Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Thank you, thank you for everyone fessing up to being scared. I am. I really am. Its huge and I know it will be good for me but it is a part of your body they are removing and its for a lifetime. I know it will be a memory before we know it and we will be living with it and doing well. My brain won't shut off and is really going a million miles an hour. I'm not afraid of the surgery; I'm afraid of the change and wanting not to screw up.

Love the comment about the Gas-x strips. One of the girls in my classes got that same advice that she shared with me. I got the baby gas liquid drops and hope that helps. I was also instructed to sleep in a recliner, chair or elevate the mattress for a few days.

Pain - One friend said they had no pain and only gas in the shoulder. Said they were fine with everything they drank by day 5. Another friend told me she was in a lot of pain. She also did not do the liquid diet for the two weeks and I believe that has something to do with that.

All of us will have a different experience but that is what I am looking to hear. It helps all of us and we learn what works. Thanks and keep the info coming. Its good!

Yeah I've slept the first 5 nights elevated, and it's helped. I did the full 2 week liquid diet and still had a lot of pain, so I'm not sure. I just know everyone is different, no experience will be the same. Mostly just prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

MissKay you sound like you are doing great! What is your diet now that your are home? What are you drinking and how are you getting your Protein in? Do you have a system or are you just sipping throughout the day all day?

Looks like a busy week for surgery coming up. I am ready to get the surgery behind me.

Biggismall-hope you are doing well.

June 22 is my day. I'm feeling pretty calm now but it kinda doesn't feel real. For anyone who has had the surgery, any advice? Do you think it's necessary to have a support person there while I'm in the hospital or would they just be sitting around watching me sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

BiggiSmalls - how did you do? I hope you see this!

Suzzz I'm nervous too. I'm dreaming weird dreams, a little hungry and there are bats in my stomach where butterflies used to be ;)

Please anyone viewing come back and keep up with us in your June group so we can learn from each other.

I'm feeling more human today. Saturday was one sleeping blur. I was able to drink some chicken stock and Water, but I have a strong gag reflex and sense of taste is off. I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that I've had it done.

Thanks for the update BiggiSmalls! Glad it is going well. As I pack my bags it helps to you you are well!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Had mine on Friday 6/17 and in already home driving and all!! Little pain and the small scars are a lot better than I was expecting. Good luck. So far it's the best decision I ever made!!

Biggismalls-good to hear you are on the mend!

Jcbaker- wishing you the best tomorrow.

Moetr-wow. Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Suzzzzz

Where are you in Texas. I'm in the DFW area.

Mine is scheduled for the 30th, this week I see the surgeon before Surgery. Feeling excited and nervous. My endoscopy was last week and since I have pain in my tummy. They said I have gastritis. Hoping it won't delay things. I'm starting liquids tomorrow.

Suzzzzz

Where are you in Texas. I'm in the DFW area.

Me too, specifically Dallas. Nice to "meet you"!

BiggiSmalls - how did you do? I hope you see this!

Suzzz I'm nervous too. I'm dreaming weird dreams, a little hungry and there are bats in my stomach where butterflies used to be ;)

Please anyone viewing come back and keep up with us in your June group so we can learn from each other.

I'm feeling more human today. Saturday was one sleeping blur. I was able to drink some chicken stock and Water, but I have a strong gag reflex and sense of taste is off. I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that I've had it done.

Congratulations Biggi! I'm right behind you. Tuesday (tomorrow). I have had a few people tell me their taste was off. I made tons of bone broth and froze it in the freezer in one ounce cubes so I can learn to sip through the day. Did they make you do a lot of walking? I was told I was going to have to take a walk every two hours in the hospital. Keep us updated on how you are doing. So happy for you!

Mine's suppost to be tomorrow..I'm waiting a call from insurance to see if they are going to cover it or If they gonna have to cancel...really nervous at this point...today is just Clear Liquids no shakes..

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App