Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day one of my ten day pre op diet, and this is waaaaaay harder than I expected. I'm following the rules so my Protein has me full but my mind is on a constant loop of all foods that I love to eat. At this point it's definitely quite a task to keep my mind on the right track. Any advice??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hiya.

I'm on day 9 of the pre op diet lost 14lbs and it is NOT easy I have surgery on Wednesday so it's preparing me for my entire life to cut back and it's about self control keep busy but in a few days you won't care about food. Hang in there for me weekends are worst but you can do it. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G901F using the BariatricPal App

Thank you! Good luck on your surgery!!

Awww thank you so much. Very nervous but very prepared and excited. I'm day 11 on the pre op diet and I'm okay little dehydrated. Keep your 2 litres of Water going that also helps... good luck also x

Thanks for the water tip bc I'm definitely behind on my water intake. Since your getting surgery Wednesday, and I get mine next Tuesday. You and I could be surgery buddies

Hiya.

Yess sure I have a few buddies I talk too also would love another! I'm from London UK. where do you live USA?

Yepp I'm in North Carolina....well I don't have any surgery buddies so it really would be great to have one lol

Ahhh my friend who I was jst skyping lives in NC he's from Durham. Ahhh yea sure I'd be happy too be your buddy. It's going to be fine soo excited though and to have 1 month off work.

Lucky u! I'm only taking two weeks off.

Ahhh Yeh 1 month off to heal properly. In London the time off depends on your job. I work with children so I have to be healed correctly before I go back.

My job only let me get a week off, but my surgeon says I should be fine since it's a desk job. Going to bring a binder just in case though cause he says that'll help me a lot.

Getting sleeved 9/26/16

Sw:325

Current:308

Goal:170

Edited by mandabaz

Yepp I'm in North Carolina....well I don't have any surgery buddies so it really would be great to have one lol

I'm in Winston Salem, NC! I had gastric bypass on Wednesday September 7th, 2016. Feel free to contact me so we can keep each other motivated!

Hi Melanie. I am finding all these pre op diet are all so different. My Surgeon told me 3 pints of milk, 2 liters of Water, veg and also I am allowed a glass of lemonade in the evening. He told me a big NO about the shakes. But sod that I have found a good high Protein Shake on line and its nice, so I have been adding that to my milk. I am on day 12 and to be honest I have gone past the hunger stage. I also had trouble in the toilet department, so the old laxative came out. I am getting frustrated now with the waiting, just wanting it over with now. I wish you all the very best and a good speady recovery. Its nice to hear from a person from the UK as there are so many Americans on here. lol Love the Americans :D

Hi Melanie 89. I wish you well for Wednesday. You have done really well on your pre diet, I bet your really pleased with yourself. I have my surgery on Friday at Kings College in London under Mr Ramar. I know you are from the UK Where are you having your surgery?

Hi Jody.
Aww thank you so much yes I am on day 12 of my pre op diet and I write this whilst drinking my 2nd one for the day ha! Yeh I am so proud of myself because I thought I would of cheated but I haven't. Yes I am having mine with Dr Sufi at the Whittington in archway London. Ahh you are friday how amazing are you scared? How do you find your pre op diet shakes? I have the asda Meal Replacement vanilla and chocolate I prefer vanilla though one they taste like ice cream because I put ice in it just 2 cubes and blitz it in my nutribullet. Ahhh nearly there how much have you lost?

Well my surgery is tomorrow 9/13/16 and I just ended my preop liquid diet on yesterday 9/11. I have lost about 14lbs during this time. I'm also very glad I'm not the only one that has been feeling weak towards the end of it...I even passed out twice from the Georgia heat at a cemetery during the burial rites..I was so embarrassed but otherwise that's the worst of it. I'm excited for tomorrow but also nervous about the pain but my doc gives a PCA pump so hopefully it won't be to bad.

Well 2 weeks from today, is the big day..... Still not nervous, scared, or excited. I just want to get it done and over with. So I can get back to a normal life and be healthy.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am scheduled for tomorrow too. Good luck!

Well my surgery is tomorrow 9/13/16 and I just ended my preop liquid diet on yesterday 9/11. I have lost about 14lbs during this time. I'm also very glad I'm not the only one that has been feeling weak towards the end of it...I even passed out twice from the Georgia heat at a cemetery during the burial rites..I was so embarrassed but otherwise that's the worst of it. I'm excited for tomorrow but also nervous about the pain but my doc gives a PCA pump so hopefully it won't be to bad.

I am glad to hear your surgery went well and you're doing well. I will be joining you on the other side tomorrow. lol keep us posted. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Well I had my surgery today at 7:30. The doctor said it went amazing and I'm telling you the pain is barely existent. I started drinking Clear liquids around 4 o'clock today and I've been walking a lot which definitely helps with the pain. The only downfall is how extremely dry and mouth is been LOL. I guess it's a small price to pay

I have been thinking a lot about the changes that we are all about to take and I know this is the best decision we are making because this means that we are making a difference for our self. Do not let nobody put you down or make u fell bad. A lot of changes are coming. ARE U PREPARE????

That is how I feel.My surgery is on the 28th and I know I want this, but I do not want to fail. Like I know I have to change so many things. I read your previous post about gaining weight even though you changed things. Same things happened to me.I take responsibility to a point, but I stopped ALL caffeine and soda, We got this.