Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your favorite exercise videos?

I had surgery 12/14/15. I am doing great and the weight is coming off but I attribute that to following my post surgery diet. One of my goals it to be 'fit'. I am failing at that goal. I am a beginner and have some limitations because of my knees, like avoiding high impact aerobics. But most exercise can be made low impact easily and elliptical is very comfortable. I really need weight bearing exercise to build muscle . So the question is what are favorite exercise videos and why. Do you use Amazon prime or you tube for free stuff? Any one tried daily burn subscription or the beach body subscription? In particular has anyone tried hammer and chisel, 30 day shred? If you felt any DVDs you have spent good money on we're huge disappointment or waste of money .... That is welcome info too! Thanks in advance!

I have orthopedic issues, too. My favorite is leslie Sansone's Walk Your Belly Flat. Here is a list of my exercise video collection with my personal reviews.

MISS MAC'S Exercise Video Collection.docx

I had surgery 12/14/15. I am doing great and the weight is coming off but I attribute that to following my post surgery diet. One of my goals it to be 'fit'. I am failing at that goal. I am a beginner and have some limitations because of my knees, like avoiding high impact aerobics. But most exercise can be made low impact easily and elliptical is very comfortable. I really need weight bearing exercise to build muscle . So the question is what are favorite exercise videos and why. Do you use Amazon prime or you tube for free stuff? Any one tried daily burn subscription or the beach body subscription? In particular has anyone tried hammer and chisel, 30 day shred? If you felt any DVDs you have spent good money on we're huge disappointment or waste of money .... That is welcome info too! Thanks in advance!

Your doing amazing! I love yoga videos--in fact I like to try a variety of them on amazon prime. I also bought ballet beautiful which is a wonderful video.

I too have knee issues and LOVE Hip Hop Abs. There is a girl, to watch. In the DVD who modifies and does the lower impact. I have bought all three DVDS in the series and knees are getting stronger and losing weight

I tried 30 day shred but the video seemed to have a lot of high impact (like jumping jacks). Of course this could be modified and the program may work but I became disinterested in it. I have had success in using Zumba dvds. The exhilaration set comes with some light toning stick (weights) for toning exercises. I really like the toning dvd that came with that set (workout is called ripped). The sticks are light but they sell a little heavier set that is included with the Zumba tone up system. I now have the exhilaration, tone up system, awesome legs and booty (comes with a rizer which is a step), and the incredible slim down. So I am really into it, lol! I like how most of the time the videos show the modified version. Of the ones I have tried of the Zumba sets the incredible slimdown is probably the most high impact (and does HIIT or interval training). All are great workouts. The videos always encourage you to find a live Zumba class in your area, but I have no desire to injure anyone :lol: I did see an Aqua Zumba class offered in my area so maybe someday. I am really glad I tried them because even six months ago I couldn't even imagine doing anything remotely like them. I am about 4 1/2 months out from surgery(lap band) and down 58 lbs. I feel a lot stronger and I actually can do some of the high impact moves even if it is only for 15 seconds. Let us know if you try any other dvds, I'm always looking for variety.

I also like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

I like Jane Fonda's favorite fat burners ,low impact, and step aerobics. They are dancy (is that a word?) and easy to follow

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for these suggestions and links.

I have to give them a look and try. Unfortunately, this has been my workout routine lately.

Funny-weight-loss-cartoon-couch-to-5k-W6

:)