing. As of today, I'm PO'ed enough at myself to impose a moratorium on anything that's not on the "official" eating plan from the clinic. Low fat, high Protein, small portions. Milk between meals as a snack. no bread, rice, potatoes, candy or other simple carbs. Small portions of veg for the carb/fiber. Enough already!!

I'm half a lb short of my 70 lb mark fir the second week and am walking into my 6 month postop appt today.

I'm trying hard to make this a positive day for myself. Bottom line, I'm almost 70 lbs lighter than I was when I started this in August, and that IS a huge thing. To try and Celebrate a bit, I wore a dress for the first time in ages (a plain old Misses XL, no less - not a 2X!), and wore my snazzy red knee boots which are actually getting loose on me (still not quite able to fit regular knee boots). I figure I could have a somewhat snazzy 6 month photo at the clinic today, if nothing else. :-)

I'll be curious to see how my bloodwork comes out this time too. My official bandiversary is actually the 22nd, so I'll keep that as an incentive this week to lose a few more lbs before that date (should at least be able to seal that 70 lb loss by then). I'm going to ask for a small fill today too and see if that helps some (if nothing else, a few days of liquids and mushies will help).

Okay, done griping - how's everyone else doing today? Inspire me!! :-)

pizzi, I am going thru the same things you are....I got a fill on friday but my problem is old behaviors coming back. I am eating too much junk; a cookie here, a hershey kiss there....you know what I mean...grrrrr. I joined curves and really really like it so I am hoping that will help get things moving again in the right direction. I seemed to have stalled out for the time being.

Bedonkadonk, sorry to hear you're having the same problems, but at least there's good company in this little h*ll we're creating for ourselves, huh?

What I've been trying to remind myself is that those behaviors are what got me into this whole situation, and the new behaviors will get me out of it! Just gotta focus on being better and not losing focus when I relax.

Here's some good news - I'm booked to fly out to California!!!! Better still, they are covering the flight, 2 nights' hotel and a rental car and meals! I'll still need to cover the weekend, but I can't complain and it's more than I thought they'd cover. I think they like me :-) Hopefully they still will after they meet me!

It's 5 degrees here today so I can't WAIT to get out there, but will need to be patient for a couple weeks. Argh...

Okay, one day down of behaving myself, and I was rewarded by FINALLY getting that half lb off, so I am officially 70 lbs down today. Phew!

My doc gave me a fill too, so I'm now up to 5cc's in a 10cc AP band. It felt just fine, and smaller portions are now doing it for me. I have a little hunger, but I figure having just liquids will do that for you. I'm sure having liquids and mushies for a few days will get me a little closer, too!

Last night I grocery shopped and got myself some high-pro/low-fat sweet Snacks to help me ease out of the junkfood mess I've been in lately (sugar-free pudding, yogurt, etc).

So, 1 day down of eating better, and the challenge continues!!

So O.K., I need a kick in the butt too! I have been doing so well, workingout 5 times a week and eating right all day and then at 9:30 at night, I start to feel like I need to snack! I graze on this and that and I jknow it destroys all the work I have done all day! This is the hard part for me because everyone is talking about how good I look and how much weight I have lost and I begin to feel like I can ease up for just a moment. I deserve it. That is the behavior that had nme gain weight year after year! I'm with you Pizz and Bad I am putting a moratorium on everything not on the list. I am 5 lbs from my revised, revised 6 month goal and I am 9 days out. I go in for my 6 month post op on Mar 4 so that gives me a few extra days to knock off these 5 lbs. Well, I had to get that out! I'm going to bed to save myself from food!

Val