Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats everyone on your dates! I am nervous because my surgeon wants me to be 330 and I just got back from my vacation to come home and find out I gained a little bit of weight. Now I need to lose 13 pounds before September 1st. I am nervous I won't be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats everyone on your dates! I am nervous because my surgeon wants me to be 330 and I just got back from my vacation to come home and find out I gained a little bit of weight. Now I need to lose 13 pounds before September 1st. I am nervous I won't be able to.

You can do it! Be strict with the liquid diet and the weight will drop off super easily. I lost 16 lbs in one week on it. Its hard to stick to, but to drop weight quickly it does work wonders.

Drink lots of Water (add lemon) and tea. You will probably need a liquid only diet to lose 13 lbs in a 9 days. Good luck.

Thanks @@KristenLe and @crystals86. I was thinking the same thing. Bad thing about it is that I only have a 3 days required liquid diet per my surgeon.

Can I ask you ladies how your typical day looks on a liquid diet. Like what do you consume and how much and how often?

Thanks @@KristenLe and @crystals86. I was thinking the same thing. Bad thing about it is that I only have a 3 days required liquid diet per my surgeon.

Can I ask you ladies how your typical day looks on a liquid diet. Like what do you consume and how much and how often?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal Ap

yeah, mine was required for 2-3 weeks but I decided to do it earlier because he wanted me to lose a little more weight before surgery as well. its easy to lose 10 lbs a week doing it, its just hard to stick to.

For me, i am allowed 1 serving of dairy and a small salad with sugar free dressing. So in the morning I will have a Protein shake (I really like the premier ones), and a yogurt. For lunch I will do Jello, chicken broth, and a Protein shake. Then for dinner I will have a small salad and a Protein Shake. And for dessert either sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles. Now, there are some days where i know myself and my habits to know well enough that I am gonna binge if i dont eat something. So i will do a lean Protein (4 oz, usually fish or chicken) and some veggies. I stay in ketosis the entire time which is good because you lose weight the quickest once in ketosis.

Got my date today for the upcoming gastric bypass. It will be on Monday September 26th. My surgeon is asking for a 2 week high protein/no carb pre-op diet, but it does not need to be liquid except for the last 24 hours.

Glad to have a date. It seems to have finally settled my mind as I now have a definite target to shoot for: 30 or so days to get as healthy as possible with diet and exercise so as to hopefully have an easier and safer surgery and recovery.

Best of luck to all of you September surgery buddies!

So I have my date set for the 22 of September and Im a little bit nervous. anyone out there a September bro or sis that we can encourage each other on this looser path LOL.... This is the Looser path cause we are going ot loooooooooseeeee all of theweight that have hold us in doing a lot of things in life. The tool given to us is to have a better quality in life..... Lets get this party started....!!!!!!!!!

Hi! My surgery date is September 22nd as well! Yayyyyy....I'm so excited! I'm getting the sleeve. Counting down...

I have my surgery scheduled for Sept 26th, not too nervous yet, maybe the beginning of Sept I'll start to get nervous. I'm in Virginia. Wish you all the best of luck on your surgery.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Mine is the 26th too!!! and I'm not nervous just ready, I'm sure once it gets closer we'll find our jitters!

Good luck I do hope all goes well for you, we will have to keep in touch and check on each other.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Kittymom

Hi all, I had my pre op assessment yesterday as my surgery is 15th September. Ive been all really excited and happy with it all, and then it hit me. I am feeling really scared and thinking what the f**k am I doing. My liquid diet starts a week to day, so I am planning to eat everything I love! Is this normal to you all to feel so frightened and have so much doubt . Its al the ' what if it goes wrong' what if I cant eat at all ?

I have waited 5 years for this operation to make sure its the right thing to have, now its here its all too much. It was yesterday having my pre op tests that has shook me up.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

My surgery is September 13th preop liquid diet starts on the 6th(I have to do a week)

Same date but my liquids start on the 30th.