Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find out what it means to me

You are our fearless leader. Now stand in the corner.

Do I get a spankin' too? Please?

@@Babbs

In the Year 2525 - Zager and Evans

@Everyone else including the OP

I do see your point...

We all have the right to ask questions/expect answers in a polite, courteous and even respectful manner...

But at the same time, we all (if we choose to) have the right to say EXACTLY what we think...

Some time ago, I became tired and bored with editing/censoring myself to appease those who are lacking of heart and feeble of mind...

This applies to life both 'in here' and 'out there'...

While at no point have I set out to cause angst or to enflame situations, I'll not go out of my way to 'sugar-coat' my opinions...

Anyone and everyone has the opportunity to ignore/scroll over/respond to my (or anyone's) posts should they choose to...

I've no issue with being ignored or passed over...

Such things happen...

So as far as I'm concerned, unleash the (verbal) beast!!!

Say what you like, however you like...*

Use as much profanity as you like...*

Misspell even the simplest of words to your heart's content...*

Perhaps use words or phrases out of context...*

But do so knowing that this is the internet - so there's always a chance that ye shall reap exactly what ye sow...

Of course, I could be wrong... ;)

* - I'm in no way implying that the OP or anyone in this thread is guilty of such things...

But let's face it - It happens!!!

@@Babbs

In the Year 2525 - Zager and Evans

@Everyone else including the OP

I do see your point...

We all have the right to ask questions/expect answers in a polite, courteous and even respectful manner...

But at the same time, we all (if we choose to) have the right to say EXACTLY what we think...

Some time ago, I became tired and bored with editing/censoring myself to appease those who are lacking of heart and feeble of mind...

This applies to life both 'in here' and 'out there'...

While at no point have I set out to cause angst or to enflame situations, I'll not go out of my way to 'sugar-coat' my opinions...

Anyone and everyone has the opportunity to ignore/scroll over/respond to my (or anyone's) posts should they choose to...

I've no issue with being ignored or passed over...

Such things happen...

So as far as I'm concerned, unleash the (verbal) beast!!!

Say what you like, however you like...*

Use as much profanity as you like...*

Misspell even the simplest of words to your heart's content...*

Perhaps use words or phrases out of context...*

But do so knowing that this is the internet - so there's always a chance that ye shall reap exactly what ye sow...

Of course, I could be wrong... ;)

* - I'm in no way implying that the OP or anyone in this thread is guilty of such things...

But let's face it - It happens!!!

Unfortunately the internet turns some people into fierce keyboard warriors. They would probably never respond to someone like that in a face to face conversation.

As much as anyone has a right to say what they want, having a little class goes a long way too.

I wonder how many people do not ask questions, left this site or never joined after reading replies to posts that were totally out of line. Telling someone something with tough love is one thing, unjustly berating them, cursing them out or making them feel stupid is another.

As I said mate, I certainly see your point...

I'm in no way advocating bullying or harassment of anyone...

(Except maybe 'Niners fans... Yeah... Definitely 'Niners fans... Anyway, I digress...)

Nor am I applauding, or even agreeing with, the methods of the 'keyboard warrior' types that you mention...

Those who choose to take on a confrontational, nasty and spiteful persona just because or the 'anonymity' they enjoy are most certainly the weakest of the weak..

But the reality is, there are some among us who are exactly the same 'on screen' as they (we) are in 'real life'..

If they (we) were to change who they (we) are to ensure that no feelings are hurt, they (we) are no different to those who take on the abovementioned more menacing persona...

Perhaps more socially acceptable - but the same fake type of people nonetheless..

Of course, I've no doubt that there are some who decide not to ask questions or who choose to leave the forums for whatever reason...

But ultimately, that's up to them...

Their decision...

Their choice...

And if they choose to not scroll/ignore/etc, then in my humble opinion, it's their loss...

Anyway, I've no desire to argue...

And no, I don't believe that we're arguing...

In fact, I'm quite a fan of the back and forth that a few on this site are capable of providing...

But alas, the time has come for me to take my leave..

It's now 7 hours until my alarm wakes me and I go to the gym...

And truth be told, I'm in need of an incredible amount of beauty sleep...

Nite all...

Kinda...

You are our fearless leader. Now stand in the corner.

Do I get a spankin' too? Please?

Now Anastasia...ummm...I mean Sharon....you know Christian keeps that kind of stuff in the "play room". :o :D

Brown Sugar .... Rolling Stones ...

I don't even KNOW that song !!! :)

This is fun @@Babbs !

This is fun @@Babbs !

How can anyone NOT know the Stones' "Brown Sugar"!

Oh, baby, congratulations! You just discovered real rock and roll. :)

I feel old the number One song on my birthday Wednesday, February 21, 1951 was the Tennessee waltz by Patti page. All I had to do was ask Siri on my phone

Catherine Deneuve is my fantasy alter ego.

Such a coincidence. I read an interview with Deneuve late last night from yesterday's Times. When asked whom she would want to be if she were not herself, she confided that you are her fantasy alter ego.

This is fun @@Babbs !

Wait...WHAT?

I DEMAND you look it up on YouTube and listen immediately!

/ Brown Sugar. How come you taste so good?

Catherine Deneuve was born October 22, 1943. I don't think we have charts for France during the occupation, but in the US, the number one song was Sunday, Monday, and Always by Bing Crosby.

I couldn't resist so googled "Catherine Deneuve surfing" and wasn't disappointed.

Surfing

post-223781-14555514074202_thumb.jpg

On the beach

post-223781-14555514341291_thumb.jpg

And, a more recent photo.

post-223781-14555514926898_thumb.jpg

If I could have just a tiny bit of her class, style, and beauty when I get to goal I will be very, very happy.

@@Babbs Every Breath You Take by The Police

Kind of disappointed cause I always thought the lyrics to that song were creepy.

If I could have just a tiny bit of her class, style, and beauty when I get to goal I will be very, very happy.

My dear ISG, you have all three right now.

Every Breath You Take by The Police

Kind of disappointed cause I always thought the lyrics to that song were creepy.

The lyrics were intended to be creepy, but no reflection on you. If you want to be creepy, you'll have to try much, much harder. You'd have to be someone else.

@@Babbs Every Breath You Take by The Police

TOTALLY creepy. Stalker song!