Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does the neck area ever get better?

I started out at 306 lbs. 6 months supervised diet ended at 280. 2 weeks of Fluid took off 10 more lbs!!! Surgery was 9-21-15. Gastric bypass. I'm now 202. I'm very happy with my progress but I'm really aware of my neck. I have much more weight to lose (I'm 5'2")... As you get closer to goal does the neck skin get any better? I'm much happier with hanging skin than a triple chin but just wanted to ask for others experiences. Thank you post-262792-1462893660332_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the BariatricPal App

Nope. You've stretched your skin out and it will never go back to being normal again. The only solution is plastic surgery. I'm suffering the same thing by the way. My friend jokes and says that I should use chip clips on the back of my neck when I take pics. lol

Edited by Proud2BMe

Only plastic surgery is going to fix that. Sorry :(

I think you're looking pretty good for that kind of weight loss! I have tried a strivectin neck cream that I do like, but I am too lazy for a separate product.

I either use coconut oil, aragon oil or my night cream down my neck to my decolletage. so far, for my age and weight issues I think I'm holding up pretty good. if you're using a product you like on your face, be sure to give it a try on the neck. it won't make you "like new" but it sure couldn't hurt.

@@bjc1971

NO - in my case

i had a face/neck lift a few months ago

I look great!!!

"cute as a button" :rolleyes:

great weight loss

keep up the good work for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life!!

good luck

kathy

@@bjc1971

ooooooooops

double post

sorry

One thing you can try are acid skin peels, like TCA. That might give you some tightening. If you have never done a peel before find a professional.

Nope. You've stretched your skin out and it will never go back to being normal again. The only solution is plastic surgery. I'm suffering the same thing by the way. My friend jokes and says that I should use chip clips on the back of my neck when I take pics. lol

have you seen the commercial for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2? When they pose for a picture "ready on three pull my neck" LOL

I started out at 306 lbs. 6 months supervised diet ended at 280. 2 weeks of Fluid took off 10 more lbs!!! Surgery was 9-21-15. Gastric bypass. I'm now 202. I'm very happy with my progress but I'm really aware of my neck. I have much more weight to lose (I'm 5'2")... As you get closer to goal does the neck skin get any better? I'm much happier with hanging skin than a triple chin but just wanted to ask for others experiences. Thank you attachicon.gif IMAG0403.jpg

I've actually seen people get rid of this problem. Or greatly reduce it. I've seen trials after trials of the IT WORKS! Wraps that people put on their "double chin" and excess skin.. After 3 weeks, you notice a huge difference. It might be worth it to try it.. Much much much cheaper than plastics.. I don't sell it works though, so my advice to you, would be to find someone who does.

Sophie74656 I think that movie clip of them pulling their necks back is hilarious- also I swear it works. I had my husband pull mine back in a picture the other day and there was a noticeable difference- it's cheaper than a face lift. LOL

Unfortunately I don't think anything but surgery will help that loose skin on the neck.

I've noticed some tightening of mine as I am loosing weight. It is still not great, but better than it was. It was the worst when I had lost about 70 pounds, now at 100 a bit better. I wish I could say the same about my upper arms.

If I would volunteer for any kind of plastic surgery, it would be for my "turkey waddle". I hate it!

I swear, on a windy day, my neck skin slaps my ears!!!! :(

I have been looking into dermal rolling which actually said that particular area of the neck is not only extra skin but there's an actual muscle that holds our chin in there and once it goes slack it doesn't go back. It may be that surgery is necessary to correct but certainly other less invasive procedures like fractional "repair", dermal rolling etc cannot hurt. There used to be something called the "lifestyle lift"... That company went out of business but there may be something simpler than a full on facelift. Nonetheless you need a dermatologist and/or facial plastic surgeon's opinion not mine[emoji6]

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment. I'm not sure what route I'll go with my neck.... If anything ... But I sure wish my neck looked a little better. :)