Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing tastes good

I'm having such a hard time. Almost 3 weeks out now and nothing, I mean nothing, tastes good to me. Anything with artificial sweetener is the worst. I'm eating because I know I have to, but even 1/4 cup feels "heavy" to me. Has anyone else had this issue?

Yup. Everything tasted off to me, plain Water was gross, things with sweetener were SUPER sweet....

In the early days, this is pretty common. It gets better the further out you get from surgery, but you may discover things you used to love you no longer like much, and other taste changes. I was kind of neutral on spicy stuff before, but I LOVE spicy stuff now. ;)

Enjoy it! Everything will taste normal again soon enough and then you might want to eat it. I am 2.5 years out from surgery and the stuff I eat tastes good but I no longer have any real craving or enjoyment of sugars and fats. I got "lucky" in that my sleeve hates junk food, lol, but it took awhile to realize that no, I really don't like cake that much anymore. Most people have their full taste sensations back within a few weeks. Enjoy the time you have now when you don't want to eat anything. :)

I'm 6 mos out and unfortunately I still crave the sweets. I did feel an accomplishment last week however. I have always loved peeps that you get at Easter, and I bought one small package on clearance and I couldn't stand how sweet they were. I ended up throwing the package in the garbage. Wish I could say that about cake!

I've always loved Water. I used to drink 2 liters a day. Now it's a struggle to get my water in and I hate it. It's good to know this will pass. Hopefully my energy level with increase as well. I'm still so tired all the time.

Add some lemon or lime or flavoring to your Water. It is REALLY common for plain water to taste off in the early days, but flavorings help.

I'm 3 months out and it's rare that anything tastes good in the same way for me. I still crave things but even if I indulge I take a couple bites and am turned off by it.

Everything your describing sounds completely normal though. It gets easier to eat enough volume and calories with time

I am 3 weeks too and I don't have an appetite. If I eat a Jello cup, I can't squeeze in the last bite. I know this is only temporary so I am eating the Jello, popsicles and broth. I did just try Greek yogurt yesterday and a half cup of Tomato Soup watered down. I think you and I only have this for a short time before we want things that we can't have. I am loving the baggy clothes and as long as I take my Vitamins and I got a few good drink mixes from bariatric pal, I am good for now. How do you feel?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Use the time to change your relationship with food. This phase will pass.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App