Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My birthday is July 16th. I could have had it the week after but I wanted to be done first in the morning and the 25th was the first day that has the first surgery of the day open. I dont want to wait all day and get my anxiety going any worse then it already will be.

@@betterme38 So my 5th nut. appt is on your birthday and yours is on mine. That has to mean they'll be lucky appts!

@alwest68 I don't blame you one bit. I would love to be the first surgery of the day, even though I doubt I will sleep much the night before!

First surgery is 7:30-8:30 and I have to be there at 5:30 and its an hour away so thats good because I will probably be up all night the night before. Lol

I have my psych eval tomorrow.

I was told if that is completed in one session, it will go to insurance approval mode. Insurance approval for my insurance typically takes one to two weeks, according to the nurse practitioner, but they have up to 30 days to respond to the request.

I have butterflies in my stomach!!!! I'm so ready to get it done already.

@betterme38.....I have Cigna. The policy specifics I have are very WLS friendly. It's odd. I've had insurance in the past that is not.

Of course, the nurse practitioner could be full of it...but I'm hopeful.

I'll be having surgery in Roanoke, Virginia. I work in my PCP's office, so I've been able to kind of push the paperwork through on this end to the surgeon's office All of the referral information and labs have gotten to them very quickly. I've also done everything they've told me to do. She said that really helps.

Well hell lol @@honeybadger I'm still asking can't hurt I suppose ???? all my stuff is done and turned in minus the app Tuesday and May's app. I'm so ready!!! ???? ???? ????

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@betterme38.....I have Cigna. The policy specifics I have are very WLS friendly. It's odd. I've had insurance in the past that is not.

Of course, the nurse practitioner could be full of it...but I'm hopeful.

I'll be having surgery in Roanoke, Virginia. I work in my PCP's office, so I've been able to kind of push the paperwork through on this end to the surgeon's office All of the referral information and labs have gotten to them very quickly. I've also done everything they've told me to do. She said that really helps.

Hi fellow Virginian! I'm in Bristol!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm having my surgery in Reston Va. My Psych evaluation went straight to the doctor after the psychiatrist approved it. I was surprised because I thought I would just talk to him but I only did for half hour and then I actually had to take a test that was 580 some questions. All true and false. That made me nervous for the week it took to get the results. I was approved though and I am bipolar and have high anxiety so you should be fine.

I had my stress today and had myself completely freaked out before hand about it. I was sick to my stomach over it. As I was so nervous, I got up to my target heart rate in just about a minute on the treadmill. I am so glad to have this done. Endoscopy is the last clearance test left and I am scheduled for that on May 3.

The EGD was a breeze for me. I went in they put me to sleep and I was up and out the door an hour later. I felt fine afterwards so that nothing to worry about.

Same here. They put in the iv, took me back and I literally woke up as they were wheeling me into recovery. They gave me some insulin because my sugar was up (nothing new here) and then I got dressed and left 45 minutes later. I did take the day off work as they advise you to not drive that day since you've had some sedation, so I went home and took a nap before the kids got home from school.

I am excited that I will have surgery late July or early August and I am so glad to have found this forum!

I was shocked to hear my surgeon say I needed to be on Protein shakes for 3 weeks prior to surgery. I had always heard 1-2 weeks and some people even less. I understand the importance of doing this to help shrink the liver, but I was surprised.

Anyone else have to do 3 weeks?