Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am tomorrow! July 13th!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Good luck!

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you much!

Best of luck!! I'm on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am tomorrow! July 13th!

Good luck!

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you much!

Best of luck!! I'm on Friday.

Thanks to all for the well wishes! I'll post again as soon as I get my phone back after surgery!

Hi all - I'm 2 days post op. I really thought I would want to be alone in hospital but I was quite emotional especially when I woke up. I was very glad to have my mum with me day 1 and dad with me day 2. Probably means I'm a sook but I'm so glad they insisted when I said I didn't need them. On the plus very little pain and no hunger. Good luck all!

My date is 8/17/2016 i'm so excited

surgery.png?ts=1468395291

Edited by Ladyt1021

At the hospital doing my pre-op testing! One step closer to Monday!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

2 days post-op now. Abdomen still pumped up like a balloon. Getting up from the bed is nightmarish. I can't take any more of that foul broth, so Water is my friend. The stomach brace is my other friend. Make sure you have one before srgy, you won't regret it. Looks like going home today.

Good luck to you all.

Chuck

2 days post-op now. Abdomen still pumped up like a balloon. Getting up from the bed is nightmarish. I can't take any more of that foul broth, so Water is my friend. The stomach brace is my other friend. Make sure you have one before srgy, you won't regret it. Looks like going home today.

Good luck to you all.

Chuck

I have also bought a stomach binder!

Can you post a link to the stomach brace/stomach binders you are talking about. Thanks.

It feels so real today! I'm 2 weeks from surgery and started the preop diet this morning. I didn't think this day would be so emotional. It feels so real though. It feels like I've just stepped through some big door, saying good bye to the past and doing a slow walk down the hall to the future. Wow. I'm excited and scared, and a little sad to say good bye to some foods and the way of eating I've always known. Phew...my new life awaits me!

Can you post a link to the stomach brace/stomach binders you are talking about. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-4-Panel-Abdominal-Binder-2X-Large/dp/B009GPZD5W

I got this one, it gets good reviews, and feels sturdy yet comfortable when I tried It on. I just know that with my luck, I'll have to cough or sneeze like crazy after surgery, and I will need something to help it not hurt so bad.

July 26!!!!!!! Im beyond excited and working on my list of what i will need in the hospital during my two nught stay. Did u guys who have had the surgery already have someone stay overnight with you??? attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1468367769.597355.jpg

That's the day after my birthday! I was sleeved the 6th, and my husband offered to stay the night with me both nights I was in the hospital. I had a great recovery, though, and declined. I wanted him to get a good night's sleep so he could take care of me, but he ended up sleeping about as poorly as I did the first night. They came in to check my vitals or give me another IV or refill my pain pump so frequently I barely slept. I was also really uncomfortable in the bed. My back was hurting and I couldn't shift my hips around due to the pain, and I couldn't really move my legs due to the air socks I had to sleep in. I slept better the second night, but I would have just made my husband more miserable if he had stayed with me. There wasn't anything he could have done to help, and I would have just been whiny.

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-4-Panel-Abdominal-Binder-2X-Large/dp/B009GPZD5W

I got this one, it gets good reviews, and feels sturdy yet comfortable when I tried It on. I just know that with my luck, I'll have to cough or sneeze like crazy after surgery, and I will need something to help it not hurt so bad.

The hospital provided me with a binder. I wore it the whole time I was in the hospital because it was holding my drain in place and it helped with the soreness. Once I came home, I wore it most of the first day (3rd day post-op), slept in it, wore it off and on the second day, slept in it, and haven't worn it since. I made a support band like expectant mothers and post-partum mothers wear out of an old tank top like this: http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/how-to-make-a-no-sew-belly-band/ I wear it folded down to support my jiggle while leaving my wounds mostly uncovered.

I'm home, the first two days was rough I didn't think I was going to make it through it.I could not take any of the pain medication and everything I drink came right back up. but I spoke with my doctor and he said it was because of the swelling this is day 3 post op. All foods smell horrible. I have absolutely NO appetite. But, i feel so much better! for all the new sleever's hang in it does get better each day