Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The second most painful experience of my life..omg...this was bad

Here's a stupid question. But maybe not. I drink loads of Decaf coffee every day but very little regular Water. Kidney stones have never been on my radar, but this thread has opened my eyes. Thoughts?

coffee is not generally a Water substitute but I don't know about Decaf. I am pretty good about hydration

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

This also makes me worry a bit about the two Calcium chews I have every day (calcium citrate). I used the 'formula' my NUT suggested to determine how much Calcium I needed, but I'm wondering if i should cut back to just one a day...hmmm.....

This sounds just awful. Hubby has had one. So painful. :(

This also makes me worry a bit about the two calcium chews I have every day (calcium citrate). I used the 'formula' my NUT suggested to determine how much Calcium I needed, but I'm wondering if i should cut back to just one a day...hmmm.....

This sounds just awful. Hubby has had one. So painful. :(

No, you don't want to cut back on your calcium. It's really important for your bones.

There is a whole list of foods they say you should not eat if you are prone to kidney stones.

I have always been one to drink a lot of Water and I still get them suckers. The Urologist told me that some people are just more prone to getting them and he just suggested I stay hydrated and let him know if I am having problems. A shot of Toradol was what helped me and when I was actually passing the stones, I would sit in a hot bath with a bucket to throw up in.

They told me the worst pain is when it moves from kidney to the tube that connects to the bladder. When they did the image it had just entered that tybe. Your experiences does not seem to match that.

Now I am having intermittent yet real pain in that lower left quadrant that wraps around my side to my back. Ow it hurts but not bent over vomiting pain like before.

I have always been one to drink a lot of Water and I still get them suckers. The Urologist told me that some people are just more prone to getting them and he just suggested I stay hydrated and let him know if I am having problems. A shot of Toradol was what helped me and when I was actually passing the stones, I would sit in a hot bath with a bucket to throw up in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

They told me the worst pain is when it moves from kidney to the tube that connects to the bladder. When they did the image it had just entered that tybe. Your experiences does not seem to match that.

Now I am having intermittent yet real pain in that lower left quadrant that wraps around my side to my back. Ow it hurts but not bent over vomiting pain like before.

Sending comforting support your way.

I'm not sure when the pain was the worst honestly. I do know that I had lithotripsy (spelling?) and it was easier to pass the broken up stone rather than the big one. I really hope that you can pass this quickly because the pain is no joke.

I am having a pain flare and can't keep food down. Not fun. Doctor told me we can do the laser bust it up if I get fed up with this....and I am starting to consider it.

It has been great to get support from so many - I feel awful whereas a day or ago I was "ok"

Did others have bloating and Constipation? My normally flat tummy is distended and I have gained alot of weight in a week. I feel pretty gross actually.

Since I saw the CT scan images I know things look okay other than inflammation from this - and they could tell I was filled with gas in the images too. Anyway I know this will be ok, but right now I feel like I am dying. I know that is pretty dramatic sounding but I am sure my blood pressure is elevated, I am very queasy and bent over in pain.

I'm sure you're not in the mood for humor, but you remind me of a colicking horse. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking when there's nothing we can do to help with their pain. And I'm sure banamine and tubing with oil would not help you at this point :( . Maybe go for a ride in the trailer.....It might help you poop ;)

I am having a pain flare and can't keep food down. Not fun. Doctor told me we can do the laser bust it up if I get fed up with this....and I am starting to consider it.

It has been great to get support from so many - I feel awful whereas a day or ago I was "ok"

Did others have bloating and Constipation? My normally flat tummy is distended and I have gained alot of weight in a week. I feel pretty gross actually.

Since I saw the CT scan images I know things look okay other than inflammation from this - and they could tell I was filled with gas in the images too. Anyway I know this will be ok, but right now I feel like I am dying. I know that is pretty dramatic sounding but I am sure my blood pressure is elevated, I am very queasy and bent over in pain.

I had that massive bloating and distention with the erosive gastritis. Gas X helped. Entire abdomen was hard like a small basketball. Painful. I felt gross, too.

I don't think you sound dramatic at all. You sound painful.

What's the reasoning against doing the laser? Just to see if you can pass it on your own?

Two friends had stents put in for their kidney stones but they were recurrent.

I'm so bummed that you have pain.

Haha Kindle, good idea - I am willing to call the vet. He's hot and a kind soul and gives better hugs than any human docs! Not wild about the tubing thing....but am becoming considerably more flexible on the details . :)

I'm sure you're not in the mood for humor, but you remind me of a colicking horse. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking when there's nothing we can do to help with their pain. And I'm sure banamine and tubing with oil would not help you at this point :( . Maybe go for a ride in the trailer.....It might help you poop ;)

@@CBT on Friday when I met the urologist I had minimal pain, not needing pain meds, he told me 80 percent chance it would pass fine by itself. Also told me I had been through the worst of the pain. The laser blast thing is invasive...sedated, done in a hospital setting so it was a calculated risk to just give it time. He did allow a higher dose of Percaset so I am better now - tho still in pain. It's almost 230 and I ate a few bites of yogurt before feeling pukey so that'd better....didn't brave the IB yet for the day.

My tummy males me.look about 4 months pregnant

Loopy too

I have A LOT if kidney stones. She. They first occurred about 4 years ago, I had a 20mm and 9mm stone on the left and a 10mm and 9mm on my right. They had to do something because you can only pass a 5mm-6mm on your own. (Have they said the approx size?) For mine to grow that large, they had been there probably 2 years but didn't cause pain until they moved. I had 3 rounds of lithotripsy (both kidneys at same time) and bi-lateral ureter scents for 3 weeks. The agents were awful. I have passed many other since then. Mine always come at the worst times - and in fact day after I got home from my RNY, I passed a quite large one. From your description, it sounds like it may be on the way out. The lithotripsy was actually quite easy. Go to sleep, wake up 30 minutes later. Back was a little sore but not too bad. Ice or heat worked for me some. Hot bath helped a lot (especially with the stents).

I have a crazy remedy for you that actually worked on me a few times. My Dr threw it out as sort of a fluke but I tried it and sped up the process of passing it. It is to drink about 8 oz of Fluid then bend over a couch or something with your head facing down (ie your kidneys are pointing downwards) and then pound on your back in the kidney area. You can't do it for too long. I try to pound about 50 times (I use a sock with tennis balls in it) and then staying leaning over, take a break. I know it sounds crazy but the movement does seem to move the stone along. Take ur pain med first (preferably with food so you don't get sick) and then after 30 or so minutes drink the Water. Waiting 30 minutes after drinking is to give time for Fluid to get to your kidneys. The pain will likely come and go but if it continues at the pain level you are at, you may want to go ahead and do the lithotripsy. I've had it done 4 times now. Too many times can damage your kidney but so can a stuck stone. Walking helps move the stone too supposedly as I would imagine rid g a horse would do the same - jostling the stone around.

So sorry you are going thru with this. I know it is no fun! Oh and yes my stomach does get messed up when I am going to pass one. It is sometimes one of my clues one is coming.

If I can help answer any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

Oh one more thing.... Some urologists will also prescribe a med that is actual ll used by men for prostate issues because it will dilate the ureter and make it easier to pass. They can also give you an anti-spasmodic drug which will sometimes lessen some if the pain if it has moved to your bladder. Best of luck!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App