Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Lunu. I was where you are now. Everything tasted horrible... Even Water. Your body is in ketosis and is burning fat for food. So you will have a bad taste in your mouth and it makes things taste bad. I had surgery on June 21st and the bad taste has gone for the most part and things taste better. I still can't do shakes anymore they just make me feel ill. But I try to drink as much Water as I can everyday. Some times I will get 64 oz but it's a rare occasion. Typically it's around 40 oz. Try Crystal Light lemonade or a similar product. The sourness of it make it easier for me to drink when things were not tasting so good. Everyone has there good days and their bad ones post surgery. I think you will find here that as more time has past your bad days are fewer and fewer and the good ones are more and more. It will get better.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey everyone! Just checking in. I have had a cough for three weeks now...I can breathe fine but the cough has gotten worse the past couple of days. So I am calling my clinic in the morning to see what meds I can take and then probably headed to local clinic to get some relief. School starts back a week from tomorrow and I neeeeed to feel better. Right now I am exhausted from coughing so much! I have done pretty good on food overall and on Tuesday, I am on pretty much a regular diet minus beef and pork. Yay! I love the egg recipe. I am not a big egg person but I might try that and see how I do :)

I had mine 6/27 and I'm to the point where I can start intruding normal food into my diet but I'm finding it hard still. But honestly I think the problem is I'm just scared I'm gonna mess up lol I know that sounds dumb. So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for quick and easy Breakfast ideas that I can take to work with me or the best Protein bars that they've found?

I found a recipe for Breakfast bites that use grated cauliflower and cheese as the 'crust', then you add an egg. I'll find it and post it later, I'm going to try to make them tomorrow and freeze them.

I had surgery June 39th and not sure if I did the right thing. I'm very tired and weak feel okay one day and sick the next. No food tastes good or even Water. Can not get 64oz of liquid in s day for nothing. To top it all off I've hardy lost any weight. I don't even get on the scales anymore. What am I doing wrong? ??

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Do you want to talk about what you're eating/drinking and see if any of us can point out anything that might look out of whack? I agree completely with donell1000 that you need to speak to your nutritionist/dietitian ASAP, but maybe we can offer some suggestions based on what we're all doing. How much Water are you managing? If you're dehydrated, you're going to feel terrible, and you may not lose much because of it. My top priority is water, Protein is a close second. Please let us know how you're doing, ok?

I wish Maggie would poke her head in and let us know what's up with her :(

One more post and I'm done, I promise! This one is a rant/lament.

I went grocery shopping with my son this afternoon, and I had the WORST time seeing all the chips and Cookies and baked goods. I'm over a month out now and this is the first time I've really wanted something junky...of course, I didn't allow myself to buy any of it, but MAN, I could have chowed down on some donuts from the deli! Now I'm at home, I had half of a Syntrax nectar and I'm fine, but....it was hard. I told myself that I've broken the sugar monster and that it would be stupid for so many reasons to even consider a BITE of something like that, but the other voice, the BAD voice, was trying very hard to sway me! I'm thankful my son was there (he's on a high protein/low carb diet getting ready for college soccer season) to help me through it.
Have any of you had a craving that strong? I've barely been hungry, so it totally shocked me to have such a strong gut reaction to seeing crappy junk food.

I went grocery shopping with my son this afternoon, and I had the WORST time seeing all the chips and Cookies and baked goods. I'm over a month out now and this is the first time I've really wanted something junky...of course, I didn't allow myself to buy any of it, but MAN, I could have chowed down on some donuts from the deli! Now I'm at home, I had half of a Syntrax nectar and I'm fine, but....it was hard. I told myself that I've broken the sugar monster and that it would be stupid for so many reasons to even consider a BITE of something like that, but the other voice, the BAD voice, was trying very hard to sway me! I'm thankful my son was there (he's on a high protein/low carb diet getting ready for college soccer season) to help me through it.

Have any of you had a craving that strong? I've barely been hungry, so it totally shocked me to have such a strong gut reaction to seeing crappy junk food.

I never thought I was a foodie until I got sleeved. Things that I just did subconsciously are blatant and they are wrong. When I am tempted, a little voice pops into my ear and asks "How long will you be dead?"

This is just the beginning of a new life. Life will open up in so many different wonderful ways. We will say to ourselves "So this is what is meant by "When you have your health, you have everything"

I never thought I was a foodie until I got sleeved. Things that I just did subconsciously are blatant and they are wrong. When I am tempted, a little voice pops into my ear and asks "How long will you be dead?"

This is just the beginning of a new life. Life will open up in so many different wonderful ways. We will say to ourselves "So this is what is meant by "When you have your health, you have everything"

I need to trade my evil little voice for your angelic one, Donell1000!

