Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find out what it means to me

From Rags to Riches-Tony Bennett. :)

I love Tony Bennett so.....
In San Francisco (home of the World's Most Beautiful Ballpark), when the Giants win a home game, they play "I left My Heart in San Francisco".

Yes, ma'am . I'm originally from the Bay Area. I still miss it, so that song makes me cry when I hear it.

It's a Sin, by Eddie Howard....never heard of it, and never heard of him.

In response to vile and disrespectful language......I couldn't believe that the one that was rolling around here last week went so far. The OP was cursing out every response in a disgusting way and no intention of benefiting from our input. Those ones need to be shut down sooner and forbidden to post anything in this forum.

I have been on here for over two years, and I feel like I know many of you as well as any of my neighbors, and I like most of you more than I like some people in my own family. It's hard to not chime in on garbage like that, because it does fan the flame.

We all need to get better at ignoring folks like that. We are decent people who can respectfully disagree. Like I frequently tell newbies......Opinions and tact may vary, but we mean well. I love my forum family. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.

Just a note:

If you add your comment about the OP's subject without checking what the #1 song was the day you were born and posting it, I will be sad.

That is all.

A Hard Day's Night by the Beatles.

That explains a lot.

Just a note:

If you add your comment about the OP's subject without checking what the #1 song was the day you were born and posting it, I will be sad.

That is all.

A Hard Day's Night by the Beatles.

That explains a lot.

Ditto to "A Hard Day's Night". We must share the same birthday week.

Happy Birthday ~6 months in advance.

Don't Leave Me This Way- Thelma Houston

Disco forever!

This is the most active WLS site because of the app. We have to roll with the punches.

Don't Leave Me This Way- Thelma Houston

Disco forever!

This is the most active WLS site because of the app. We have to roll with the punches.

Good point.

Ditto to "A Hard Day's Night". We must share the same birthday week.

Happy Birthday ~6 months in advance.

I was born on Sunday, July 26, 1964 (as was Sandra Bullock). That was the start of the first week the song was number one. It went for two weeks at that spot.

Mick Jagger was also born on July 26, but 21 years before me and my galpal Sandy.

Fun fact:

Respect by Aretha Franklin was the #1 song on the day I was born.

Yes, I'm old.

Mine is Chapel of Love by The Dixie Cups

Edited because Love is not Live autocorrect!

Mine was, "Chapel of Love" by the Dixie cups. Now I know why I always loved singing along to that song ????

As for @@Babbs being old when RESPECT came out...nope...I beat you by three years????

a "tough-love" way is a better approach.

Have you ever noticed that, when you do give a tough-love type of response, people "like" it, but the addressee is never amongst them? Most often people want to hear what they want to hear.

Respect by Aretha Franklin was the #1 song on the day I was born.

Yes, I'm old.

Spring chicken is more like it, Missy. My thought upon reading your day-of-birth song title was, "Geez, I pre-date Peggy Lee's 'Fever.'" The funny thing is that, when I clicked into the BirthdayJams link, I found that another Peggy Lee song was #1 on my day. Ever hear "Manana (is good enough for me)?" It must have been around for quite some time, as I do know it.

@@2goldengirl, let's send the two of them to their rooms without any supper.

@@Inner Surfer Girl

Are we bday twins? June 17/64

You Can't Hurry Love by the Supremes.

I know I definitely fall in the "tough love" category when it comes to posting, but I treat my friends and family exactly the same way face to face. The only time I waste my time trying to be PC is with clients (well, most of the time).

As for the belligerent negative nellies, vulgar posters, and defensive responders, they actually make me feel good about myself. Warped, I know. But as much as I may think I'm a miserable bitch, at least I'm not as miserable as them and I have the communication skills to express myself without using profanity. Although, I gotta admit some days there haven't been enough curse words invented to express how I REALLY feel ;)

@@Babbs, I just have to give you a shout-out for the most entertaining threadjack evah.