Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TREAT YO SELF

Love this topic, though I love it a little bit too much. I have been treating myself along the way, however I have treated myself into a bit of a financial bind.

Wonder if I am exchanging my food addiction for a shopping addiction?? Plus at over 150 pounds down, clothes and shoes are needed (I tell myself).

So currently trying to find ways to treat myself that don't cost money.

Trading massages and pedis, selling large clothes and using the $ for new, free makeover at Sephora, day trip.... Others have ideas of free or low cost treats?

Not free, but look for a massage school (for inexpensive massages) or a cosmetology school (for inexpensive facials, mani-pedis, etc.).

So currently trying to find ways to treat myself that don't cost money.

Trading massages and pedis, selling large clothes and using the $ for new, free makeover at Sephora, day trip.... Others have ideas of free or low cost treats?

I started reading about fashion and style about a month ago, having realized that my former love for clothing and accessories had really given way to some laziness and not taking the best care of my appearance, including my hair and skin. I've discovered that I am a huge fan of neutral pieces with season/bright accessories. Coincidentally, this is a less expensive way to go. That leaves me free from "I want it all now!" (especially as my surgery isn't until the 10th). I can instead focus on simple pieces that fit. I've become obsessed with fit!

Edited by 2goldengirl

@@MayMarie ... I LOVE, really LOVE your hair.

It wouldn't work for me, but it is fabulous on you. Very wonderful. :)

@@MayMarie ... I LOVE, really LOVE your hair.

It wouldn't work for me, but it is fabulous on you. Very wonderful. :)

Thank you so much! Its definitely not everyone's cup of tea but luckily people seem to be following the "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" rule! Lol. I've gotten quite a few compliments though

Loving all these posts guys and gals! We all deserve a great once and a while

I treated myself to 4 new bra's today!

I was told like a month or more so ago that I am "too small" to shop at Pennington's anymore but then just haven't gone to a regular sized store yet to get them.. but today I did!

So pretty!

Kinda sexy too! Heehee

Deeeeeesperately needed new bra's!

That's the only clothing item that I have not bought since starting this journey. So imagine me wearing the same bra I was wearing 81 pounds ago.

Gross thought, I know. haha

I donated a sh*t ton of clothing yesterday and then bought a few items from a consignment boutique as a treat.

I like treats.

Treats are fun.

☺????

Another treat I'm going to "splurge" on is ordering a special handle bar to attach to my road bike. I can't wait to use my road bike as a way smaller and healthier Heather!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by heather5565

Saving money for restylane. Going to get my lips done

Monthly massages as of 6 months ago, occasional facial, overnight trips with sister-in-law or my hubby, occasionally new clothes.

Saving money for restylane. Going to get my lips done[emoji105]

Oh! Tell me about that! How expensive? How painful? Is it permanent or does it have to be done over and over again?

Edited by Lemm61

Treat Yo Self !!!!

Killer theme.

Well........I feel like the coin I dropped on my sleeve surgery was a hell of a treat. It was gonna go towards a new car that I'll wait on. So glad I made that choice.

My first post-sleeve treat is in the planning stages. Gonna get together with a buddy and go on a fishing-drinking-telling a few lies trip somewhere.

I can't wait !!!!!!

Getaways are by far the BEST treat yo self treats! Somehow myself and one of my best nurse buddies at work got the same 5 days off at the end of the month... So we're going to Myrtle Beach! And we don't even have to use our PTO! Enjoy your trip.. Hope you bring something home to put on the grill

I did.

I will.

Life is good.

My favorite treat is a massage. And buying myself flowers.

I've never had a professional massage! I will have to add that to my idea least for future treat yo self days!

Me either. I was always super embarrassed by my weight.

Saving money for restylane. Going to get my lips done

Oh! Tell me about that! How expensive? How painful? Is it permanent or does it have to be done over and over again?

I've had Juvaderm injected in my lips a couple of times and it's expensive, it hurts like hell and it doesn't last as long as it does when injected into your facial folds. Rumor has it Allergan is going to come out with an injectable specifically for the lips and the industry is hoping it will last longer then the 3 mos for Juvaderm. I do love my Botox and need it more now as I continue to lose weight.

I'm not sure about restylane, but see Shark girl's comments below about her experience. Shark girl, what's the ballpark $$ for injections? I may wait to see if the new Allergan comes out - thanks for the info!

My favorite treat is a massage. And buying myself flowers.

I've never had a professional massage! I will have to add that to my idea least for future treat yo self days!

Me either. I was always super embarrassed by my weight.

Do it! It is so worth it.

My first treat came at 50 pounds lost and I bought myself a SmartTV that is in front of my treadmill so I can watch Netflix and workout.

I've also used purchases at Sephora as incentive...massages, new nail polishes...

My current treat is eyelash extensions.

No more food treats to myself - unless it's something totally OK like a Vitamin Water Zero or a Trimino.

I have thought about what to get when I reach my goal weight. post-285172-14582402724346_thumb.jpg

Minolo blahniks

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App