Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoga Confidence

I have always felt semi uncomftorable in group fitness or yoga classes. I'm not sure if it's all the mirrors and funny unappealing angles or what...

I get there early and hide in the back corner where I feel "safe". Well today during my yoga class the back corners were all full and I had to take a spot front and center.....which is have assumed should have caused me a full on panic attack!

But NO!!!!!! I owned it. And felt comftorable in full on skin tight yoga gear, in front of and surrounded by the typical skinny yoga chicks.

And even more mind blowing.....looking in the mirror standing next to them I actually didn't recognize myself. I looked long and lean and like one of those skinny yoga chicks! It blew my mind. No more hiding in the back!

So glad I never let my insecurities get in my head and continued to pursue yoga in addition to the typical "gym stuff". It's seriously become so relaxing, empowering and super helpful with strength and flexibility. :) Highly recommend it to any and everyone!

thanks for sharing! I hope to feel this confident someday. And yoga is a dearly beloved activity for me... I've always dreamed of joining a group or class!

Yoga is wonderful stuff!

Congratulations to you!

thanks for sharing! I hope to feel this confident someday. And yoga is a dearly beloved activity for me... I've always dreamed of joining a group or class!

Def jump in and go for it!!! It's a super positive environment. :) There are literally all fitness levels in most classes.

God bless "full on skin tight yoga gear"...

Well done @@treblecutie23

All men on the planet owe the inventor of this a beer.

@@treblecutie23 - Congrats. That is an amazing NSV. It is startling when you don't recognize yourself for the first time. I remember getting to class late, and all my favorite hide outs were gone. I almost considered bagging the class. It was a great confidence builder not to wimp out. Please feel free to share pictures of your downward dog. (I mean just for pointers and encouragement).

This is so great to hear. I am looking forward to the day I can get on the floor to take a yoga class.

Boy, do I understand this!

Getting down on the floor has been one of my best NSVs from WLS. And not only getting down there, but getting back up again. Sometimes, I swear, I just sit or lie on the floor to enjoy how easy it is to get up again.

It's magnificent! :)

God bless "full on skin tight yoga gear"...

Well done @@treblecutie23

All men on the planet owe the inventor of this a beer.

@@treblecutie23 - Congrats. That is an amazing NSV. It is startling when you don't recognize yourself for the first time. I remember getting to class late, and all my favorite hide outs were gone. I almost considered bagging the class. It was a great confidence builder not to wimp out. Please feel free to share pictures of your downward dog. (I mean just for pointers and encouragement).

Haha. Now that's the real way to a mans heart....

And what shocks me that more men don't come to yoga. ;) lol

This is so great to hear. I am looking forward to the day I can get on the floor to take a yoga class.

Boy, do I understand this!

Getting down on the floor has been one of my best NSVs from WLS. And not only getting down there, but getting back up again. Sometimes, I swear, I just sit or lie on the floor to enjoy how easy it is to get up again.

It's magnificent! :)

Absolutely cannot agree more!!!! I used to hate having to try and get myself up off the floor....even just at home playing with my son.

Now it's not a problem. :) Heck now the only floor problem is how sore it makes my butt now that I've lost all my cushion! lol.

And what shocks me that more men don't come to yoga. ;) lol

Bit of a cheeky comment, but it is something I've long considered but am just a little bit shy about it. My best friend's wife is huge into yoga; does it nearly every day. She's encouraged me to go, and she'd make a good yoga buddy to help me get over my shyness...but she's 2000 miles away. Maybe someday I'll make a go of it.