Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering if my sleeve is small enough?

I'll take a guess and say that the OP posted this just to smoke out the naysayers, just a guess..,

I'm almost 3 months out and I would never be able to fit a whole piece of pizza in. After 2 weeks, I wouldn't chance going against the advice of my Nutritionist. I was afraid to try anything that wasn't on my program.

I am not one to scold, but if you are eating like that in two weeks, what will your diet look like in two months or six months? This is definitely a lifestyle change and has to be taken seriously. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Look,I know it was so stupid!! It took me about 45 min to eat,because I took such small bites and chewed it to death. However it was completely crazy. I am totally committed ,and I think it is more head hunger,and I can really tell if I'm hungry or I'm full. This has been my one and only slip,and I want to gag if I have to drink another shake.thanks for all the harsh feedback.i can take it and I deserve it.

I meant to say that I can't really tell if I'm hungry or full.

I meant to say that I can't really tell if I'm hungry or full.

You can't tell early on. The nerves have not reconnected after surgery. This is why it is important to weigh and measure your food and only eat the proper portions. You do not want to stress your staple line. Did your doctor explain all of this to you? The nurses?

The reason you eat in stages after surgery is so you can relearn to eat properly, like a baby. That is why you go in steps, it helps you break bad habits but more than anything it protects your staple line.

You want to protect your sleeve and you don't want it working too hard. This is not the same as a normal diet where you can cheat and get back on the wagon. Very early after surgery, "cheating" is dangerous. Read the complications forum and see what happens to people who have leaks. They spend months in the hospital and have terribly painful recoveries. Is that something you want to risk for pizza?

I have pizza a couple time a month. I make my own low carb pizza at home. You can have pizza in a few short months. Don't risk it now, it is not worth it.

Also, you don't eat to be full. The last thing you want to be with your sleeve is full, it is really uncomfortable. It feels like an elephant sitting on your chest. Your goal is to eat to meet your Protein goals and to not be hungry, not to eat until you full.

If you are battling head hunger, when you are hungry go for a walk or try to drink Water, don't eat off plan.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

They told me this week is puréed and soft food.... And to get about 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water. But they didn't say how many calories or how many oz to eat at a sitting.im just really confused.

They told me this week is puréed and soft food.... And to get about 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water. But they didn't say how many calories or how many oz to eat at a sitting.im just really confused.

If you are confused then call them and ask. You should know how many oz you should eat and you should know what to eat. If they don't tell you then it is your responsibility to find out. Get them to give you a concrete list of what to eat, when, and a sample menu

Call and get clarification. My plan had very specific quantities and foods to eat (and to avoid). No bread, dough, Pasta, rice (long term). You may not feel full during this stage. Don't test it though. You really can do some serious damage.

@@Km77942009

I was given a whole book at my nutrition class before surgery that told me the stages and amounts I should be eating each week. Starting with 2 ounces and working my way up.

If you are meeting your Protein goals and getting your fluids in. You just have to work on your head hunger. Do you have something to distract you when you are battling head hunger?

So I'm 12 days post op,and I ate a slice of pizza,and I reall chewed it.but I didn't full totally full.is this strange or a bad thing? Help

I read this initial post......and thought you were joking with us.

So......I laughed....thinking that you really served that one up good and would get several bites. You did and you did.

Then I see the joke is actually on me in that.......you really did this. You aren't kidding around.

At 12 days with a healing stomach that has been 85% removed and sutured......you went all in. You did what we all wanted to do but were scared.

Not sure if this makes you a hero or just insanely brave, but in either case I'd suggest sticking with the shakes and Water until you can meet face to face with your surgeon, NUT and the person who did your psyche evaluation. You really need some understanding that each of these three can provide. Your safety and future wls effectiveness are at stake.

I'm not trying to be a jerk.......but seriously......proceed with caution. You are in healing mode right now.

Didn't they give you handouts with the post WLS diet phases, the foods you can eat during them, etc.?

If not ask them for it. If they don't have one, there are reputable sources online.

You won't see pizza on it at 12 days, even if you are in the pureed or soft food phase and toss a slice in the blender.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

A question like this is most commonly going to be responded with things like: "OMG YOU ATE pizza AT 12 DAYS WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HURT YOURSELF AND NOT FOLLOWING THE SURGEONS GUIDELINES".

I think that answer is overdone on questions like this, and does not answer the initial question the poster asked. The question was not "Did I break my surgeon's rules?" or "Should I be eating pizza at 12 days post op?" The question the poster asked was "Is my sleeve small enough".

Everyone knows eating pizza 12 days post op probably is not a good idea - but as I have mentioned over and over again on this website, every one of us has a food addiction or we wouldn't need surgery. She did not eat the pizza to personally offend those of you who followed every rule down to the very last crumb, nor did she eat the pizza with intent to hurt herself.

My response to the initial question is to not focus on how much you CAN eat and weigh out what you should be eating. Get a good food scale, and probably try making sure what you're eating is about 4 ounces. I always thought I could eat more than others with my sleeve, but my restriction has been about the same since I was a month out. I am 5 months out right now, and about a month ago I tried a slice of pizza. I ate everything but the crust, and the toppings off of another. I was FULL.

Think of it this way, though - before surgery you probably could have eaten 5 slices or more (at least I know I could have). One slice is not much. Just be careful with introducing carbs and foods like that into your diet so early. They say carbs are "slider foods" and pizza would probably be easier to eat than something like grilled chicken which is Protein dense.

@@provenzee the responses were in reaction to the seriousness of the OPs eating pizza 12 days post op. It's actually hard to believe that the concern was whether her stomach was small enough. My response and many others were to make sure the OP knew that this was extremely dangerous. It's not a matter of just eating carbs and impacting weight loss or how much someone can eat - it's about possibly causing life threatening complications. Many of us do have or had food issues and if they are uncontrolled they need to be addressed ASAP. It's scary to see so many similar posts of people not following physician orders post-op. My response was out of concern.

Edited by KristenLe