Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't seen my surgeon since I went under either. He was an excellent surgeon but not at all helpful past that.

I'm not sure. However, I have seen and will continue to see my surgeon at each post op visit. I don't know how he manages to do that with all of his pts

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I seen my surgeon or a member of his team (4 surgeon team) every morning while I was in the hospital, then I seen him at my one week check-up, one month check-up and six month check-up. It was interesting that someone commented they were going to respectfully decline if they were invited back, because I actually cancelled my nine month apt because I am at goal, don't have any pressing questions and did not want to take the time off work. I will go for my one year appointment and call it good.

I saw my dr twice the same day of surgery, twice the next day, twice the next day. He even came in the morning on sat right before I went home. Then I've seen him once post op 1 wk, then he said make appt for 6 weeks to see him. Although the nut said I would see her more I haven't yet.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

See, Rusticlemon, that's what seems right, that's what I would have wanted; I'm sorry people can make all the excuses one wants for these people, but this is crap. these alpha surgeon types who are too important and busy to see the people they operate on are full of it and themselves...

Well, here is the thing...if you are "model" patient with no complications, you probably won't see much of your surgeon. And this is with any type of surgery. I have had MANY heart surgeries. I see my surgeon before surgery, and day of surgery. And then after I rarely see him. I see my "managing cardiologist". I do have my surgeons direct email, and direct number. Surgeons are surgeons, they rarely do follow ups in most fields unless there is a problem. With my heart, I have a whole team of cardiologist and cardiac surgeons. I see them ALL day of surgery, they all check me out, and see maybe one surgeon after in the hospital. My bariatric surgeon said he will see me after because I am "high risk" and he needs to monitor me, but usually I would just be followed by someone in his office. So don't take it personally or that he is not a good surgeon, but they have people that are much better at followup and can give you the time you need, and also the Drs, who do the follow up that is their job and what they do every day, so they re much better at the follow up then the actual surgeon. Just my two cents, and I have been having surgery since I was 5 months old. :D

I can honestly say I have seen mu surgeon every time I needed to see him. He is so approachable and goes the extra yard for his patients. Everyday that I was in the hospital he came back and stay awhile (no drive by visits). The first time I came to office because I wasn't feeling well he ride away did an xray of me swallowing barium to make sure everything was going down correctly. I recently had to go see him again and he was friendly and very concerned about me. He did another xray and found something wrong. He explained to me what has to be done to correct the problem then hugged me and said I am so sorry you are having these problems. The problem I am having is not being able to eat or drink without trying to throw up.

I am lucky to have Dr. Lehman as my doctor because my general doctor definitely didn't care about his patients.

I saw the surgeon during the consultation, the day after my surgery when he told me I couldn't go home just yet, and the first follow up appointment (maybe the 2nd too, I am starting to forget). Otherwise, I see his PAs. It doesn't bother me that I don't see him, the PA has always handled any issue that I have had. As long as I have someone with a valid medical license that I can go to, I'm good ;)

Well, I'd still like to punch out that arrogant B__________ who just changed my life in an incredible way for which I'll always be eternally grateful......

Well, here is the thing...if you are "model" patient with no complications, you probably won't see much of your surgeon. And this is with any type of surgery. I have had MANY heart surgeries. I see my surgeon before surgery, and day of surgery. And then after I rarely see him. I see my "managing cardiologist". I do have my surgeons direct email, and direct number. Surgeons are surgeons, they rarely do follow ups in most fields unless there is a problem. With my heart, I have a whole team of cardiologist and cardiac surgeons. I see them ALL day of surgery, they all check me out, and see maybe one surgeon after in the hospital. My bariatric surgeon said he will see me after because I am "high risk" and he needs to monitor me, but usually I would just be followed by someone in his office. So don't take it personally or that he is not a good surgeon, but they have people that are much better at followup and can give you the time you need, and also the Drs, who do the follow up that is their job and what they do every day, so they re much better at the follow up then the actual surgeon. Just my two cents, and I have been having surgery since I was 5 months old. :D

Hi, I noticed that you've stated you have had multiple heart surgeries since childhood... may I ask did you have any complications with your bariactric surgery? I had open heart 2.5 yrs ago and wanted to know if scar tissue was an issue? That was a question I forgot to ask my surgeon since I seen him last to sign consent forms....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

I have saw my surgeon several times since surgery (2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, etc) - it's usually pretty quick... but I've never been rushed and always had the impression that he would spend as long as I wanted/needed. It's just that everything has gone exceptionally well and I haven't needed to ask him anything that his nurse or others on the bariatric team haven't already answered.

The shoulder surgeon that I just saw was completely different - she has a great reputation as a surgeon so I wanted her operating... but I've only saw her for maybe 5 minutes and the rest has been handled by her staff. I'm okay with that approach too, having the right person holding the knife is more important to me than bedside manner.

I saw my main surgeon for only maybe a few minutes before surgery and briefly in the operating room. His associate md I saw more often and for longer. He did remove my staples 1 week post op. Surgeons cut. Not all surgeons spend a lot of with conscious patients. That is not their primary responsibility. My surgeon has incredibly low complication rates. He did his job, and now I am following up with other doctors the practice referred me to, and other doctors in the practice. He is the head surgeon, so he delegates some responsibilities. I am in the metropolitan area of NYC. From what I hear this is not unusual, but some surgeons do spend more time with patients. My follow up is very good, and that is all that matters to me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I met my surgeon (and chose him) at my info session. I didn't see him again until I had my surgical consult one month before surgery. We talked about my surgery and which kind I wanted. He came in to talk to me before surgery and then he talked to my parents in the waiting room and left to go turkey hunting! I was also a poster child for easy surgery recovery so I haven't seen him since before I went to sleep for surgery, except to run into him in the hallway when I was in the clinic for my 3 month appt. We chatted for a couple minutes and that was it. In the meantime, I have had visits from his PA, in recovery, in my hospital room, at my one week appt. and at my 3 month appt. I have another appt. in May for my 6 month where I will see his PA again. Most of my appointments are on Wednesdays so it doesn't surprise me that I don't see my surgeon in the appt. Wednesday is the day he does WLS. I believe Tuesdays are the days he does office time since that was the day I had my consult. It doesn't surprise me that I don't see him much since surgeries take a lot of time and there are only so many hours in the day. In fact, when he did our info session, he came straight from surgery to talk to us. I give him a lot of credit. He has picked a great staff that do the pre and post op stuff. I have never been unhappy with any of them.

pam