Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Breepad09 is it just the taste or consistency that you are having trouble with? I have switched to Syntrax nector Protein and I'm doing much better. I have never liked milk or anything that resembles it (ok maybe milkshakes). The nector tastes like crystal light, and I don't taste a Protein taste to it. I get mine on Amazon but I think you can get it at some Vitamin stores. I also hear that Isopure is another choice but that it is really sweet and you have to drink a lot more to get the same amount of protein.

Thank you kaitlynm for the ideas. I can't handle the taste, consistency, or how unbelievably full it makes me. I was only able to get maybe 4 ounces in, in the morning and maybe 2 ounces in, in the evening. I will look into the Syntrax. And see if that works a little better.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

I have struggled with depression although it seems to be lifting now from weeks 4-8. week 3 I was unreasonably angry. I really believe it was the hormone dump.

Hang in there, it gets better.

I am hitting 4 weeks tomorrow/today. I am have been pretty frustrated and a bit angry, a lot to do with the problems with food. I really hope that I can make it through this without being anew emotional mess for much longer.

One thing that I can suggest is to volunteer your time for a community project or charity preferably something that will keep you busy and with lots of people.

I coach High School and Youth football so I don't have a ton of alone time when you combine that with having 2 children and a wife.

This really makes big picture thinking easier for me because I recognize that it isn't about me and I am surrounding myself with as many life affirming people as possible. Plus it keeps me busy and increases my activity level all things that are consistent with the direction I want to take my life.

Everyone has a different journey but helping others is a great way for me.

Edited by LondonHawk

Thanks LondonHawk.

Things are definitely getting a bit easier. I am heading towards my 5th week and now able to eat more than I had been able to a week or two ago.

Now that I am back to work that is filing some of the void. I will be able to start going to the gym and that will take up sometime.

Some of the problems I was having had to do with, I wasn't really leaving the house because I wasn't back to work and all of pain and nausea I was having surrounding food.

I really appreciate everyone on here with all of the helpful words

I feel regret at times and I'm seven days out. Like I crave things I never cared for ! Probably because I could have them and now I can't and it makes me want to . I feel like I'm missing out because when people get together it always involves food. I have cried a few times for stupid things too. And as far as hunger pains in my head I don't feel hungry but my tummy feels hungry it growls still so IDK what's going on .

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

I am 4 days post op. I had the bypass and honestly i feel like the dr. Just cut my stomach but didn't do anything inside. My left incision hurts but the rest are fine. Ive been eating lots of yogurt and Soups. Today though i was CRAVING bread and meat... It didnt help that my husband grilled chicken and potatoes on the grill. I had 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes added skim milk to make it more watery and it was soo good. Yesterday i tried a Protein shake with 1 strawberry and 2 raspberries and it was fine. I am so confused cuz my stomach i guess... Tells me to stop but my mind is saying ur not full yet. So when i had yogurt for Breakfast i ate with my sons baby spoon. I would lick it and put it down, took me 40 min to eat less then half and i was done. Same thing with Jello, now i have open containers in the fridge.

I definitely am starting to miss other foods, but i am thinking of the future. We did this surgery for a reason, we did it for ourselves.

Maybe you need a little push to stop thinking about food and start thinking of ur self. Create a you tube channel of your progress, it will motivate you and you will want to continue on a positive note.

Sigh up go to a gym. I have to admit i started going 4 month b4 surgery and doing squats before definitely helped me when I'm trying to get up from bed, or even going to the restroom lol. Keep thinking of the future, the new clothes u will buy, the guys u will meet.

If u ever want to talk message me. I have found this app to be very very helpful. There were times when i was crying my eyes out and then i read some posts, talked to some ppl who went through the same thing, went to a support group and it helped a lot. So far i have not had any regrets, yes i am in pain, and i wish that i had a bit more support, but at the end of the day i think to myself " u r changing your life, ur going to be gorgeous, u r doing this for u" i go to the fridge get some liquids and continue on. Think of the reason u wanted to do this, why u went to the dr. In the first place. Write it don't put it on ur fridge. good luck!

Dasha

I am 4 days post op. I had the bypass and honestly i feel like the dr. Just cut my stomach but didn't do anything inside. My left incision hurts but the rest are fine. Ive been eating lots of yogurt and Soups. Today though i was CRAVING bread and meat... It didnt help that my husband grilled chicken and potatoes on the grill. I had 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes added skim milk to make it more watery and it was soo good. Yesterday i tried a Protein shake with 1 strawberry and 2 raspberries and it was fine. I am so confused cuz my stomach i guess... Tells me to stop but my mind is saying ur not full yet. So when i had yogurt for Breakfast i ate with my sons baby spoon. I would lick it and put it down, took me 40 min to eat less then half and i was done. Same thing with Jello, now i have open containers in the fridge.

I definitely am starting to miss other foods, but i am thinking of the future. We did this surgery for a reason, we did it for ourselves.

Maybe you need a little push to stop thinking about food and start thinking of ur self. Create a you tube channel of your progress, it will motivate you and you will want to continue on a positive note.

Sigh up go to a gym. I have to admit i started going 4 month b4 surgery and doing squats before definitely helped me when I'm trying to get up from bed, or even going to the restroom lol. Keep thinking of the future, the new clothes u will buy, the guys u will meet.

If u ever want to talk message me. I have found this app to be very very helpful. There were times when i was crying my eyes out and then i read some posts, talked to some ppl who went through the same thing, went to a support group and it helped a lot. So far i have not had any regrets, yes i am in pain, and i wish that i had a bit more support, but at the end of the day i think to myself " u r changing your life, ur going to be gorgeous, u r doing this for u" i go to the fridge get some liquids and continue on. Think of the reason u wanted to do this, why u went to the dr. In the first place. Write it don't put it on ur fridge. good luck!

Dasha

Hello Dasha. I really appreciate the words that you shared here. This process can be quite challenging and after a while of hearing what other are going through and encouraging words, you start to feel better. Definitely some days are much better than others but things are starting to look up (now that I am just about 6 wks post op).

Thanks