Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to scream....

The beautiful thing is that when you get a few years out...nobody remembers the "bigger you" and the trimer new becomes your new normal. So maybe you don't have a good enough relationship to talk it through...so smile and nod....in a year they won't remember..ha!.

@@CowgirlJane

as i get older (but feel younger)

i worry about my eyesight

reading your good post above

i was afraid I was seeing double, triple etc

next post following too

then i realized you accidentally must have pushed the enter button

a few times, repeating the same statement!! :lol:

(post 14 & 15)

phew i can postpone my urgent eye doctor app (shrink too) LOLOLOL

great statement though

again, and again, and again and.............. LOL

who loves ya baby???

i do, i do!!! :rolleyes:

kathy

@@proudgrammy bariatric pal occasionally loses it's mind. It hangs, but you don't realize it. It seems as though it didn't post, so you hit it again and it just posts over and over.

Sometimes, i will log in on a separate tab to see if my post actually worked. Frankly, it is tiresome. I normally go back and correct it, but I guess I was not in the mood that day. sorry. :(

bariatric pal occasionally loses it's mind. It hangs, but you don't realize it. It seems as though it didn't post, so you hit it again and it just posts over and over.

@@CowgirlJane

ahhhhh bud, i was only teasing you

i know you can take a joke

you talk to me don't you? :lol:

BP can be computer dummy (no offense @@Alex Brecher)

gotta love it anyways

no apology necessary

but, a bow (msp) ? would be nice LOL

jane, i always love reading your posts

over, and over, and over again!!!

like i said "who loves ya baby?"

TTYL

kathy

@@CowgirlJane, @@proudgrammy

It has been hanging up a lot lately. Sometimes I catch a double or triple post and edit sometimes I don't.

Oh well.

Over a hundred pounds is a big change! They just aren't used to seeing you smaller!

One thing I have learned over the past few months when my loss became really noticeable is that my friends that really loved me never thought of me as a big person. I complained on here a few months ago about being on skype with a friend when I was 80 or 90lbs down and they said nothing about my loss. Later he was like I didn't notice really, I just love you. AWWWW

I never really gained much weight above the shoulders I barely had a double chin at all. Hey, I give good face, what can I say. So anyway my loss isn't noticeable if you are looking me in the face. Plus I have kept my face contoured to the gods for the past 4 years or so.

So maybe instead of people thinking that people are jealous or dumb or whatever. Accept that maybe some people loved and accepted you the way you were and the change is shocking to them. I know this might be hard since so many people seemed to genuinely hate their fat selves but maybe there are some people that loved you more than you loved yourself.

Most of the people that post here freak out about their own change and you live with yourself everyday. What do you think it is like for other people?

At a 14/16 I am so curvy and my hourglass shape is so noticeable, it is almost vulgar. I can remember looking like this in HS and college but most of my friends can't. I don't mind them freaking out, it means those nights when I chug Water so I won't eat after 8 and head hunger is trying to beat me down, are worth it.

If another person tells me I don't need to lose anymore weight... How can I still be almost 300 pounds and NOT look like I need to lose more weight?????????????? People and their perceptions.

"How much more weight are you going to lose???"

"You're going to disappear" (FAT chance of that happening)

"I don't think you need to lose anymore weight. You look great!"

Thanks for your concern. It's nice and all, but I'm not done.

RANT OVER....

I got that a lot. I think that people are just used to us at our larger selves and can't adapt to the losses. My body my choice on what I want to weigh and where I feel my best at. After I lost my weight I had a ton of friends say that I was never fat... but I pulled out old pictures and showed them the then vs now and they were like oh well damn we never noticed. My favorite is "damn eat a cheeseburger" to which I finally told someone if one more person told me to eat a cheeseburger I was going to go buy a large bag and BEAT them all with it.

The other thing that drives me nuts is when I am out with friends for dinner or whatever and someone just has to make a comment about how little I eat and they keep encouraging me to eat more. I usually just say look I'm fine ok. Last year I totally lost it though and I finally yelled at a friend to BACK OFF. The table was stunned into silence and I said look yes you see me eating only this tiny little bit but you don't see that I eat this amount 8 times a day. I ended a long standing friendship with a gal that was constantly making comments out in public in front of a ton of people and asked her why in the hell was she so obsessed with my weight? Mind her own weight. I nearly told her that I must be doing something right because her own husband had # 1 been hitting on me and # 2 had called me to ask for my surgeons name so he could get HER to do it

Edited by Sue Brat Kee Ashe

^^^ LOL!

Really, I am laughing. That's funny.

If another person tells me I don't need to lose anymore weight... How can I still be almost 300 pounds and NOT look like I need to lose more weight?????????????? People and their perceptions.

"How much more weight are you going to lose???"

"You're going to disappear" (FAT chance of that happening)

"I don't think you need to lose anymore weight. You look great!"

Thanks for your concern. It's nice and all, but I'm not done.

RANT OVER....

It's not up to you anymore, it's your body losing it... your body knows what hlty wt it should be...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

I have to be honest, I CANNOT WAIT to have that problem lol. I agree with the other posters. They probably aren't sure what the appropriate thing to say is so they just blurt the first thing that pops into their head. Just bless their little hearts and move on :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I really don't buy this whole "the body knows what it wants to weigh" meme.

I'm a scientist and have an affection for the concept of cause / effect. As in ... you do X, Y is more likely to happen; you don't do X, Y is less likely to happen.

That doesn't mean I presume that I know all the factors involved in weight loss and their relative strengths. In the last 20 months, I've learned much about nutrition, behavior change, emotional factors that influence eating behaviors, etc. So I expect there's a lot more for me to learn.

Nor do I assume that everyone's metabolism or set points are exactly the same or governed by exactly the same calories / macronutrients / Water / exercise / etc. So I certainly think there are many individual differences in terms of how our bodies perform.

But I don't think there's some magical point your body reaches where it simply won't lose any more weight, no matter what you do. Losing weight, gaining muscle mass, building endurance and other ways we're trying to change our bodies takes time. Losing one pound a month may seem like the end of the weight loss journey to some. But that's about the rate at which I lost the last 15 pounds of my fat ass.

And now I'm looking at the possibility of gaining at least 5 pounds of muscle this summer. Doing that will be a real challenge for me, but I think it'll make me significantly healthier.

Boy, this journey just goes on and on and on and ....

@@her1981,

I’ve often wondered how people can feel they are capable of making suggestions about other people’s personal matters, and why they feel the need to share their thoughts.

At least it’s a compliment, even if it’s annoying. It’s a testament to your hard work and how great you look.

If you want, and the people who are telling you to stop losing weight weigh less than you do currently, you could say something like, “Thanks, but how would you feel if you weighed 300 lbs.? Guess what – that’s how I feel, too!”

I agree they are probably just trying to compliment, however that's a little ridiculous. I would comment a fact like well my BMI is .... so I'm still considered obese or overweight or something to that effect. Of course that would be like telling people what you weigh if you are comfortable. I got some comments right after surgery, but not very many anymore (I'm four months out). I've lost 57 lbs so I know there is some difference-but I don't see much. I do get a lot of comments on my clothes like nice spring colors or nice top, but that is the person noticing the weight I think. Anyways I just say thanks and change the subject if it is about my weight and I'm not comfortable. The worst for me is when they stare and obviously look at my body like I am losing weight, but then don't say anything. Talk about awkward :wacko: ! People get jealous. Fact of life, unfortunately.