Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Left side pain 1 week out

Surgery date 23 march, full liquids start tomorrow. I'm getting everything in just using pain meds at night. But the side pain really makes doing much really tough. Can't bend much if at all. How long till this goes away or gets better. This pain and the already growing weight of skin apron from lost belly fat pulling at that same side pain sucks bad. Incisions are healing fine. Everything seems on track just curious about this pain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Has surgery same day. Two of my incisions are the same when I roll over or stand up after sitting. Walking is helping. When I hit the one mile mark I find it burning again and have to stop. Remember that nerves were cut going into your belly and they are reconnecting. Often that is the cause of the pain.

Organs don't have pain receptor nerves. So what you and I are experiencing is the nerve pain in skin tissues

Edited by LisaMergs

When it bugs you and you worry, just remember they cut through your stomach muscle and now it needs to heal! I had a hard time with that pain and wanted it to just be gone! But it eventually does, mine lasted maybe 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hope you guys feel better, mine was the day before 3/22. I had the same aweful pulling sensation. They said sometimes there is also an internal stitch. But it's about 12 days post op and I haven't felt it the past two days as much.

I just found this app. Which I had known about it before I had surgery! Lots of great advice.

Mine is an internal stitch through a muscle. It's being aggravated by the 58 lbs I've lost and my belly fat apron pulls on that muscle. The pain is now to where I'm told not to walk unless I have to and they will reevaluate again on Tuesday. When on meds and I cough or bend wrong it's like a 6 if my meds wear off and it happens it's a 9. The pain starts at the incision site and slowly moves towards my hip, I can follow the pain on the surface of my skin as it moves. Takes like a minute from start to finish, really sucks. Just waiting till tuesday.

hw 440 sw 399 cw 385 rny on 3/23/16

Hope you guys feel better, mine was the day before 3/22. I had the same aweful pulling sensation. They said sometimes there is also an internal stitch. But it's about 12 days post op and I haven't felt it the past two days as much.

I just found this app. Which I had known about it before I had surgery! Lots of great advice.

Welcome!!! Hope you are able to get and give lots of helpful information!

Glad you are better, I'm still feeling my pulling burning pain, I see doctor Thursday. Welcome to site !!!

Mine is an internal stitch through a muscle. It's being aggravated by the 58 lbs I've lost and my belly fat apron pulls on that muscle. The pain is now to where I'm told not to walk unless I have to and they will reevaluate again on Tuesday. When on meds and I cough or bend wrong it's like a 6 if my meds wear off and it happens it's a 9. The pain starts at the incision site and slowly moves towards my hip, I can follow the pain on the surface of my skin as it moves. Takes like a minute from start to finish, really sucks. Just waiting till tuesday.

Best of luck to you, hope your pain gets better. Mine is still there but getting a little less sharp each day as long as I keep pain meds in me.

Thanks, I just really want to be walking, and can't. Good luck to you as well.

Doctor says the stitch that is causing the pain will dissolve in 6 weeks and should start hurting alot less any day now.

Oh and down to 378 now, 62 lbs lost from hw 21 since surgery

Oh and down to 378 now, 62 lbs lost from hw 21 since surgery

Congrats and best of luck on your stitch for a speedy recovery now that you know what the pain is.