Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had chronic Constipation for about 20 years, and now that medication worked for me (Linzess) has become unaffordable (it went from $25 to $230 for 1-month supply). Without taking this med, the dietary restrictions of WLS isn't helping me as I simply can't just "eat more" bulk foods. Anyone with pre-op diagnosis of chronic constipation have any tips? ????

Do you have insurance. I am on it too, and had to get a good GI doc to fight insurance company for me so now they pay for it, I could not afford it either without the insurance. Good luck.

Magnesium Citrate has a laxative effect (There is a brand called: Calm that you stir into water).

I have been taking Linzess for about 4 months now and I honestly do not know how I would live without it. That stuff works fantastic.

I do not understand why drug companies do this to patients. For Pete sakes the co pays on it are ridiculous enough. I thought 60.00 per month was expensive.

I did have this happen with another medication and talked to my doctor about it. I am on a drug called Stelara for psoriatic arthritis. I get a shot every 8 weeks and have been for about 6 years now. This is a new drug and the cost to my insurance is 18,000 per injection. They determine the dose on your weight. As soon as my weight went below 200, they dropped me to half the dose which does not work by the way. My doctor tried to push it through 2 different insurance companies an they would only approve the 45ML dose.

So, my doctor went to the drug rep and told them about it and now Stelara drops off a second 45ml injection at my doctors office in my name. I was shocked and have moved states. I cannot change doctors because I guarantee you another doctor that doesn't know my history would do that. This doctor actually saved my life. I had been hospitalized with a fast moving staff infection in my left foot & leg as well as my right hand and arm. They brought him in for a second opinion and I thank goodness everyday for meeting him. I had been incorrectly diagnosed my whole life until 6 years ago when that happened.

If you have a good relationship with your doctor, see if they know of any programs that the Linzess team can assist with.

It might help? I know I would not want to give up Linzess either. That stuff works great.

Do you have insurance.

I have Aetna, Well Care Level A, with Prescription drug coverage by CVS Caremark. The last time I was able to fill out my Linzess prescription it was $25. As per the insurance documentation, "Retail Brand (30-day supply) When no generic alternative is available* $25 copay." The script had no refill authorization so I had to call the office to send another script. Boy did I get sticker shock. The pharmacists tried calling my insurance for me but was kept on hold. When I tried calling they said now I have to pay $230, and I haven't made any changes to my insurance coverage.

I've had chronic Constipation for about 20 years, and now that medication worked for me (Linzess) has become unaffordable (it went from $25 to $230 for 1-month supply). Without taking this med, the dietary restrictions of WLS isn't helping me as I simply can't just "eat more" bulk foods. Anyone with pre-op diagnosis of chronic constipation have any tips? ????

I hear your whoo's. Ive had chronic constipation for years. I literally went 2 months without a bowel movement . Im on Linzess to now but i also started taking a probiotic and ive been going everyday. They did this test on my bowels 3 yrs ago. Had me eat these eggs that had dye in them but you didnt taste it. You eat them and then they put you under a xray and for 90 minutes those eggs shouldve been down into my intestines, they were still where they started. They said i have a slow intestinal track. So thjs sleeve maybe a good thing for me. But yes, get a great probiotic

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

What I'm I doing wrong because Linzess does not work for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Lifestylechange45

@@Lifestylechange45, Linzess didn't work for me either. I take different medications for a chronic pain condition and was changed to Movantik. I take Benefiber and Natural Calm daily and Movantik every 2 days. If I deviate from this even a little I am in trouble.

Thanks everyone. Between what the CVS pharmacy tech told me ($110), the CVS Caremark phone operators ($230), and the Caremark website ($175), I was quoted 3 different prices for a 30 day supply.

However the website displayed that a 90 day supply would have been $60. I called Caremark and they said that $60 may not be the actual cost, and the pharmacy tech said it's showing $30 on their computer.

I have probably never been this happy to poop since the potty training years. bmi.png

@@Lifestylechange45, Linzess didn't work for me either. I take different medications for a chronic pain condition and was changed to Movantik. I take Benefiber and Natural Calm daily and Movantik every 2 days. If I deviate from this even a little I am in trouble.

I need to talk with my GI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Omg I was just talking about this!!! Smh

I've struggled with severe Constipation. To the point where I had to use enema bags to get release every 3 to 4 days because I lost the urge to go completely.

I've struggled all my life and 54 years old.

I tried it all!!@@@@.....Then one day I discovered Dr Shultz (AKA Herbdoc.) "Formula one". It works and works good!!!! I go several times a day now and I'm consistent. Been regular for 3 years since starting it. I take it everyday religiously.

My skin has changed and body.I'm all around heathier and I get the urge to go like normal people are suppose too.

I started out with 3 pills as recommended by my chiropractor. Then I advance to 4 later. Now I'm on the extra strength after 2 years. I prefer 1 pill too and it is powerful stuff. There are no cramps or anything. If you struggle with chronic constipation wait until you see what come out the first 2 days. I was going solid poops almost every 3 hours. All herbs too.

One thing though..it has a hot pepper in it and you want that pill to get down with a good wash of liquids. A couple times I felt it burn but discovered 3 sips of coconut Water fixed it. Bottom line gulp it down...

This stuff is a miracle.

Edited by sleever54