Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Probably about a week or two after I was cleared for full foods. The soft crackers are probably ok on the soft foods plan, but some crackers, like Wheat Thins, tend to have sharp edges.

Crackers are one of my sliders, so I am careful about having them in my house. I can eat crackers all day long and not feel full or sick, so while they are completely acceptable to be eat, they are one of the foods you want to really keep track of how many calories you are eating.

When it was time to stop losing weight.

Seriously, I've been around wls message boards for a long time and "I started eating crackers" is about the most common way I've seen to start off the posts that are headlined something like "Help! I've started gaining weight again!"

No one actually needs crackers. The only thing they are good for is adding more calories (and cravings) into your diet. My advice -- stay far away, at least until you are well into maintenance.

I was hoping that things like crackers and the insanely good hollow pretzels I recently discovered would be difficult to tolerate, being dry and all but nope, I quickly learned that these things are slider foods for me too. (I rarely ate such things before surgery, I don't know why I'm drawn to them now.) I find it just as satisfying and more nutritious to crunch on things like Moon Cheese and Mr. Cheese-Os. (Cheese-O's are CRAZY good) I also portion any such Snacks into 1 oz bags to keep myself in check.

Oh and to answer the original question lol, I dove for the crunchies the day I was cleared for all foods. Promptly gained 5 lbs in 2 days. Went back to Protein immediately and dropped 6 in two days. Beware the crackers!

I haven't eaten any of the crackers I used to love, like Wheat Thins, in the eight months since I had the VSG. I do like Scandinavian-style crispbread that has the consistency of a cracker but is lower in carbs. I'm also much less likely to eat more than one serving. My favorite is actually from IKEA, but there's another brand called Wasa that is available at grocery stores and World Market. By itself it tastes like cardboard, but with toppings it adds that satisfying crunch. I'll have it with Peanut Butter, a poached or scrambled egg, with cheese, or as the base on an open-face sandwich.

How far out did you eat crackers?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 7 months out and I've avoided crackers like the plague.

I had most of my freaking stomach removed to help me lose weight.

Why in hell would I be eating crackers ????????

My post-op experience has been great and I've certainly had some weak moments and backslid here and there.....but planning to have worthless junk food is something I've avoided. The planning part. I've slipped and had them, sure....but dropped them quickly.

I don't know that I'll even fool with crackers once I reach my goal weight, ether. There is simply no nutritional value in any that I've found.

That being said....I do enjoy Quest Protein chips and salsa on occasion. 20 grams of Protein and extremely low carbs.

Sorry if I sound preachy about this.....but crackers piss me off. Crunchy little bastards have been the source of many a stall.

I have had some snack foods starting at about 6 weeks out. But, I make sure to:

- buy them rarely

- buy whole grain/high Fiber

- buy a small package

I also normally look at the # portions and calories per portion and multiply to reckon the total calories in the package. If your "fun food" package has 1500 calories, it's hard to work that into any diet without creating problems.

My NUT said that if you have a cracker or two to be sure to pair it with Protein. tuna, chicken, cheese, lunch meat...etc...

I try to eat my meat and cheese on apple or pear slices, but sometimes I just want the damn cracker. When I do, I go for the original potato variety of Good Thins. Very thin. Very crispy. Less than 1g of carbs per cracker.

Given that I eat 6 at most, I feel that the carb count is a small price to pay for that satisfying cracker crunch.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started eating crackers about 8 weeks out because I started having severe nausea and became unable to eat practically any food. I didn't eat them indiscriminately, though (because I could barely keep anything down). They were PB-smothered crackers for Protein, and I never ate more than a few every day. I practically lived on Peanut Butter crackers, fairlife milk, and Vitamins for six weeks until my sleeve settled (and only on the advice of my doctor). Once I felt better, I weaned myself off the crackers though. They are definitely not something you wanna rely on. If you have room in your tummy, it's best that you leave it for protein and not such an empty nutritional carb.

Ah, crackers! They're much more challenging for me than alcohol, sugar or chocolate combined.

Most crackers are unnutritious, processed slider foods that do not promote either weight loss or weight maintenance and invite me to keep nibbling on them.

However, once I'd lost my weight and wanted to add nutritious calories for maintenance I found a few nutritious crackers with more Protein and Fiber (fewer net carbs) than others, including:

* Wasa crackers (although not all Wasa-branded crackers are nutritious -- read the labels!)

* Doctor Kracker Three Seed Crackers -- my fave. One big cracker has 100 calories, 11 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fat, 5 grams of Protein, and 3 grams of Fiber. I pair one of these crackers with 1 ounce of very sharp thinly sliced full-fat cheddar cheese and a little sugar-free Smuckers strawberry jam. I swear, it's better than cheesecake -- so satisfying and, best, I never want a second helping.

Then there are those nasty crackers so popular because ... yeah, they're slider meth with little nutritional content:

* Wheat Thins

* Saltines

* Club crackers

And then there's the destructive chips / crisps transfer addiction! I can't even type those words without shuddering.

Never. Didn't eat them before surgery, didn't eat them after. They have always seemed like useless calories to me.

I use crisp cucumber slices for mini sandwiches or crackers.

they're slider meth with little nutritional content

Haha, yes. I look at a box of saltines and say, "NOT TODAY, SATAN!"