Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so hungry! (pre-op diet)

@@Clarevoyant warm liquids do help to keep you full but it's hard when you dislike beef broth and chicken broth. I bought Campbell's and they taste horrible. Is there another brand to buy that may have a better taste

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I add lime and it helps plenty.

So, I'm still wondering if I'm doing it wrong. My Doc's asst told me to go on the stage 2 diet which is full liquid/puree, nothing thicker than applesauce. I've used all kinds of creamy Soup, Tomato, healthy choice cream of mushroom, healthy choice and on the stage 2 is says I can add lean meats which are low fat. And I can have sugar free pudding etc, so I've added Peanut Butter to it with almond milk. I've added lean hamburger to my Soups and pureed it.Why is everyone doing just Protein shakes and liquids? I've been doing this since Sunday and the 2 times I've called the clinic, today and yesterday, they are closed because it's a military facility. I'm really worried. But I'm down 5 lbs!! They surprised me with a quick surgery date and I couldn't see anyone for my preop until this Friday...so I have a lot of questions!! But even with all that I'm adding to my foods, I'm only getting 900 to 1,000 calories and still hungry too!

It seems like every facility is different. I am on my 2 week liquids and can't have anything except the Optifast products 4 times a day. I don't get options for Soup, salad, etc. And it's terrible stuff lol.

Is anyone else getting diarrhea? I swear EVERY time I drink my Bariatric Advantage Protein shake I have urgent diarrhea within 10 minutes.

I have opposite problem but am not drinking the same shake.< /p>

You can do it!

Definitely stay hydrated and fill up on what you are allowed to have: Decaf tea, sugar-free Popsicles, crystal light, etc.

Definitely filling up on Water and sugar free liquids. The bathroom has been my second home these past few days. LOL Thank you for your support!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

>You can do it..what a wonderful family..I am day 8 of liquid diet..no meat..only small amount of vegies or salad...I don't really feel that hungry now and when I do start drinking Water with diet cordial, it works for me...I am only on 3 shakes a day and am coping really well...didn't know how I would go..keep looking at the bigger picture..keep going you can do it.

Thank you! I'm so glad you're not having a hard time with the pre-op liquid diet. How wonderful! When's your surgery?

This coming tuesday 19th July...can't wait

I have miso Soup to help with the pre-op diet. It's easier if I'm busy.

Where do you buy it?

@@8petals,

No matter how “lenient” your pre-op diet may sound compared to other patients’ diets, that doesn’t make it any easier for you. You have every right to complain…as long as you stick to the diet. :) Yes, I think we all found the pre-op diet hard, so you’re definitely not alone.

I am so glad for you that you have all that support. It will make an incredible difference as you continue on this journey, both in terms of practicalities (it’s easier to pass up the chips and dip when you’re not watching your husband have it) and in terms of feeling confident and knowing everyone’s behind you.

OMG 8petals Im doing the same thing. I feel like I havent eaten in days. Wait a minute, I havent eaten in days, lol. Stomach growling big time. I don't understand why it has to be for 2 weeks. In the end I know I will be healthier and stronger. Are we able to use the Patches

So, I'm still wondering if I'm doing it wrong. My Doc's asst told me to go on the stage 2 diet which is full liquid/puree, nothing thicker than applesauce. I've used all kinds of creamy Soup, Tomato, healthy choice cream of mushroom, healthy choice and on the stage 2 is says I can add lean meats which are low fat. And I can have sugar free pudding etc, so I've added Peanut Butter to it with almond milk. I've added lean hamburger to my Soups and pureed it.Why is everyone doing just Protein shakes and liquids? I've been doing this since Sunday and the 2 times I've called the clinic, today and yesterday, they are closed because it's a military facility. I'm really worried. But I'm down 5 lbs!! They surprised me with a quick surgery date and I couldn't see anyone for my preop until this Friday...so I have a lot of questions!! But even with all that I'm adding to my foods, I'm only getting 900 to 1,000 calories and still hungry too!

@@SheilanLee Each surgeon has different pre-op diets. Some people are on Clear Liquids pre-op while others are on low carb/high Protein diets. My surgeon has me on a low carb/high protein diet for 2 weeks before surgery. On Saturday and Sunday, it'll just be Clear Liquids since my surgery is next Monday. Do you have a surgery date yet?

@@8petals,

No matter how “lenient” your pre-op diet may sound compared to other patients’ diets, that doesn’t make it any easier for you. You have every right to complain…as long as you stick to the diet. :) Yes, I think we all found the pre-op diet hard, so you’re definitely not alone.

I am so glad for you that you have all that support. It will make an incredible difference as you continue on this journey, both in terms of practicalities (it’s easier to pass up the chips and dip when you’re not watching your husband have it) and in terms of feeling confident and knowing everyone’s behind you.

@AlexBrecher Thank you so much! I'm so thankful for the support at home, I'm very blessed. I'm doing a lot better than I was last week. I'm still not fully satisfied after a meal, but I'm not craving junk nearly as much.

OMG 8petals Im doing the same thing. I feel like I havent eaten in days. Wait a minute, I havent eaten in days, lol. Stomach growling big time. I don't understand why it has to be for 2 weeks. In the end I know I will be healthier and stronger. Are we able to use the Patches

@@Mudgy6 Do you mean the nicotine Patches? It depends on your surgeon. I would call and ask. I've never wanted one as bad as I do now. This hunger is crazy! LOL At first my surgeon said no, but then he said it was better than smoking and if it would keep my cravings down that I could start using them again. When did you start the pre-op diet? When's your surgery? This is not for the weak, that's for sure! LOL

I started last week and my surgery is next Tuesday the 26th. Not the nicotine Patches, but vitamin patches in the Bariatric Pal Store

I started last week and my surgery is next Tuesday the 26th. Not the nicotine Patches, but Vitamin Patches in the Bariatric Pal Store

@@Mudgy6 Ohhhh....lol. I was told not to start Vitamins until a week after my surgery. I didn't even know you could use vitamin patches. I'll definitely have to look into them. I bought gummies and sublingual Vitamins pre-op. Patches make more sense though. I'd definitely give a call to your surgeon and ask if you can start them. :)