Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

I had VSG done Wed. July 13th @@Kaiser Richmond and I have had so much pain from the anesthesia gas and I've been walking like crazy. Dilottit every hr, with zofran for nausea. Its worth it for sure, but it sure has been difficult to get this gas out of my chest. Plus it took me forever to go pee for the first time!!!!! Aweful. I feel a bit better today, possibly from all the walking. But its hard to drink since my throat Is sooooo sore from the breathing tube.

Sorry to sound like a whining baby, lol, I know it's what I signed up for, just wanted to tell everyone how my experience is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

I had VSG done Wed. July 13th @@Kaiser Richmond and I have had so much pain from the anesthesia gas and I've been walking like crazy. Dilottit every hr, with zofran for nausea. Its worth it for sure, but it sure has been difficult to get this gas out of my chest. Plus it took me forever to go pee for the first time!!!!! Aweful. I feel a bit better today, possibly from all the walking. But its hard to drink since my throat Is sooooo sore from the breathing tube.

Sorry to sound like a whining baby, lol, I know it's what I signed up for, just wanted to tell everyone how my experience is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for the update, I am scheduled for my surgery tomorrow, kinda want to know what I'm in for. I hope that you continue to feel better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm scheduled for the 25th. good luck to you 18! I wish it would hurry up and get here...:) Nancy K.

My surgery is tomorrow morning, I'm really nervous about this, I need something to calm my nerves. Any suggestions to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I go tomorrow as well and would be lying if I didn't say I was nervous. No problem with the liquid diet today since I don't even want to think about anything going in my mouth. Looking at everyone's post-op post this is completely normal and just some anticipation anxiety. Think of it this way, this time next week you'll be well into recovery. Best of luck and prayers for everyone going tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is tomorrow morning, I'm really nervous about this, I need something to calm my nerves. Any suggestions to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I go tomorrow as well and would be lying if I didn't say I was nervous. No problem with the liquid diet today since I don't even want to think about anything going in my mouth. Looking at everyone's post-op post this is completely normal and just some anticipation anxiety. Think of it this way, this time next week you'll be well into recovery. Best of luck and prayers for everyone going tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks and you as well

My surgery is July 26th. I am 2 days into my liquid diet. I have been so excited, but I am now starting to freak out. I'm a nervous person anyway, but now I am asking myself all of the questions and what ifs. I am terrified of the actual surgery and even more scared of making all the right decisions after. Any other worry warts out there and what are you doing?

My surgery is the same day. I've been praying constantly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Have nookie time to relax your nerves.

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

I would, if I wasn't single and celebrate.....lol

Hi, I'm scheduled for the 25th. good luck to you 18! I wish it would hurry up and get here... :) Nancy K.

I am on the 26th. Good Luck!!

I've got my surgery date for 7-18-16. Nervous. Anyone else have a July surgery date scheduled?

July 26th!! Also very nervous

I've got my surgery date for 7-18-16. Nervous. Anyone else have a July surgery date scheduled?

Well my surgery is on the 25th of July. I've decided to have my gallbladder removed and have some extra time getting good habits in place. Same date just different surgery. I'll be having the gastric sleeve about 8 weeks after I'm healed up from the gallbladder surgery. I love the fact that the surgeon I have is so careful that she will absolutely not take out the gallbladder and do the gastric sleeve at the same time. She rocks my socks off! Stay well all, and chin up those that are almost at their's respective dates! :)

My surgery is July 26th. I am 2 days into my liquid diet. I have been so excited, but I am now starting to freak out. I'm a nervous person anyway, but now I am asking myself all of the questions and what ifs. I am terrified of the actual surgery and even more scared of making all the right decisions after. Any other worry warts out there and what are you doing?

We are sleeve sisters! Mine is July 26th also. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow to get preop diet, etc. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get! I'm in the same boat as you. On top of it, I've put all these things I want to get done b4 the surgery on my plate (have windows and carpets washed, house clean, laundry done, etc.) I know realistically what gets done gets done and what doesnt is no big deal. The fear of the unkown is what we have right now and there's nothing we can do about it till we are going through it. (Except ask lots of questions, watch youtube vids of other people's experiences and read) We will be fine, and we will take it one hour/day at a time. Everyone who's had it done has said its the best thing they've ever done for themselves.

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Had a weak moment the past couple of days, telling myself I should eat one last big takeout while I could. I didn't do it, however being on this pre-op and having to say no to that voice really highlights my food addiction. It's like an addict wanting another fix. I'm seeing results from the pre-op which has helped me stay strong. And it's good to know I can hear that voice and talk myself out of it. Here's hoping I get stronger at saying no as the journey progresses.

And to those with nerves, I hear ya!

We are sleeve sisters! Mine is July 26th also. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow to get preop diet, etc. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get! I'm in the same boat as you. On top of it, I've put all these things I want to get done b4 the surgery on my plate (have windows and carpets washed, house clean, laundry done, etc.) I know realistically what gets done gets done and what doesnt is no big deal. The fear of the unkown is what we have right now and there's nothing we can do about it till we are going through it. (Except ask lots of questions, watch youtube vids of other people's experiences and read) We will be fine, and we will take it one hour/day at a time. Everyone who's had it done has said its the best thing they've ever done for themselves.

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I totally agree with you, same here I'm up cleaning my house and washing clothes, do meal prep for my son. Just trying to be prepared for I guess whatever comes after the surgery. I will definitely keep posting on what I go through.