Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any nurses out there with advise

I'm getting sleeved on June 8th asked for 6 days off, I work for a medical practice. I'm worried that's not enough time. I don't have to lift patients or anything too heavy, but I am on my feet for 8 hrs.

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

I'm getting sleeved on the 1st I have 4 weeks off because I actually do have to boost patient up in bed, turn patients, lift patiets, and I work 12-hour days. My job doesn't have light-duty either. I know that certainly doesn't answer your question. But I do know someone who had a desk job and only took 3 days off work post op.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm an RN and also took 4 weeks off. It's not just about the work part of the recovery, but also about hydration hydration hydration. And getting your Protein in. Especially important in early stages of recovery. And for me, there was no way I could do that on a very busy L&D unit.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Doesn't seem enough time off.

I do Bedside Nursing as well. 12 HR Nights. I took FMLA for 4 weeks. Hopefully that will be enough. Bypass surgery is 6/1. I'll go back July 4th weekend.

I am a registered nurse. I am in administration, but walk a lot and stay busy responding to codes, patient complaints and dealing with staff. I took off four weeks and was so glad I did. That gave me plenty of time to allow my body to heal, take naps during the day if I needed it, and also allowed me time to learn how to eat according to my plan. I am glad I didn't go back sooner. However, everyone is different.

I do Case Management and was back to work after 6 days

I am a RN at a large Neuro Center. My job doesn't require heavy lifting. I am going to ask for 3 weeks FMLA and come back after 2 weeks if I am recovering well from RNY bypass.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm getting sleeved July 28, I work in a smaller but very busy and very high acuity ER on nights. I've been open about my surgery, we are a very close knit group and I'm sure I'll get plenty of help with the heavy lifting, which fortunately there isn't too much of. I'm planning on 2-3 weeks off depending on how I'm feeling, I'm agency contract so I don't have PTO, but I have freedom to take off as much time as I want (provided I can afford it!) previous surgeon was very confident I could go back to full duty 2 weeks post RNY tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App