Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I eat them? Did anyone eat lunchables at a month-6 weeks out of surgery? If a yes can I eat the crackers with it?

I wouldn't because they have too many carbs. Crackers are slider foods and the "meat" is highly processed. But if you do decide to eat them don't make a habit out of it.

You can make your own with better ingredients -- try going to the deli and get them to slice up some good meats and cheeses.

In a pinch, rather than lunchables, look for P3, string cheese, or meat and cheese roll-ups. They make decent pre-portioned Snacks.

I wouldn't. I'm not even the stickler for processed foods that a lot of people are and I still wouldn't eat them. The crackers would be a big no-no and the amount of preservatives and sodium? Yuck! I eat cheese and nuts for lunch almost every day now (I'm in maintenance, wouldn't recommend in weight loss phase because of the high calories). But the cheese I eat is real cheese.

I just looked up the nutritional info and they only have 11 grams of Protein. I aim for 16-20 each meal to meat my daily Protein target of 100 grams.

Oscar Meyer make P3 portable Protein packs.

I'm not sure what the vets think about them. I use them on the run. I don't eat the dip with the grilled chicken strips.

http://www.proteinproteinprotein.com/

Oscar Meyer make P3 portable Protein packs.

I'm not sure what the vets think about them. I use them on the run. I don't eat the dip with the grilled chicken strips.

I don't have as many hang-ups about processed foods. But I would definitely prefer the 20+ grams of Protein for the same amount of calories from a Protein Bar when I'm on the run.

@jamielogical.... Could you post some example meals that get you to 16-20g of Protein? I know you are in maintenance but I would like to save for later. I am at the soft food phase and am struggling to get even 6 to 10... Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@jamielogical.... Could you post some example meals that get you to 16-20g of Protein? I know you are in maintenance but I would like to save for later. I am at the soft food phase and am struggling to get even 6 to 10... Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I actually just posted a list of my recent lunches and dinners in another thread. Obviously at 19 months out, I have less restriction than someone earlier out. I'm allowed to eat all foods now. And my "cheese & peanuts" lunch that I often have is pretty high calorie, so I wouldn't recommend that until you are in maintenance:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/363135-if-you-are-a-year-or-more-out-how-is-your-restriction/

I ate them for awhile because the pizza ones had 17g Protein and not really that many carbs, and one little pack ended up as two full meals. Now, I've moved on to Hillshire farms snack packs, because they have lots of Protein, even less carbs, and I can throw them in my lunch bag to take to school. I don't cook, I hate salads, and I love that I can still feel like I'm eating "normal people" food without a lot of fuss. They have thin toasted pieces that come with it, it's a small amount but it still gives you that satisfying texture/crunch.

hillshire-farm-snacking-plates.png

Here is the nutrition info for it (and their various flavors/types are pretty much the same):

Calories: 300

Carbs: 12g

Protein: 17g

Sugar: less than 1g

I ate them for awhile because the pizza ones had 17g Protein and not really that many carbs, and one little pack ended up as two full meals. Now, I've moved on to Hillshire farms snack packs, because they have lots of Protein, even less carbs, and I can throw them in my lunch bag to take to school. I don't cook, I hate salads, and I love that I can still feel like I'm eating "normal people" food without a lot of fuss. They have thin toasted pieces that come with it, it's a small amount but it still gives you that satisfying texture/crunch.

Here is the nutrition info for it (and their various flavors/types are pretty much the same):

I never heard of this before

Oscar Meyer make P3 portable protein packs.

Thank you, I will start looking for them

Another vote for the P3 containers for when you are dying for a crunch.

The flavors are excellent, too. I'll grab a couple packs when I'm in the store and toss 'em in the fridge. Not an every day or even every week treat....but they are flavorful and not so awful bad for you.

I never heard of this before

Oscar Meyer make P3 portable protein packs.

Thank you, I will start looking for them

. Where are these at?

@lachellove

You can find them at Target

I like both the P3 and the Hillshires, but I find the Hillshire snack Pack tastes soooo good and are actually more like a meal 4 me

I get them at Walmart