You know, when I was doing my research about having WLS, I read so much about 'starting a new life', etc and kind of brushed it off as melodrama or being overly 'feely' about things. I'm a pragmatist, so I looked at the surgery as a tool to help me lose weight, nothing more or less. But some of the changes that have come about are truly life altering and are making me look at the procedure as more of a global change in my world than just a restriction of my stomach size. I LOVE the way you always have something spiritual and positive to say!

I need to trade my evil little voice for your angelic one, Donell1000!

You know, when I was doing my research about having WLS, I read so much about 'starting a new life', etc and kind of brushed it off as melodrama or being overly 'feely' about things. I'm a pragmatist, so I looked at the surgery as a tool to help me lose weight, nothing more or less. But some of the changes that have come about are truly life altering and are making me look at the procedure as more of a global change in my world than just a restriction of my stomach size. I LOVE the way you always have something spiritual and positive to say!

Thank you for the kind words. One of the most important things that I have learned in this life is that change is something one either directs to or goes through. When we direct ourselves to change, we know where we have been, we know where we are and we know where we want to be. When we go through changes we get up, look in the mirror and ask ourselves, "How in the world did I get here?" When one directs to change, one must...

Now here's the really good part. Even if your married or single, you'll fall in love again (if there is a person currently in your life, you will feel the magic as if you two are meeting for the first time again). The most unique people always have the hardest time finding a match, and you're one of a kind. Just remember, you don't attract what you want. You attract what you are.

Love,

donell1000

Went to a clinic today for my cough and surprise! It could be my blood pressure medicine. Huh. I haven't had any congestion, chest or sinus, so it makes sense. Been coughing my head off. Hoping that burns some calories bc I have zero energy to exercise right now. I couldn't sleep hardly at all for coughing last night. Tried some rotisserie chicken today and it went down fine stomach wise, though it made me cough like crazy lol.

Went to a clinic today for my cough and surprise! It could be my blood pressure medicine. Huh. I haven't had any congestion, chest or sinus, so it makes sense. Been coughing my head off. Hoping that burns some calories bc I have zero energy to exercise right now. I couldn't sleep hardly at all for coughing last night. Tried some rotisserie chicken today and it went down fine stomach wise, though it made me cough like crazy lol.

The BP meds got me as well. I would stand up, get light-headed and pass out. My BP was 80 over 35. I asked my surgeon "How long will it take for me to no longer need my BP meds?" He told me immediately. Wow.

I had surgery 6/28/16, lost 27 lbs in three weeks and have now stalled and only consuming between 500-800 calories/day.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

This thread makes me depressed. I was sleeved 6/22, lost 12 pounds in the first 3 weeks (mostly because of a LOT of cardio) but have been stalled for the last 9 days.

I feel great and have zero side effects, but I keep waiting for the freakin' weight loss to begin! Everyone else has pounds "melting off" and I have to literally sweat it off to lower my weight, just like pre-surgery.

This thread makes me depressed. I was sleeved 6/22, lost 12 pounds in the first 3 weeks (mostly because of a LOT of cardio) but have been stalled for the last 9 days.

I feel great and have zero side effects, but I keep waiting for the freakin' weight loss to begin! Everyone else has pounds "melting off" and I have to literally sweat it off to lower my weight, just like pre-surgery.

Not everyone has pounds melting off. You have lost 34 pounds total and that is a lot of weight. Your body doesn't know preop from post op weight loss. It is healing and adjusting. Make sure you are getting your Protein, Water and enough calories in so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

Not everyone has pounds melting off. You have lost 34 pounds total and that is a lot of weight. Your body doesn't know preop from post op weight loss. It is healing and adjusting. Make sure you are getting your Protein, Water and enough calories in so your body doesn't go into starvation mode.

I average 125g Protein, no worries! Only 800-1000 cals (max 1200 on a heavy workout day), but that is per my dietician's precise instructions.

Your take on "Your body doesn't know preop from post op weight loss" is interesting. I lost 21 pounds in the month before surgery, so it sure seems like post-op - with reduced hunger and forcibly smaller portion size, not to mention a two-week liquid diet - I'd be losing MORE than that, you know? I mean, the surgery is meant to make us lose weight, not just maintain it. But that didn't happen. The loss I had was mostly from crazy cardio.

I just didn't think losing weight with the sleeve would be this hard. I read posts about the three-week stall, but that's AFTER someone loses, like, 30 pounds or so!

I guess my frustration is exacerbated by the fact that I self-paid. This was a very, very expensive 12 pounds. :/