Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, not trying to be mean, but there actually are stupid questions lol

I'm waiting for my insurance but my MD said one patient came to him and complained she wasn't losing weight. He asked, what are you eating? She said, ice cream. He said, we'll that's okay occasionally. What else are you eating? That's it. Just icecream. LOL

Surgeon told me a patient of his had fast food (as in, coke/burger/fries/sundae) TEN days after the sleeve. He then got a leak....WTH???

Another guy had a meal of butter chicken and rice (not pureed) after a week, but no leak.

CRAZY.

I was wondering why they kept going onnnnnnn and onnnnnnn to me about sipping slowly and being careful. I thought 'Um I've just had a sleeve, of course I am not going to eat within a week' and yeah, they said all this.

2 of my sisters had GB 1 ate healthy always and the other was eating macaroni noodles and meat with sauce 2weeks out and eats junk food everyday. The 1st sister lost over 200lbs and has kept it off now 6 years later while the other has lost only 98lbs. I'm sure that we should stick to the guidelines given by the Dr and Nut. But asking questions is totally normal

So I am 4 weeks out and you mean I can't have a medium supreme pizza all to myself? There went my dinner plans...

Why so much criticism? A simple I don't think it's a good idea would've been fine

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

because unfortunately it makes some people feel better about themselves to put down or criticize others.... very common behavior among bullies!! :(

Why so much criticism? A simple I don't think it's a good idea would've been fine

because unfortunately it makes some people feel better about themselves to put down or criticize others.... very common behavior among bullies!! :(
bullies are one of the reasons I became an emotional eater starting when I was a child

@@blueeyez Wow, well ok. I guess I am a bully for finding the question ridiculous. I guess I was a bully when I laughed when my son asked if I got him a sea otter on a grocery shopping trip and also laughed when my mother in law asked if we'd be having kids soon a week into the marriage. Yep, that's me. Just a real meanie!

Edited by anniebanana

Just a fact that cravings are just that! We need to be creative! Two weeks out I'm on purée and as mentioned already Peanut Butter Is allowed. So get some low sugar jam and Peanut Butter on a spoon. Did you know that Walden Farms has some amazing good syrups that add awesome flavor and no calories. chocolate is the jam. Tastes exactly like Hershey's !

I think it's hard after decades of giving in to our cravings to know you can't have your basic comfort foods. Unfortunately surgery doesn't take away the mental urges to eat them. I'm 9 days post op and with my limited diet right now I am craving the taste of so much!

I will continue to "ride the crave wave" and not give in but that doesn't make it easy.

@@wknapp2966 Oh me too! I'm just now at day 8 starting to want something different, especially after having to prepare meals for the family. I know it will happen, but it definitely is a challenge!

Someone in my bariatric center's group just posted this question:

"I am 2 weeks post op and am craving a PBJ. How soon before I can have one?"

Do some people seriously do no research before having this surgery?? lol...lol...lol...lol

When people add a clarifier like" I don't want to be mean, but"...or "I don't want to hurt your feelings, BUT" This statement says "I know I'm about to be..whatever" Apologizing before hand does not make it OK. I'm not telling you this to anger you, but to educate you. I'm sure you weren't aware of this common phrase. No ill intent implied. I used to say this ALL the time until someone told me.

People should be able to ask whatever the heck they want without judgement from the very people that are supposed to be their support system. If this person wants a PB and J like someone said earlier you could say not your best choice right now but have you thought about something like a PB&J Protein shake or PB&J yogurt but to flat out say someone is "stupid" for asking a question....yes i stand by my response totally uncalled for and yes bully behavior... We are all on this journey together and it is not an easy journey for anyone so putting someone down for asking a question I think is totally uncalled for!! Have a little compassion gets you so much further in life then putting people down!! :)

@@blueeyez If you had actually read the thread, I said to her exactly what you're suggesting. Didn't call her stupid. Thought the question was. That's a really high horse you're on. Have a great day :)