Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was allowed to start drinking regular coffee by my 6 week checkup. I got the jitters so now enjoy a half half combo for 2c cups in the morning and than change to Decaf. I think I enjoy the warm drink especially when fighting head hunger.

I had a Decaf Americano today. It wasn't the same but it made me a little happy anyways

Oddly, the first decaf Americano w/skim and Splenda was one of those fantastic little victories in the last few weeks (I was taking my first victory lap at the giant mall near my house while I was on my disability/leave and was told I could have decaf after the first week of Gatorade only). I can't believe I'm sharing it, but I had to take a picture at the time to send to my partner. It's amazing looking at my face then, 1 week post-op, and today, almost 6 weeks.

First Americano

My dietician told me Decaf only after eight weeks, but one of the nurses said its her guilty pleasure and she drinks a ton of it all day long! Since caffeine is a diuretic she just wants to make sure I get all my fluids.

I drink coffee daily...my surgeon would rather I don't but I have had no problems with it...personally if it were to make my pouch hurt I would stop but I will not give up my only habit until that happens.

I really missed my coffee after surgery. I didn't start having REAL coffee until 1 month after surgery. I started very small and now only drink one large mug of coffee a day. Your tolerance for caffeine definitely changes after surgery.

To get through the first month, I put a teaspoon of instant espresso powder in my vanilla Protein shakes. That really helped me feel like I didn't give up coffee. It was such a tiny amount of caffeine that it did not cause any problems.

I fancied myself a coffee addict, but now, at 7 weeks out, I can't even drink a full cup. I bought a tall iced coffee from Starbucks this morning and maaaaybe got through 1/3 of it. My tolerance has gone way down. In a weird way, I can't say I miss it. I don't have to leave 10-15 minutes earlier to hit Starbucks, nor do I have that $15-30 a week hitting my bank account. Besides, they just upped my fluids from 64oz to 80oz+ and boy, do I feel like I'm drowning just with that much Fluid.

I fancied myself a coffee addict, but now, at 7 weeks out, I can't even drink a full cup. I bought a tall iced coffee from Starbucks this morning and maaaaybe got through 1/3 of it. My tolerance has gone way down. In a weird way, I can't say I miss it. I don't have to leave 10-15 minutes earlier to hit Starbucks, nor do I have that $15-30 a week hitting my bank account. Besides, they just upped my fluids from 64oz to 80oz+ and boy, do I feel like I'm drowning just with that much Fluid.< /p>

I work in a hospital where Starbucks is on the first floor! It is so accessible, so I was always spending a small fortune to get Frappucinos w/ espresso shots and a bagel with lite cream cheese & a toffee doodle cookie. Every single day. I'll be glad I can't do that anymore!

I fancied myself a coffee addict, but now, at 7 weeks out, I can't even drink a full cup. I bought a tall iced coffee from Starbucks this morning and maaaaybe got through 1/3 of it. My tolerance has gone way down. In a weird way, I can't say I miss it. I don't have to leave 10-15 minutes earlier to hit Starbucks, nor do I have that $15-30 a week hitting my bank account. Besides, they just upped my fluids from 64oz to 80oz+ and boy, do I feel like I'm drowning just with that much Fluid.

I work in a hospital where Starbucks is on the first floor! It is so accessible, so I was always spending a small fortune to get Frappucinos w/ espresso shots and a bagel with lite cream cheese & a toffee doodle cookie. Every single day. I'll be glad I can't do that anymore!

Right?! We have a Starbucks on campus at my hospital as well, and I don't even have the desire to go most of the time. And I've started putting my weekly Sbux fund into my savings account. I figured I'll buy myself something shiny and pretty once I hit goal with all of the savings!

This is the one thing I haven't been "good" about.

I jumped back in with coffee at 3 months post-op.

I'm not one to drink it all day long but I do have my two cups in the morning with sugar-free Creamer.

Oops! I've been drinking 1 cup of French roast every day since my 2 week mark. I still get all of my fluids in since caffeine doesn't count. I haven't had any issues but after reading I'm hoping that I don't mess up my healing process! Now I'm afraid to tell my NUT, but I read my instructions over and over and it doesn't say not to drink coffee, just that it doesn't count towards liquid requirement. Yikes