Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boss asked what I was having surgery for.....

You are welcome!

I just want to make a few comments on this topic

1- it is 100% illegal for your boss to ask you why you are having surgery.....they should know

better. Your HR department is also bound by the law not to reveal your information to anyone.

I think it's sad that he/she asked.

2- I agree that this is a great time in your life, and you shouldn't stress over it. I am a very

private person and don't want anyone to know. (surgery is 6/28) Since my Gall Bladder is also coming out, I just told my office that I was having it removed. I don't like to lie, well its

only 1/2 lie, but I prefer to keep it within my immediate family. Everyone is different.

Best of luck....

I think if you all had a friend like relationship, she was probably asking on a friend level. I have a hard time with the idea that you should go to HR or that this makes her a terrible supervisor/person.

If you told her again that this was personal, she should accept it. If she continues to ask, THEN I can understand making the your feelings known a bit more formally.

My surgery WAS a secret. Made the mistake of telling a few co workers. I left work yesterday for surgery on Monday and found out one of them told the whole office! Out of respect one of them called me to let me know. She preceded to tell me how most of them felt I wasn't fat. And they didn't understand why I'm having it??? I'm 5'3, 230 lbs...clearly over weight. Just trying to stay positive for Monday. This pre-op diet is horrible. I slipped and had a piece of turkey yesterday. I was soooo hungry and not to mention upset. Monday can't come fast enough!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Your only human... but hold on to the railing next time and don't slip anymore... your journey is here... take care...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App