Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got home from being sleeved on July 15th. The day after is painful and you will be uncomfortable. It is very hard at first to put anything in your mouth. Day two you should start sipping as much as you can and walk to help with the gas pain. Don't fool yourself...this is a major surgery and you'll feel it. Just keep your sights on the goal and you'll be fine. The only thing I remember the day of is kissing family members an being rolled into the OR. I didn't even know they had already given me the meds to put me out. The next thing I know was waking up in recovery groggy and not knowing where I was. Soon after that I was reunited with family and told it was a four hour procedure and I was going to be very sore. Just trying to find a liquid I can actually tolerate. Best of luck to those going soon and know that everything gets better each day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Day 6 post op (sleeved 7 11) I'm feeling pretty good. I have actually been cooking for my family and I'm still not hungry. My big incision is still very painful when I over do it. Doing a lot of walking. Which help with the gas pain and stiffness. I can't believe I'm not hungry! But I'm glad I'm not!

Uh.... why the EF am I having 2nd thoughts right now?! Haven't questioned this once until tonight. I discovered Keto diet recently (I know... another diet) and I guess because it's something I haven't tried I'm somewhat entertaining the idea of giving it one last shot on my own. Before this liquid diet I really felt controlled by food. It's just interesting how much strength and mental focus comes from eliminating the comforts of food. Perhaps that's why I'm second guessing it. I feel very clear-headed and my desire to succeed in health is amplified. I honestly don't even know what I'm getting at here. I guess this is more of a ramble, and I really don't think I'll back out. It's just an interesting thought process I'm having at the moment.

Uh.... why the EF am I having 2nd thoughts right now?! Haven't questioned this once until tonight. I discovered Keto diet recently (I know... another diet) and I guess because it's something I haven't tried I'm somewhat entertaining the idea of giving it one last shot on my own. Before this liquid diet I really felt controlled by food. It's just interesting how much strength and mental focus comes from eliminating the comforts of food. Perhaps that's why I'm second guessing it. I feel very clear-headed and my desire to succeed in health is amplified. I honestly don't even know what I'm getting at here. I guess this is more of a ramble, and I really don't think I'll back out. It's just an interesting thought process I'm having at the moment.

It's probably crossed a lot of peoples mind. I know a lot of people also follow that diet after the sleeve in order to help further take of weight and maintain in the long run. You have to decide whats best for you. If you are not sure, you can always set your surgery date out a while longer. For me, I know that the newness of the diet would wear off and without the tool of my sleeve, I'd be right back where I am now, plus some. Good luck, and it's your journey so do what's best for you ????

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I actually started my journey last year in november. While waiting for my insurance approval, I tested the liquid diet and yes I lost weight, only to gain it back a month later. when I got the call that my sleeve surgery was approved, the thought instantly crossed my mind that I did NOT need the surgery. Right now, I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner. Listen to your inner self and make the right decision for you. Best of luck and I will be praying for you.

I lost a lot of weight myself and wondered why I needed to cut a perfectly healthy organ. Couldn't I just do it myself and save some $$. Looking at my history of weight loss, yes it's hard to lose, but for me it's harder to keep it off... I'm hoping the sleeve helps with maintenance. It's still a daunting decision though.

Hello. Surgery next week on July 27th. No pre op diet but have lost 60 pounds on supervised diet and 85 from my highest weight (I was already dieting on my own before I decided to have surgery and start the medically supervised diet).. everything is happening so fast now but I'll be glad when it's all over and done.

Wow, fantastic work!

Thanks ????

@@Laughkc11 I think that is normal. I started this process in September so it's been about ten months working hard for this, and now I want to have doubts. Yesterday I looked up well can't skinny people have stretched stomachs too and they're not fat and one website said reducing stomach size really doesn't help with weight loss as it can be stretched right back and that there are indeed skinny people with stretched stomachs, and I'm like oh no am I making a mistake? But I mean I was morbidly obese which is more than just a stretched stomach and I'm on medication that I want to get off of so no more doubting, I'm just going to keep praying and wait, but I am neervvouus ????

Just got home from being sleeved on July 15th. The day after is painful and you will be uncomfortable. It is very hard at first to put anything in your mouth. Day two you should start sipping as much as you can and walk to help with the gas pain. Don't fool yourself...this is a major surgery and you'll feel it. Just keep your sights on the goal and you'll be fine. The only thing I remember the day of is kissing family members an being rolled into the OR. I didn't even know they had already given me the meds to put me out. The next thing I know was waking up in recovery groggy and not knowing where I was. Soon after that I was reunited with family and told it was a four hour procedure and I was going to be very sore. Just trying to find a liquid I can actually tolerate. Best of luck to those going soon and know that everything gets better each day.