Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cant tolerate Protein Shake! 3 days post op!

My doc said don't stress the Protein because I have protein reserves in my body it would use. I could get more protein as I felt better. Focus on your Fluid intake! The last thing you want is to be dehydrated. I've been lucky that Water agrees fine with my sleeve. I'm 10 days post and i just started attempting to have something besides water on day 6.

What about unflavored Protein in some Gatorade? That may help.

I can't tolerate Protein Shake it's so heavy feeling nauseous, when eating Protein shake, now the Water is good but anybody nows other way to substitute protein shake in a early stage of the sleeve. I'm 3 days post op!

Protein water!!! GNC carries cold bottles of Isopure in several flavors and there's 40g of protein in a 29oz bottle. Has an odd aftertaste but my pouch handles it better. Good luck!

I didn't start adding Protein until 7 days postop. One thing that I did early on...I made a shake and mixed 4 oz shake with 4 oz skim milk. It thinned it out enough for me to drink.

My dr also said to focus on hydration not shakes. There are some Protein Shakes that are not Meal Replacements. They are much lighter and easier to get down. And some powers that mix into anything (I did GENEPRO in wonton Soup broth). My dr actually told me to stop trying. Take a total break for 2 days. Everything was much easier when I tried again. (Struggled the first week, took a 3 day break, and was much better day 10.)

Protein and hydration are both critical for healing.

Try bone broth. It has more Protein than other broths.

As someone else mentioned, try a clear Protein Drink like Isopure. I really liked the ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates early out. They gave them to me in the hospital undiluted over a bit of crushed ice and they worked great. You might also want to try a lighter protein supplement like Suntrax nectar.

Keep sipping and keep trying, it will get easier,

Try unflavored Protein powder in broth.

Also what kind of Protein shake are you having? You need something thin, like Syntrax nectar or premier ready made. You don't want to make your shakes in a blender because it will add in air and make the shakes to thick. Just use a shaker bottle. Thin them out and sip on them

I had Protein Shakes in the hospital, I had to be able to drink at least 1/2 to be able to be released. I had Protein Shakes from day one.

As a male is important to get your protein in so you don't lose muscle, it is important for everyone really. The less muscle you have the less muscle you have to help you burn fat.

@@leonelbreton

You might want to try GENEPRO, it is more expensive, but the scoops are smaller, the mix is finer, and you get 30g of Protein. I ordered from Amazon.....

http://www.amazon.com/Musclegen-Research-Genepro-Medical-Servings/dp/B00K6OSDYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455942223&sr=8-1&keywords=genepro

You should find it much easier soon!

It took me about 2 weeks to tolerate Protein drinks, and even now at 11 weeks out I can't do the milky flavored ones. The first week my doctor said just to focus on my fluids and do my best. It does get easier!

I buy unflavored Protein and put it in my crystal light instead of regular shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

I was on clear liquid diet two weeks post op. Isopure drinks come in lots of flavor and have lots of Protein. I liked grape. The Vitamin Shoppe has them. Get your Water in. Or G2. You #1 priority is to stay hydrated.