Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi , its 3rd day post op, and my first day home.no pain really, some nausea, and discomforting when I drink.

What did your first day home schedule look like with eating, drinking, and meds?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I came home Friday night, tested out different positions, and went to bed. Saturday I woke up around 8 really sore and uncomfortable from sleeping. I took my pain meds, gave myself a blood thinner shot, and took my omeprazole. I started sipping fluids--a sip every 3 minutes, I watched the clock--and took it an hour at a time. I took a shower with my back to the shower head, washed my hair, and got most of the orange off me. On the hour, I'd get up and walk around my apartment a couple times and use my incentive spirometer. I managed to take in 64 oz of fluids that day! At night I chewed my Flintstones Vitamin and figured out how to sleep on my side (I supported my back with another pillow), which led to me sleeping for nearly 12 hours. Each day is going a little better!

Goodmorning everyone! Sending good vibes and prayers for everyone who has surgery today and this weekend! This is the best decision we could have made for ourselves . I'm now 3 days post op and so happy to be waking up in my own bed! I was able to meet my 64 Fl oz and 40 grams of Protein yesterday . If you guys are looking for a good protein that will help you meet your liquid goals as well.. I would recommend Isopure as it's 20 fl oz and 40 grams of protein all in one bottle! They have pretty decent flavors and are on sale at GNC (Buy 3 get one free) . Blue raspberry is my favorite . Sorry if I'm super excited but I can't wait to see where all of us are in 3-6 months!

Congrats! Glad you are doing so well!

@@ladymiz / @ @Stacy43 - They'll probably do your chest x-ray at your pre-op appt. That's when they did mine.

Well tomorrow morning is my last appointment before surgery on the 25th of July! My father is coming with me to learn more about the procedure that I'm having done etc. The surgeon that I have is A plus because each appointment she's said 'I don't want to be the one to say you have to have surgery' And she's been very helpful in the last six months in the pre surgery stage. My dad has his reservations but prayerfully tomorrow he'll feel better about it. :)

Goodmorning everyone! Sending good vibes and prayers for everyone who has surgery today and this weekend! This is the best decision we could have made for ourselves . I'm now 3 days post op and so happy to be waking up in my own bed! I was able to meet my 64 Fl oz and 40 grams of Protein yesterday . If you guys are looking for a good protein that will help you meet your liquid goals as well.. I would recommend Isopure as it's 20 fl oz and 40 grams of protein all in one bottle! They have pretty decent flavors and are on sale at GNC (Buy 3 get one free) . Blue raspberry is my favorite . Sorry if I'm super excited but I can't wait to see where all of us are in 3-6 months!

Congrats! Glad you are doing so well!

Thank you! I finally had my first spell of nausea. But that's so small compared to how great everything else has been! They pushed up my protein intake to 60-80g so I'm working on hitting that. Other than that everything else has been awesome. I'm kind of ready to go back to work but my surgeon wants at least most of my pain to be gone . So hopefully I get to go back Wednesday . I have been walking up to a mile everyday for the past 3 days. I'm down 17.4 pounds since surgery . HW:375 DOS:356 CW:339.2 . So excited for my first beach trip in December .

Hello my surgery is in 10days. I borrowed from from the list and added a few items of my own. If anyone can think of anything else please let me know. I haven't been in the hospital in a while.

Phone

Tablet

2 chargers ( so you can charge both at night)

Slippers and socks

Comfy clothes to go home in.

Pillow

Chap stick

Under clothes

Hygiene products

Eye mask

Note book and pen

Bible

Sent from my N9518 using the BariatricPal App

Don't, forget toothpaste, toothbrush and hairbrush.

5 minutes 'till check-in. What am I doing here???.

Greetings fellow sleevers - pre and post!

I'm starting my list of items to pack for the hospital and thought some of you might have additional ideas.

1. myself

2. chap stick - dry lips

3. pillow - helps getting up and is a buffer between stomach and seatbelt on the ride home

4. GasX strips

5. A book

Any other ideas or suggestions? I'm all ears :)

Charger

Headphones (for whiteniise to drown out noise of nurses, roomate etc...

Snacks..hahaha. Jk. We WONT be needing Snacks

No slip socks/ house shoes

Heating pad

Everyone join in so we get more ideas!!!

I was thinking of bringing a personal CD player with a book on CD to listen to.

You're making your life better! Good luck! :D

You're making your life better! Good luck! :D

God, I hope so. Here comes somebody with a big needle. See you late..........